January Signings

Steve Lanzarote

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eat your heart out Greg45 just announced on player say FCHT have received a bid for Robbo in Jan from Barnsley but turned down.

Why am I eating my heart out? I questioned your comment when you said we'd previously accepted a bid from Barnsley in the summer which I've never seen anywhere.

I do expect him to leave, just very clear it's still not a 'done deal' as many would have you believe.

Based on what i saw today, we definitely need to replace ainge, williams is a better attacker than defender! Also Kevin Roberts is a much better option than James Bolton at RB, too many times today he would drift inside and leave his man, he was at fault for a lot of alfreton's attacks. Personally, would like to see a new centre back in before dartford and kevin roberts back in the team. If not then bolton at cb rather than williams.

Based on what i saw today, we definitely need to replace ainge, williams is a better attacker than defender! Also Kevin Roberts is a much better option than James Bolton at RB, too many times today he would drift inside and leave his man, he was at fault for a lot of alfreton's attacks. Personally, would like to see a new centre back in before dartford and kevin roberts back in the team. If not then bolton at cb rather than williams.

Would definitely agree with this. Wonder if we expected a more aerial threat today and that's why williams came in, bolton is better than roberts in the air too.

Just listened to Aspin's interview, he said he's had about 10 bids for strikers turned down throughout this season. Still deciding whether or not to increase the bid on the defender that was rejected. A player had agreed to join us on thursday morning and then the same night he rung aspin saying he didn't want part time football. One comment that did worry me though was he said that we could still make loan signings after janurary so he seemed in no rush in that department. Overall, it's nice to hear he's trying but let's hope we can get some players in soon, we really need some fresh faces.

This links to our previous conversations and debate about ambition and reality. We all agreed we have the ambition but the reality is we are at a level that reflects our infrastructure. We are a part time team, part time wages etc and that attracts a certain type of player. It is also January and most players are under contract until at least the end of the season. It won't be easy as Aspin is finding so we shouldn't expect 'big' signings. I think our best bet are loans as Aspin states, less commitment to either team. I do hope we see at least one lower league player signing with potential, but these are always a risk when unproven at a higher level. Here's hoping for the best and to be surprised but I'm expecting some average loan players.

Yesterdays first half performance proved we need some back up players, it may have to be loanees.

If nothing happens soon I can you see the young lad Sam starting soon.

There was only one player missing from the bench and he is injured- Jackson.

We all know Aspin is trying hard but we need some fresh blood in the squad! Big game Dartford away! Will he keep the same team? See you there those travelling down.

I do worry about JJ as his whole career as been the same that he can never get a sustained run of games due to injuries etc and seems to take quite a while to recover hopefully Worthy can sort him out as he needs 100% fitness for the type of player he is. This, before a tirade of abuse, is not having a go at JJ just a statement

been thinking a lot over recent weeks we need a striker with some presence up front in order to get the best out of Boden, saw some flashes in early december when he was partnered with Dyer but to date Dyer hasn't had the desired impact himself even if he does help his striker partner

Having had time to reflect on Saturday I have to say, that game really showed up what we are lacking. Defensively we were all over the place, Williams is not up to it. Yes his hight provides a threat in the box during attacks, defensively he is clueless.

We lack pace, and for me Marshall is the player that needs to be on the bench, not Pearson.

Attacking wise, yes we scored 5 and Peniket got a hattrick, but Boden and Peniket weren't a threat as an attacking unit.

most of the game they were 40 yards apart.

I lost count the amount of times Boden had to come to the halfway line to get the ball, no wonder he's not scoring, if he has to do that.

He needs to be on the shoulder of the defender making runs, he is so under used.

For me we need to invest in the spine of the team. Defender, Midfielder and Striker.

Ridiculous request if true.

If it means the full contract value then yes.If it means we pay our percentage of wages for 52 weeks as opposed to 40

then it's more penny pinching by this board.What they fail to realise is that the club has a good chance of playoffs/fat

this season which may not arise again in near future.It's time to invest a small percentage of the Aladin's cave they

have amassed.

If it means the full contract value then yes.If it means we pay our percentage of wages for 52 weeks as opposed to 40

then it's more penny pinching by this board.What they fail to realise is that the club has a good chance of playoffs/fat

this season which may not arise again in near future.It's time to invest a small percentage of the Aladin's cave they

have amassed.

pretty certain if Aspin thinks it's a good deal, then the board will back him. Maybe Aspin doesn't think it's the right deal?

pretty certain if Aspin thinks it's a good deal, then the board will back him. Maybe Aspin doesn't think it's the right deal?

If that's the case fair enough.Aspin has said he has missed out on 10 targets recently...

all wanting more than Aspin's valuation ?? if i were him i'd be getting a bit pizzed off now.

Archived