New Years Day

townmad

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An absolute joke of a decision. Sorry, Mr Bosomworth, where is your loyalty to your own fans? Perhaps it's time now the fans got together and protested to remind the board just who this club belongs to. 

Agreed, surely there's more we can do than grumble into an echo chamber here.

1979, walsall at the shay in fa cup on christmas eve with a tie against man city up for grabs, huddersfield town at the shay on boxing day, don't think it crossed anybody's mind to ask for a postponement. 

Not forgetting the home game with Peterborough on the 28th.  The most exciting period in my time supporting the club. I'm sure if the board back then had been asked to postpone one of the most lucrative days in the soccer calendar, they would have politely declined. Or in case of Andrew Delaney, he'd have told them to do one. I can't understand our current board, alienating the fans at every given opportunity. Baffling, and no word of explanation. Sure, a financial backhander has undoubtedly taken place, but it's the fans who miss out. Disgrace. The club should not only offer an explanation, but a full written apology.  

It's times like this when you realise how out of touch this board is with the fans. They know how to run a business but Jesus they sure know how to alienate and well and truly pi$$ off the fans.

They wouldn't give a toss about losing a fixture the fans look forward to but they would care about the financial implications. Makes me think they must have come to some sort of financial agreement. Or are they completely wet behind the ears?

They know how to run a business

Which makes me think there must surely be a reason we've agreed to it? (Not that we'd hear it.)

It makes absolutely zero sense not just for the fans but for the board? It isn't even like this is a move that shafts the fans but benefits them. It literally benefits nobody but Gateshead? Why on Earth would any representative of our club agree to this if that was the case? 

Any financial package had to include the following

1) lost revenue

2) pissing the fans off

3) more games for the players

Better have been a good package that's for sure

Unless they've offered a ridiculous amount which I doubt they will have, the answer is a simple no: traditional festive fixture which the fans look forward to, bumper gate and a good chance to gain an advantage on a playoff rival.

Not that we'll find out, we'll continue to be told there's a free trial for Shaymen player and it's buy an umbrella get a mug free on the online shop.

This is the most unprofessional decision ever made by a Director of Halifax Town. I have followed the club for 55 years. Gateshead opponents WBA are playing on NYD, why are we giving them hand. I think its time for changes at Town at the top.

Spot on Bernie, change your mind quickly Mr Bosomworth or walk.

It's times like this when you realise how out of touch this board is with the fans. They know how to run a business but Jesus they sure know how to alienate and well and truly pi$$ off the fans.

They wouldn't give a toss about losing a fixture the fans look forward to but they would care about the financial implications. Makes me think they must have come to some sort of financial agreement. Or are they completely wet behind the ears?

That's a load of bollocks is that, if they knew how to run a business they wouldn't be giving up gate receipts from a close to 2k crowd in favour of gate receipts of 1k tops on a Tuesday night in February.

in fact its frightening how little knowledge they have on how to run a business, up till recently they didn't sell merchandise, the board on the main road could have last months game on it and they wouldn't notice, they don't include the fans in anything or explain there decisions.

they also seem to have a distinct lack of knowledge of how to use a situation to there advantage, did Grimsby care less when we wanted the game back a day did they balls, and they got the 3 points and there decision was justified, with that in mind i would have thought the board would have thought slightly harder about it and thought well if no one else helps us why should we help them. 

i'm seriously considering ringing the club up myself and demanding to speak to the man.

This has seriously pissed me off, its baffling beyond belief, there isn't a single thing i can think of that would benefit us by doing this.

plus if we have bad weather or a cup run, then we are back to playing 4 games a week again, we may end up having to throw the cup because we just can't afford more postponed games.

so no they consistently show a frighteningly low amount of business sense! 

Gateshead FC wish to thank FC Halifax Town for their cooperation in helping avoid the need to have two such important away fixtures just 48 hours apart.

I don't think I have ever been so taken aback by a decision in all my years of following Halifax Town.

It will be interesting to see if the BOD issue a statement giving a full explanation as to their reasons for agreeing to this. Not to do so would merely confirm the contempt in which we are held.

Time for me to curtail my support until I see a change in the attitude of our BOD.

A disgrace! I will not go to Gateshead now on Boxing Day and I will not go to the rearranged game, the board have given them- gateshead a push along the way in there quest for promotion and a real good go in fa cup- FCHT directors- if you are reading this forum- well you have proved again you do not care about the fans. You run the club as a joke! By mid jan we will be now in the bottom half of the table. I had ten family and friends attending nyd. Not now- what a bloody circus we watch and follow. Aspin get out soon they are ruining the teams chances of any play off position!

I can't see why, if the game must be postponed that the fixtures cannot be reversed and play at the Shay Boxing Day, that way they get their day off and we get our bank holiday home fixture, as it is we help them out with the fixture but they still get their big payday on Boxing Day. Wrexham and Southport have postponed but they are playing each other. I wonder if their request was what prompted Gateshead to make the request.I think on the whole the board have done well but if they have agreed this without pressure being put on them by the conference after what happened with Grimsby then there is no defence.

Archived