Ched Evans

For ever htfc.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypothetically speaking - Evans gets his conviction overturned - Will everyone who has vilified him over the past few years stand up and apologise and do their best to find him a new club?

Miscarages of justice happen. He may get his conviction over turned but actually be guilty. He might also not get it overturned and also be innocent.

The only peope who know without doubt seem to be the three in the hotel room - and two say it wasnt rape and the other says she cant remember, although happy to take a big pay out.

For me Im not convinced of his guilt, regardless of what the judge has come to. I am sure others will have doubts on his innocence if he gets his bid overturned. However should he win his appeal and be seen as innocent those that have made his life hell with abuse have to man up and apologise in my opinion.

Everyone knows 99% of the time sexism and racism only work one way round, let's be honest chaps.

very very true

Opinions are like @rse holes, everybody has one.

like corsa´s

Hypothetically speaking - Evans gets his conviction overturned - Will everyone who has vilified him over the past few years stand up and apologise and do their best to find him a new club?

Miscarages of justice happen. He may get his conviction over turned but actually be guilty. He might also not get it overturned and also be innocent.

The only peope who know without doubt seem to be the three in the hotel room - and two say it wasnt rape and the other says she cant remember, although happy to take a big pay out.

For me Im not convinced of his guilt, regardless of what the judge has come to. I am sure others will have doubts on his innocence if he gets his bid overturned. However should he win his appeal and be seen as innocent those that have made his life hell with abuse have to man up and apologise in my opinion.

Have not made his life hell it´s his total behaviour I find distasteful 

Which seems to be based on the fact that she is female and he is male... or am I missing something?

Based on what I have seen & read Guilty or not guilty is for someone else to decide but I can still have an opinion on how someone behaves

I believe Prestorious should have gone to prison for 50 years but he did not.

Have not made his life hell it´s his total behaviour I find distasteful 

What about her behaviour?

Took drugs, squatted and p1ssed in a doorway, went back to a hotel with a man she just met. Sent tweets to friends that she later denied doing, deleted her accounts hoping to erase them only later to be proved a liar.

Behaviour Steve?

Took drugs, squatted and p1ssed in a doorway, went back to a hotel with a man she just met. Sent tweets to friends that she later denied doing, deleted her accounts hoping to erase them only later to be proved a liar.

Behaviour Steve?

Where does one go to find these quality women?

Behaviour Steve?

By lowering her reputation Trev you are only strengthening my opinion of him, he knew exactly what he was going to do regardless of consent or otherwise

Old haunts, fair enough but not nowadays. The Bull isn't the same anymore and neither is my prowess. Brewers droop won in the end.

now thats a blast from the past the Bull........we possibly where in there at the same time (depending on age)

By lowering her reputation Trev you are only strengthening my opinion of him, he knew exactly what he was going to do regardless of consent or otherwise

I am not lowering her reputation, just quoting the facts, she is solely responsible for her own reputation.

If anything, men have to be protected from women like her.

Tell me Steve, what do you think the woman in question was doing going back to a hotel room with a couple of footballers late at night? Was she going there for a game of tiddlywinks?

I feel she knew what she was doing, as did Evans and the other player and then in the morning she regretted it or/and saw pound signs.

The biggest alarm bell to me is that she says she can not recall if she consented or not, while the other two in the room said she did. Evans is in the wrong for cheating on his girlfriend and deserves stick for that, but he has been vilified as some sort of sex predator rapist because the accuser can't recall exactly what went on.

For me when you think of someone being raped you get a mental picture of someone being dragged into an ally or woods, where a violent attack takes place. Not going back to someones hotel room and having drunken sex that you regret in the morning. I think its quite possible if all three were stone cold sober then they may all have said no and nothing would have happened, but after a few drinks it seemed a good idea, everyone was up for it, but then in the cold light of day regret/shame/greed takes over.

For me when you think of someone being raped you get a mental picture of someone being dragged into an ally or woods, where a violent attack takes place. Not going back to someones hotel room and having drunken sex that you regret in the morning. I think its quite possible if all three were stone cold sober then they may all have said no and nothing would have happened, but after a few drinks it seemed a good idea, everyone was up for it, but then in the cold light of day regret/shame/greed takes over.

Agree

Tell me Steve, what do you think the woman in question was doing going back to a hotel room with a couple of footballers late at night? Was she going there for a game of tiddlywinks?

I feel she knew what she was doing, as did Evans and the other player and then in the morning she regretted it or/and saw pound signs.

The biggest alarm bell to me is that she says she can not recall if she consented or not, while the other two in the room said she did. Evans is in the wrong for cheating on his girlfriend and deserves stick for that, but he has been vilified as some sort of sex predator rapist because the accuser can't recall exactly what went on.

2 wrongs do not make it right........... Jimmy Saville did not drag children or adult women down alleyways they where starry eyed, he did not beat them he raped them. The ladies put themselves in his room (obviously not the children) same with Max Clifford. They abused their status

2 wrongs do not make it right........... Jimmy Saville did not drag children or adult women down alleyways they where starry eyed, he did not beat them he raped them. The ladies put themselves in his room (obviously not the children) same with Max Clifford. They abused their status

I think this is where the media circus and witch hunt has come in to play here. To even compare what the utter scum like Saville has done to a questionable potential incident after a few drinks too many in a hotel room is way overboard. You are basically saying that people who systematically over a period of time exploited their fame to get to some of the most vulnerable members of society (and in some cases kids) and Ched Evans is the same kind of thing.

There are so many grey areas in the Ched case. Its not a black and white issue of innocence or guilt like in the case of Saville - nor is it systematic either.

I don't agree with Evans conduct and behaviour on the night, but I don't think, having read his site, read what has been put in the media, plus listened to all points of views and sides to the argument he is a rapist. I think he is a cheat and a bit of a prick and a sleaze, but that is as far as I would go. 

To be controversial I think we should offer Evans an opportunity to play at FC Halifax. The expectation would be that he is not involved in any pre match or post match interviews. We do not sell any shirts with his name on and he is not involved in any publicity / sponsorship /charity or coaching of young players.

In order to sign I would expect that BOD contact our sponsors before hand and sound them out. Given his father in law has offered to pay towards the cost of sponsorship losses this may not be a financially stupid idea. The lad lives close by and we are not high profile enough to make it a big thing.

Aspin is a proven manager of difficult players and providing Evans is strong enough to handle the abuse he will get then I think it could work. Once he starts playing the furore will die down. I do not condone anything he has done, however he has served his time and deserves the opportunity to make something of his life.

One final condition would be that he does not engage in any further publicity of his own, he takes down his own website and allows the CCRC to review the new evidence and makes it decision in the time it has indicated that it would.

Thoughts????

To be controversial I think we should offer Evans an opportunity to play at FC Halifax. The expectation would be that he is not involved in any pre match or post match interviews. We do not sell any shirts with his name on and he is not involved in any publicity / sponsorship /charity or coaching of young players.

In order to sign I would expect that BOD contact our sponsors before hand and sound them out. Given his father in law has offered to pay towards the cost of sponsorship losses this may not be a financially stupid idea. The lad lives close by and we are not high profile enough to make it a big thing.

Aspin is a proven manager of difficult players and providing Evans is strong enough to handle the abuse he will get then I think it could work. Once he starts playing the furore will die down. I do not condone anything he has done, however he has served his time and deserves the opportunity to make something of his life.

One final condition would be that he does not engage in any further publicity of his own, he takes down his own website and allows the CCRC to review the new evidence and makes it decision in the time it has indicated that it would.

Thoughts????

I'd never set foot in the Shay again.

Archived