January Signings

Steve Lanzarote

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So only Ainge left in this window and we've brought in 6?

Think those saying the board don't back the manager have been answered.

And Wilson prior to the window opening. Plus we have let Marie go out on loan.

Of the 6 brought in a couple are loans and one is a youth player presumably on a cheap contract, however overall I agree.

The amount of squad depth at the moment pleases me. I think our additions (at least on paper) in this window look to be good and we have numbers in to cover for a run of games in a short period of time and in case one of the new players turns out to be a bit of a turkey.

Its looking like we can say we had a good transfer window.

Well after all that, assuming that's it, we couldn't have asked for a better transfer window. Should hopefully silence those who say Aspin isn't willing to spend when necessary either. Chuffed and excited for our next match, whatever month it'll be in.

Think hutch will have played in the trophy already,not sure about mellor.

Hutch played against us. 

Mellor available if we beat Dartford

Muldoon available if we beat Dartford

Hattersley cup tied.

Kelly does not think so

Brilliant Jan Window

Hutch played against us in trophy, but think we might be in luck with hattersley as he didn't play for southport in fa trophy so I believe he shouldn't be cup tied. Mellor is ok to play too.

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2014/12/13/england/fa-trophy/southport-fc/wrexham-fc/1972441/

http://int.soccerway.com/matches/2014/12/16/england/fa-trophy/wrexham-fc/southport-fc/1974680/

I'll wait until I've seen any of them play before decreeing we've had a brilliant window. Sorry to be negative but that's the truth of it - let's wait and see.

Thats just you being your normal self Greg45 :huh:  :huh:

I think we will still off load a couple but still leaves us with a strong squad........ :D  :D

I'll wait until I've seen any of them play before decreeing we've had a brilliant window. Sorry to be negative but that's the truth of it - let's wait and see.

It's not negative to say that at all, just pragamtic. We all hope that these signings can push us on to success be it either the league or trophy. Only time will tell how much of an advantage these players give over our rivals as they too will have boosted their squads in the past few weeks too.

I hope some of these signings can help get the best out of Boden as afer 30+ games we still haven't got a system that suits him.

About Hattersley:

8.4 vs AFC Telford United (H)

7.6 vs Wrexham (H) 

Apart from that he had an average of 7.00.......not bad, IMO.

On top of that he's only 21....

We all know now why Aspin signed him, because he had good marks on the Viking Index  :rolleyes:

Something to remember -

Only the players registered BEFORE the original tie against Dartford will be available for the replay, so none of the deadline day signings will be able to play.

No Muldoon either then? We still have enough to progress with what we had so hopefully not a problem.

Archived