Ched Evans

For ever htfc.

Being slightly mischievous, Evans was a £3 million footballer, once one club takes him on then others would be a lot more willing to sign him. After all this he'd be available on very low wages, is likely to score a lot of goals and in 12-18 months would be worth a tidy amount if sold on.

That's why I expect him to be playing for a club by the time next season kicks off.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be controversial I think we should offer Evans an opportunity to play at FC Halifax. The expectation would be that he is not involved in any pre match or post match interviews. We do not sell any shirts with his name on and he is not involved in any publicity / sponsorship /charity or coaching of young players.

In order to sign I would expect that BOD contact our sponsors before hand and sound them out. Given his father in law has offered to pay towards the cost of sponsorship losses this may not be a financially stupid idea. The lad lives close by and we are not high profile enough to make it a big thing.

Aspin is a proven manager of difficult players and providing Evans is strong enough to handle the abuse he will get then I think it could work. Once he starts playing the furore will die down. I do not condone anything he has done, however he has served his time and deserves the opportunity to make something of his life.

One final condition would be that he does not engage in any further publicity of his own, he takes down his own website and allows the CCRC to review the new evidence and makes it decision in the time it has indicated that it would.

Thoughts????

Its a ridiculous idea, you seem to think that a small non league outfit would get away with it whereas a league 1 team get buckets of abuse.. The media are so all over Evans at the moment i dont think Brighouse Town would get away with signing him.

Whatever your personal views of the case are the question you have to ask yourself is do you want your club being the ones who signed the rapist? Because thats the label we would get off the nation if we did, the clubs profile would rocket for alll the wrong reasons. It matters not if he takes to the pitch at hits 50 goals between now and May as our club in the eyes of the nation would be scum and that tag would stick around a lot longer that Evans would.

Until he clears his name i cant see how his career moves on as not a team in the land will be wanting to be associated with his name after the circus surrounding his proposed move to Oldham last week. It may well be wrong and hes possibly getting a very rough ride out of the whole thing but sadly thats the position hes found himself in and one he could have avoided.

Whatever your personal views of the case are the question you have to ask yourself is do you want your club being the ones who signed the rapist?

Until he clears his name i cant see how his career moves on as not a team in the land will be wanting to be associated with his name after the circus surrounding his proposed move to Oldham last week. It may well be wrong and hes possibly getting a very rough ride out of the whole thing but sadly thats the position hes found himself in and one he could have avoided.

But clubs took on the "murderers" who didn't clear their name.

If we signed him a statement from Bosomworth Woukd be imminent. This would enable him to play games before the statement is released. No one is at the ground in math days to comment as they are council employees rather than Halifax Town employees. We might even get a striker that scores some gosls!

No two cases can be compared, a lot of devil in the details, but to keep dragging up the Macca one is just a strange obsession . We didn't know about his pending conviction until he was signed and he gave us the option of tearing up his contract if we so wished, he pleaded guilty to a violent attack on a person that he was in a violent relationship with, at no point did he try to deny or cover up the offence in court, he didn't even take the obvious route of bringing up the times when she had attacked him, he was punished by the court for his offence, a very different crime to Evans

And nobody batted an eyelid when we signed Ryan Crowther

But clubs took on the "murderers" who didn't clear their name.

Assuming your talking about Hughes and McCormick they werent sent down for murder so they cant be ''murderers' also neither appealed against their verdicts. Society sees a rape as a far more serious offense than causing death by dangerous driving to make sense of your response.

No two cases can be compared, a lot of devil in the details, but to keep dragging up the Macca one is just a strange obsession . We didn't know about his pending conviction until he was signed and he gave us the option of tearing up his contract if we so wished, he pleaded guilty to a violent attack on a person that he was in a violent relationship with, at no point did he try to deny or cover up the offence in court, he didn't even take the obvious route of bringing up the times when she had attacked him, he was punished by the court for his offence, a very different crime to Evans

And nobody batted an eyelid when we signed Ryan Crowther

Crowther?

Assuming your talking about Hughes and McCormick they werent sent down for murder so they cant be ''murderers' also neither appealed against their verdicts. Society sees a rape as a far more serious offense than causing death by dangerous driving to make sense of your response.

