Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luke

Dartford Game Updates

Game to now be played on Saturday 7th.

I wonder if it will be possible to do the same as we did against Telford: if the pitch is still unplayable Friday afternoon then arrange to play the original league game.

I wonder if it will be possible to do the same as we did against Telford: if the pitch is still unplayable Friday afternoon then arrange to play the original league game.

I believe Aldershot have arranged to play Altrincham on Saturday as a result, so no.

Could try and arrange to play one of the other sides effected and left without a game due to Gateshead v Wrexham being on Saturday.

That'd be Nuneaton or Kidderminster, and as it's Nuneaton on 28th March (the day before the trophy final so could be postponed and moved to midweek) it could be logical to avoid a potential midweek fixture.

Likewise Kiddy is the day of the semi final 2nd leg, so could also avoid a potential midweek trip.

Nuneatons have no game this weekend , due to play them away last weekend in march which I think is the same weekend as trophy final , they are due to play Wrexham on Saturday but postponed with Wrexham being in trophy , could play them but I wonder if Wrexham have done what we did with Telford and if their game with Gateshead gets an early PP they will play them.

Nuneatons have no game this weekend , due to play them away last weekend in march which I think is the same weekend as trophy final , they are due to play Wrexham on Saturday but postponed with Wrexham being in trophy , could play them but I wonder if Wrexham have done what we did with Telford and if their game with Gateshead gets an early PP they will play them.

We are to play Dartford on Saturday

Apparently the Courier says that we will now play Aldershot mid week next week.

I thought we had the Gateshead league game scheduled for Tuesday? Or are they gonna try and give the pitch a rest by postponing the Gateshead game further and play Aldershot away on Tuesday?

We are supposed to be playing Gateshead next Tuesday so not sure why we have arranged Aldershot away besides if Dartford is off Saturday should that not be the next Tuesday game

Snow forecast tonight not much but the last thing we need at the moment , temperatures need to rise to at least 10 degrees to give the pitch any chance of thawing out , long range forecast is shite .

Can see us playing a couple of home games at Rochdale again. Terrible situation but what can you do. Until the pitch is sorted properly and investment made in proper frost protection then we will always struggle.

Shame as well. Great league posistion and chance of going far in the Trophy. Must say in terms of the original fixture list where we were dealt a really poor hand with so many of our remaining games away (6 out of 9 was it) trips to sodding Torquay etc on a Tuesday, coupled with the Gateshead farce, the rugby and now the cold snap - the luck of the draw has really gone against us.

Its going to be an interesting last 2/3 months of the season. Everything and anything is still possible and having some good numbers in the squad now is encouraging (Aspin prefers a small squad :D  :shh:  :D ) but for Aspin to piece this one all together and come out with anything to show for it will take some doing, even for him.

If anyone can, Aspin can but i suggest anything more than an FA Trophy two legged semi and top 7 in the league will be well above my expectations all things considered.

End of day we are into Feb and everything is to play for and there have not been many years in my time watching Town either at this level or the one above where you can say that so thats positive i guess.

Rochdale once lit an oil drum on 2 breeze blocks and defrosted the goalmouth in 1 hour 45 minutes.

And they have the cheek to call us Dingles.

One expert on the FB group is suggesting that we get undersoil heating. Undersoil heating to take a chance on a midweek Trophy replay against Dartford for 800 fans. Hope he's got a fat wallet.

The situation sucks but you can't really do owt when the temperature's not going above freezing for several days.

End of the season we have to choose whether to invest again. We have to choose whether to contribute to the pitch when we know the council are unlikely to and the eggers simply won't while we also reassemble a squad for 15/16. Then we have to choose whether to invest in the best covers that will insulate down to -3ºC, or dig the whole place up and replace the clay and concrete with drains. We've both struggled with standing water and ice recently. They are tough decisions, and we didn't sit back on it the last two seasons either.

1. If The Shay pitch is still likely to be unplayable by the weekend, we will still host them at the ESS, 3pm on Saturday

FC Halifax Town will now wait until Thursday morning to make a decision on Saturday's potential FA Trophy replay against Dartford...

I know there's little we can do but the complications are getting embarrassing now. I bet this sort of situation is rare even in the FA Vase.