Dartford

warleyshaymen

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got back from a late meeting to discover we were 2-1 up and down to 9 men - sort of glad I missed that bit

Enjoyed the final whistle though  :D

Pace makers needed tonight Steve

not a lot , but when your winning you hang on to every word lol

Changed to listen on sports fm 

nearly put the laptop down and left it down the fait, i didn't i sat there shaking with my head in my hands and not blinking in fear they might score if i did  :) . that was the longest 26 mins i've endured for a while, till Saturday anyway, this club will be the death of me, certainly put us through the ringer. 

Bring on Saturday,

Absolutely made up for this win and can't wait to see the highlights. Wish I'd seen all of that in person. What a badge of honour for those who went that they saw that result being ground out.

Time to make at least a signing and a loan top priority ahead of Saturday. All we need is numbers, but doing whatever Accy ask for Hatfield won't go amiss.

Absolutely made up for this win and can't wait to see the highlights. Wish I'd seen all of that in person. What a badge of honour for those who went that they saw that result being ground out.

Time to make at least a signing and a loan top priority ahead of Saturday. All we need is numbers, but doing whatever Accy ask for Hatfield won't go amiss.

NA will sort it, even if he's on the bench himself  :)

What a night. Absolutely magnificent effort from 9 players. Shocking ref for both sides. totally clueless. Master stroke from Aspen to bring on Boden and go for the win. well worth a cold night in Dartford for the 3 points on offer but would have settled for a draw at 1 1 with 10 men!!!!!

Well. Didn't expect that! Fantastic win under very trying circumstances which does put us back in the mix and genuinely shows what bottle this squad has when it comes down to it. Be interesting to see the red cards, ill-discipline is what we've been accused of and I've stuck up for our lads up to this point, but we can't afford to be living up to that reputation with games coming thick and fast.

Anyway, GET THE **** IN!!!  :D

got back from a late meeting to discover we were 2-1 up and down to 9 men - sort of glad I missed that bit

Enjoyed the final whistle though :D

Darby and Joan club singles night ? :-)

Might not be the strongest league but at the moment there are at least 5 squads better than ours.

Interested as to who the (at least) 5 better than us are?

I'd agree that Barnet & Bristol are head and shoulders above the rest of the league, but other than those two I'd put us in a group who have very little to choose between each other.

I think we might have over estimated the quality of this league when we came up into it. Winning it is tough as each season there are 1 or 2 teams who are very strong, you then have around 8-10 average sides, 6-8 sides who are generally poor but every so often get a few surprise results, then 4-6 sides who are very very bad. We're very much a part of those 8-10 average sides, last season it was enough to sneak into 5th and at this point we've every chance of repeating it.

Interested as to who the (at least) 5 better than us are?

I'd agree that Barnet & Bristol are head and shoulders above the rest of the league, but other than those two I'd put us in a group who have very little to choose between each other.

I think we might have over estimated the quality of this league when we came up into it. Winning it is tough as each season there are 1 or 2 teams who are very strong, you then have around 8-10 average sides, 6-8 sides who are generally poor but every so often get a few surprise results, then 4-6 sides who are very very bad. We're very much a part of those 8-10 average sides, last season it was enough to sneak into 5th and at this point we've every chance of repeating it.

Fully agreed. It's worth saying though that we deserved to win at Bristol Rovers earlier in the season in my opinion, certainly did not deserve to lose. They didn't look all that much in that match although looks like they've significantly improved since then.

Proves one thing.

The negative formation Aspin starts with against crap like Dartford should now be binned forever.

9 men proved it. 

9 men proved how bad they are.

He has to be more positive especially against the sides on a poor run.

And please stop talking this consolidation bollocks.

Play off place is there for the taking, this season the Conference is full of garbage.

Another thing, Bolton was a complete idiot to get sent off that way after going 2-1 up, he should be stood outside the headmasters office as I type.

Archived