Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Lanzarote

January Signings

I think we all know the point Trev is trying make. Burnley, a town with a smaller population than halifax have spent most of their time in the upper reaches of the league. That is a fact - It is nit-picking to suggest otherwise. Whether this is down to ambition, tradition or luck is debatable. On the other hand halifax is smaller than Wakefield yet our footballing history is far more illustrious than theirs.....go figure

Wakefield is a Rugby Town.

Based on the poxy turnout from locals to FCHT so is Halifax

I have disproved that myth on here many times using simple facts.

Noticed Dan Gardner isn't getting much game time at chesterfield anymore. Only made 3 starting appearances and 5 sub appearance, hasn't played a full 90 minutes this season. Doubt it would happen but would be a good loan signing temporary or for rest of season. Think he'd rather be playing week in week out for us than benchwarming every week.

Noticed Dan Gardner isn't getting much game time at chesterfield anymore. Only made 3 starting appearances and 5 sub appearance, hasn't played a full 90 minutes this season. Doubt it would happen but would be a good loan signing temporary or for rest of season. Think he'd rather be playing week in week out for us than benchwarming every week.

Wages?

ShayTrevs right, let's spend big money I some players, show them we have ambition and give them a big contract, then when we don't win promotion and are losing money on a weekly basis we can get the buckets out at the Victoria theatre again.

Do you really think Neil Aspin doesn't want to manage as high as possible?

Do you really think the board don't want this club as high as possible?

Do you really think us as fans want to watch conference football for the rest of our lives?

Please!

ShayTrevs right, let's spend big money I some players, show them we have ambition and give them a big contract, then when we don't win promotion and are losing money on a weekly basis we can get the buckets out at the Victoria theatre again.

Do you really think Neil Aspin doesn't want to manage as high as possible?

Do you really think the board don't want this club as high as possible?

Do you really think us as fans want to watch conference football for the rest of our lives?

Please!

Where have I said spend big money?

Some fans have made it obvious that they are happy at 'our level'

Get a new interpreter.

Please!

Sadly, at our level with agents involved we will have to spend money on the big players. That's then changes the whole complexion of the wage structure. If a big money signing comes in on a decent wage, the key players on lower wages want to know why.

Players have short careers and rightly or wrongly will look to find a club that offers them a decent contract for financial security. Most of our players have come from lower league clubs and therefore lower wages. We either need a)a player to hit a rich vein of form to bang goals in like Gregs or b)spend money on a proven striker!

Where have I said spend big money?

Some fans have made it obvious that they are happy at 'our level'

Get a new interpreter.

Please!

There you go again quoting 'our level' in a rather sarcastic perceived reflection of some people's views. If you look deeper into what people are saying you would realise they aspire to compete at the highest level. Why would they not? They are just being realistic about our current setup, mainly off the pitch, and our ability to sustain any increased financial commitment.

There you go again quoting 'our level' in a rather sarcastic perceived reflection of some people's views. If you look deeper into what people are saying you would realise they aspire to compete at the highest level. Why would they not? They are just being realistic about our current setup, mainly off the pitch, and our ability to sustain any increased financial commitment.

You have been here two minutes and already appointed yourself spokesman. Well done, can you score goals too? 

And the fact that he spent most of his time with us warming the bench ;)

Did well to get a move to a football league side then warming a bench and getting paid wage for full time football.

Did well to get a move to a football league side then warming a bench and getting paid wage for full time football.

I was his biggest fan but the chemistry between Aspin and Gardner was never quite right and the agent stirring the pot didn't help matters

You have been here two minutes and already appointed yourself spokesman. Well done, can you score goals too?

In no way do I aspire to your role on the forumI am merely making my own points and feelings heard, I joined the forum after occasionally reading it now and again and gradually feeling frustrated at other fans views. We are all shaymen and all want the same thing, to feel proud of our club, whether that be through success or not. Please do not take my points to heart, they are meant for the head and to maybe make people reflect.