They might not have got convicted of murder, hence why I used inverted commas, but they knowingly drove a lethal weapon while over the drink drive limit. What grounds did they possibly have to appeal?

Evans shagged a bird who came back to his hotel after a night out. How people can believe that is worse than killing innocent people, I'll never know.

They might not have got convicted of murder, hence why I used inverted commas, but they knowingly drove a lethal weapon while over the drink drive limit. What grounds did they possibly have to appeal?

Evans shagged a bird who came back to his hotel after a night out. How people can believe that is worse than killing innocent people, I'll never know.

I agree with you i'm not saying its right, but i think this weeks mass hysteria surrounding Evans proposed move to Oldham has shown that without doubt being labeled a rapist is pretty much as bad as it gets.

Any team wanting to sign him right now would be mad, regardless of his ability on the field the circus surrounding it off the pitch would be far more costly and simply not worth while until he can clear his name, failure to do so will surely end his career? 

She only went to the room with McDonald, McDonald invited Evans to join them, other 'players'/people were also involved in the incident but not in the sexual activities

Your opinion here is interesting because it raises a pertinent question. If both Evans and the lass had claimed to be too drunk to remember what had happened, but there were obvious signs that they'd had sex together, could Evans have accused her of rape? After all, by the logic used to convict him, he was too drunk to have given consent? Or can only females be the victims?

It is a fair and pertinent question.

Yes, men can be raped, it does happen although it's probably very unlikely that a man would report it for the humiliation of it all for similar reasons a female victim would stay quiet (same if they were raped by another man). After all, not being in charge when it comes to sex is just not masculine is it?

It's a power thing. Men rape women to assert power over them and our physical differences make this possible and usual. I might as well say this as well, but how much damage can a vagina do as basically a receptacle compared to a dick as a probe? I mean, choose your weapon! Oh wait, we can't, we're born however we are.

Need I mention also how we guys can have sex and revel in all the power and glory of it with no problem. On the other side, women can be offended and insulted for doing whatever she pleases so long as a man is jilted for her having sex with someone else and not them, or just saying no.

Essentially, physically men have the capability of getting their way, and this 'advantage' or superiority is reflected in how we regard men and women, and it's even riddled in the language we use.

how often does it happen for example in a war, that females go out into combat and after invading a village or town will rape men that they see as theirs as they pillage and ruin all in their wake?

Exactly, it seems wrong and absurd when reversed, but men do it. Not all men obviously, I mean the majority of men will gain the trust of a woman and her consent before doing it, but even a good man can get frustrayed, impatient, jealous and angry because there's a lot of pressure on men to be this idea of what a man is and it often comes down to their sexuality.

So the majority of the time it's a man raping a woman because we're the ones with the natural power to do it far more often than women, because we are raised with this sense that we are entitled to screw whoever we want, and that it's natural to believe and act this way, and that women are supposed to accept this regardless of whether she wants that guy to or not. So, when you weigh it all up, we habe to take great responsibility for what we do with our bodies.

Hope that answers your question Hoddie, sorry if the evidence for my argument seemed a bit crude and patronising maybe, I mean you probably know all this stuff, but this is what it has to do with why most of the time it is in fact men that rape.

Also I've come to regard alcohol and sex as a tragic and foolish combination. Just ask and the worst case is you'll have all the same things you had before. Dutch courage will just make your mind unable to cope with the possible disappointment.

Then again, some people seem to be all for it, booze as a route to sex I mean, lads and lasses alike, but these are people who probably see sex as a possession rather than a relation. I guess we're all free to decide.

She only went to the room with McDonald, McDonald invited Evans to join them, other 'players'/people were also involved in the incident but not in the sexual activities

They say she was too drunk to consent, so they were both  guilty. They cannot have it both ways. If she wasn't too drunk they are both innocent, if she was too drunk they are both guilty. 

They say she was too drunk to consent, so they were both guilty. They cannot have it both ways. If she wasn't too drunk they are both innocent, if she was too drunk they are both guilty.

Perhaps she agreed to go back to the hotel with the first man and have sex, Didnt he text Ched to tell him to come along?

Archived