New Years Day

townmad

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even going to thid game and i am utterly pissed off about it. If the conference are not forcing us then it should have been a big no. We recieve no favours from other clubs in this division....ever so why we are offering the white dove is beyond belief.

If this is true you wonder whats the point of supporting our club when fans have made arrangments well in advance so I hope they don't moan when the 880 turn up on a tues night in feb,like to know what the reason is in prog sat or will that be another well kept secret.

They certainly know how to p*** the fans off!!

Ive spent all week sorting shift paterns out for the Xmas and New Year period, as well as making travel and other arrangements.

Times like this I wonder why I bother. The club have not given the fans a single thought in this. Why should people turn up to watch this club when the idiots in charge continually do things to piss us off and make our task of success harder.

There is simply no reason to agree to call the game off as it is of no benefit to us. In fact its the opposite - we lose money and the rearranged fixture will have them fully focused on our game.

Stupid. Well done BOD.

Ive spent all week sorting shift paterns out for the Xmas and New Year period, as well as making travel and other arrangements.

Times like this I wonder why I bother. The club have not given the fans a single thought in this. Why should people turn up to watch this club when the idiots in charge continually do things to piss us off and make our task of success harder.

There is simply no reason to agree to call the game off as it is of no benefit to us. In fact its the opposite - we lose money and the rearranged fixture will have them fully focused on our game.

Stupid. Well done BOD.

100% spot on.

Given this sudden charitable giveaway, are we going to look forward to the BoD giving reduced prices to youngsters soon?

Not to jump the gun as well, but is anybody considering a boycott of the rearranged fixture?

Can see why you'd consider a boycott, but it's not the players fault

Dont think ive ever known not going to the Shay either on NYD or Boxing day.

Baffling on all fronts.

At least the holiday period w'ont we as difficult as you predicted now..

Maybe a financial arrangement took place,but it's hard to beleive it

would be in xs of the 10k we will probably lose.

I can see why the BOD might want to appear willing to 'help out' in the context of assisting a fellow Conference club in their upcoming FA Cup fixtures, but surely the #1 priority must always be FCHT? I can't see how this benefits the club in any way whatsoever. Significant loss of gate revenue, missed opportunity to play a play-off rival when their eye might be off the ball a bit (hence why I was very suspicious about Worcester), a third league game shafted because of another team's cup run, which we will have to fit into an increasingly difficult schedule later - which is stunning bad luck for us the way the fixtures have panned out, by the way - all for the sake of a modicum of goodwill and the (probably forlorn) hope that other teams might do the same for us - which I wouldn't expect if the roles were reversed. Very, very poor indeed. EDIT - Unless there's more to this than meets the eye - in which case it'd better be bloody good! (Maybe Gateshead offered to fit our club shop out...)

Also, I've never seen this board in such unanimous agreement either!  :D

What about the Prawn Sarni section? Surely a good fair number booked?

WTF is going on.

Some communication would be nice.

Our friends at FAX today have had an xmas message from the chairman, a well publised hospital visit and the announcment of a TV station and its closed season for them!!

What do we get, right in the middle of our season...........................one of our best days out at the Shay all season...................Canceled.

Merry Xmas David.

Its perfectly o.k. for teams to play league games at xmas in the past so close together but not FA Cup matches -WHY?

Have they introduced new rules we don't know about.

Yep, as far as I'm aware all clubs are given two games in three days three times a season by the fixture man alone. August bank holiday, Easter bank holiday, and Boxing Day/28th. I don't care if Goatshed are in the Champions League, there should be no concessions when it's already acceptable for league fixtures.

An announcement by the board before this going public may have gone some way towards appeasing the fans but as usual the silence is deafening. Would expect GHead to have offered us£10.000i in step aside money to make this happen ??

Its perfectly o.k. for teams to play league games at xmas in the past so close together but not FA Cup matches -WHY?

Have they introduced new rules we don't know about.

1979, wallsall at the shay in fa cup on christmas eve with a tie against man city up for grabs, huddersfield town at the shay on boxing day, don't think it crossed anybody's mind to ask for a postponement.  this gateshead request was a perfect opportunity to piss off a league rival in exactly the same way we've been pissed off time after time by the rest in this league. i am going to assume we'll be receiving a handsome sum in compensation for the revenue that will be lost in switching the game from a bank holiday afternoon to a tuesday night in the middle of nowhere..............should have been given a simple "not our problem".

Archived