January Signings

Steve Lanzarote

Messer went to Salford then not sure what happened. And Marie isn't one of our own

I was trying to be inclusive of the whole scope of young players that we've had through the ranks of FCHT, those that we've tried to develop from school age like Messer etc, those that we've briefly had on loan like Love etc, and those that we've brought in as promising youngsters like Marie, Hibbs, AJ . Non have set the World on fire and at best produced just a brief flicker . How many, other than Tully, have we developed since Craig Fleming ?

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was trying to be inclusive of the whole scope of young players that we've had through the ranks of FCHT, those that we've tried to develop from school age like Messer etc, those that we've briefly had on loan like Love etc, and those that we've brought in as promising youngsters like Marie, Hibbs, AJ . Non have set the World on fire and at best produced just a brief flicker . How many, other than Tully, have we developed since Craig Fleming ?

To an extent you could say Jacob Hazel? Was breaking into first team last I knew. Other is maybe cormac noel who now plays in America. Not sure what standard though. They are just at a push off top of my head from who I played with

Edit: Jacob Hazel Is at Mickleover Sports after spells at FCUM and Ashton United

The main problem I remember from playing at Halifax at junior level was when anyone was good enough, not enough was/could be done to keep hold. A lot of the better players moved onto Chesterfield as an unofficial link due to ties Des Hazel had there, especially after Jacob went. Then in my last year as an under 16, the York soccer schools were set up in Halifax and that was pretty much it for junior level football under the Halifax badge. It was done on a shoestring budget with high fees to play. Not helped by an unwillingness to get involved by the man at the top

We're in a cracking location for player recruitment. I wouldn't call Lincoln an outpost but we're just as close as they are to Sheffield, their second closest big city. Then look at the major football clubs we have even closer to us: Bradford, Leeds, Barnsley, Rotherham, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Burnley, Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn. Then to a lesser extent Accrington, York and Huddersfield. Then the rest of Yorkshire and Greater Manchester etc are littered with players with plenty of smaller clubs. Further to that we've had players from the north east and the west midlands named in our lineups in recent years. Lack of players who can commute is the last of our concerns.

To an extent you could say Jacob Hazel? Was breaking into first team last I knew. Other is maybe cormac noel who now plays in America. Not sure what standard though. They are just at a push off top of my head from who I played with

Edit: Jacob Hazel Is at Mickleover Sports after spells at FCUM and Ashton United

The main problem I remember from playing at Halifax at junior level was when anyone was good enough, not enough was/could be done to keep hold. A lot of the better players moved onto Chesterfield as an unofficial link due to ties Des Hazel had there, especially after Jacob went. Then in my last year as an under 16, the York soccer schools were set up in Halifax and that was pretty much it for junior level football under the Halifax badge. It was done on a shoestring budget with high fees to play. Not helped by an unwillingness to get involved by the man at the top

Cormac is doing really well. He plays for Maryland University I think. They get crowds of 8-10k. Crazy!

Now that Aspin is full time, he should be watching other games 3 or 4 days a week in my opinion. He should have a much better overview of players at other clubs, and potential signings, especially possible loans from higher placed clubs. Basically he should have a list as long as your arm of potential new recruits that he has had this extra time to watch and vet.

Let's hope we see some fruit from this in January, because the recent first half performances against Chester and Woking certainly show we need some fresh blood and new talent!

I may have missed something but what have Leeds Huddersfield or Bradford produced of late that we would covet. or want to borrow.

Leeds produce a number of top youngsters however they are generally either too good to be loaned out or not good enough for us to have. Isn't that much middle ground it seems.

You mention Calum Chettle. Ilkeston must have some right talent, Che Adams to Sheffield Utd, Kane Richards to Chester, Ashley Hunter to Fleetwood and Calum Chettle being touted as a potential signing for a few clubs. All young lads under the age of 20 I think

Seen Ilkeston twice this season and on each occasion played a good brand of football. Your right they have produced some decent talent last couple of years.

Thats probably six years ago, apart from an odd one who went straight into their first team I stand by my comment.

believe Mowatt came through their academy looks a class player, Lewis Cook and Aidy White also came from their academy. Not so many from dog botherers, Duane Holmes will probably be a good player, Ridehalgh seemed to be getting regular games at tranmere not sure where he is now, also Jack Hunt came from their academy. I have no idea about Bradfords academy. There are other odd ones that go unnoticed.

Nathan Cartman ?

Have you watched him yet ? Leeds and Huddersfield have a good clutch of youngsters at the moment, how good they are and where they end up is anybodys guess . Some sort of loan arrangement could be good for all parties, but Aspin and loan 'youngsters' don't seem a great recipe for some reason . Also look at Lenighan and the Turner twins, not exactly a great advert for what Leeds can produce . Think Hyde might be looking at doing something with the Huddersfield academy, will be interesting if they do, to see how good some of those kids really are .

Heard today that FC Halifax Town are interested in a player released by Southport - Steve Brogan.....as usual though its a rumour!! Aspin has been watching him? when I dont know????

Signed for Stalybridge

What do you think of UKIP's chances in May's election?

Dont give a flying **** to be honest

Archived