Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Lanzarote

January Signings

Worcester have just signed a striker from a lower level, but could this be a sign Geddes or Nti are departing? Our way?

both seemed very lively players when we played them

well it all starts tomorrow.......glad to see people are finally agreeing we are 2/3 players short in MF/CF (Boden not the answer just part of it) we do need a dominating CF first & foremost & a real L/footed midfield not one who has to turn inside all the time to cross with his right. This has been the same though from pre  season so I HOPE THIS IS RESOLVED then we can push on for that play off place..............Other teams are finding these players so why cant we. What do we need to do to attract them if teams like Ilkeston they have just sold 2 great prospects.

Farsley had two left wingers :o my :lol: on a brighter note :huh: they were both rubbish :rolleyes: we need quality players that will fit into our team and hopefully improve the visual aspect and we need one or 'two' that we already have to be consistently better on a regular basis

Sometimes its a case of getting in early, plenty of clubs watching Vardy, we got in early. Caught napping with Kane Richards from Ilkeston that went to Chester. We have to bring in at least 2 players as it stands. As for Marc Roberts in his words "I am not aware of any offers for me"

Whilst that is true, it was easier to get in early and take a punt early when we were a glue pot club, also less risk involved and more time to nurture a player.

Getting in early is obviously the only way we will find these gems but without proper DD then signings from the glue leagues chucked straight in to this level can end badly. Marc Roberts and Maynard are proof it can be done though.

It's this market we are in though, established and prooven players won't end up at the Shay under the current structure.

So the key for us fans is not to expect a Vardy result every time we sign one and also allow time to bring the talent on.

Patience and consolidation.

Farsley had two left wingers :o my :lol: on a brighter note :huh: they were both rubbish :rolleyes: we need quality players that will fit into our team and hopefully improve the visual aspect and we need one or 'two' that we already have to be consistently better on a regular basis

They have to be good looking as well now WB? B)  B)  B)

Whilst that is true, it was easier to get in early and take a punt early when we were a glue pot club, also less risk involved and more time to nurture a player.

Getting in early is obviously the only way we will find these gems but without proper DD then signings from the glue leagues chucked straight in to this level can end badly. Marc Roberts and Maynard are proof it can be done though.

It's this market we are in though, established and prooven players won't end up at the Shay under the current structure.

So the key for us fans is not to expect a Vardy result every time we sign one and also allow time to bring the talent on.

Patience and consolidation.

I hate that BL@@dy word.........usually means we have had a cr@p game.

Decent players want to join a club that has ambition. Most will not join a club that is happy to stay at a particular level.

Show some ambition and get ambitious players.

Decent players want to join a club that has ambition. Most will not join a club that is happy to stay at a particular level.

Yes Yes Yes (orgasmic)

To be fair, I don't think a player would look at a forum and go "well that Mr V bloke said consolidation, I'm not going there"

You seem to confuse what the club want and what the fans feel is realistic.

To be fair, I don't think a player would look at a forum and go "well that Mr V bloke said consolidation, I'm not going there"

You seem to confuse what the club want and what the fans feel is realistic.

I don't confuse anything of the sort and I don't expect players to read this forum.

The point is, players are ambitious and want to win things. They will join a Club that shows ambition before any other Club. They will reluctantly join a Club that shows no ambition.

I don't confuse anything of the sort and I don't expect players to read this forum.

The point is, players are ambitious and want to win things. They will join a Club that shows ambition before any other Club. They will reluctantly join a Club that shows no ambition.

If as a player you looked at the league position, last season ,the. ground and Aspin you'd think great am going to a club with ambition but if you came on most Matchdays you'd think how is this club going to go anywhere further

If as a player you looked at the league position, last season ,the. ground and Aspin you'd think great am going to a club with ambition but if you came on most Matchdays you'd think how is this club going to go anywhere further

Even if the players already here think that the Club are happy in the Conference then they will not give it that extra in games. Perhaps that explains some of their lacklustre performances.

Be ambitious or wrap up. 

Even if the players already here think that the Club are happy in the Conference then they will not give it that extra in games. Perhaps that explains some of their lacklustre performances.

Be ambitious or wrap up.

I think the club are happy with the Conference but that's not necessarily always a bad thing the Conference and BSN is littered with sides who don't want to progress any further as it would destabilise the club

I think the club are happy with the Conference but that's not necessarily always a bad thing the Conference and BSN is littered with sides who don't want to progress any further as it would destabilise the club

It is a bad thing from our point of view. Think small, be small. The Townsfolk will continue to support out of town teams. 

It is a bad thing from our point of view. Think small, be small. The Townsfolk will continue to support out of town teams.

there is a natural range of "level" having said that that look at Bradford City, WImbledon etc

there is a natural range of "level" having said that that look at Bradford City, WImbledon etc

You have to look no farther than Burnley. Almost their entire history in the top flight.

Didn't know spending the majority of your history outside the top flight meant you'd spent almost all of your history inside the top flight. Trev nails it again.

Didn't know spending the majority of your history outside the top flight meant you'd spent almost all of your history inside the top flight. Trev nails it again.

Perhaps you would like to check their illustrious history for yourself

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnley_F.C.

link knackered, do a google yourself.

Read and weep pip squeak.

Shame they haven't yet taught you to copy URLs properly in your remedial classes. 

Try this and feel free to explain how it demonstrates that Burnley have spent almost their entire history in the top flight. Can't say I'm full of confidence as you're the sort of person who'd claim that fires are lukewarm while burning to death.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/Burnley_FC_League_Performance.svg

Shame they haven't yet taught you to copy URLs properly in your remedial classes. 

Try this and feel free to explain how it demonstrates that Burnley have spent almost their entire history in the top flight. Can't say I'm full of confidence as you're the sort of person who'd claim that fires are lukewarm while burning to death.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/Burnley_FC_League_Performance.svg

Don't try and fog the issue of the thread.

The point was that if Burnley, who have an illustrious History in the top echelons of the football world (I know you hate the fact) then why do people persist we are at 'our level' ?

Pip squeaks prefer pip squeak leagues?

In other words you're wrong again, but like all good goose steppers you don't need facts or actual points when you've got insults. 

In other words you're wrong again, but like all good goose steppers you don't need facts or actual points when you've got insults. 

I have given an example of a Club from a place no bigger than Halifax who have a history only Town can dream of. Nerds like you nit pick at nothing to try and discount the fact. Now run along and play with your train set.