New Years Day

townmad

Conference minute 365789z.

Missed the capital Q off the end DJ

so you think £700k will pay for a training ground, full time wages for a squad of players, backroom staff and extra office staff not to mention an increase in ground rent, whilst leaving an average gate of 16/1700 to sustain this club through a season. If we were to survive a season in League 2 then either admissions would need to rise by another 30% or the BOD would need to put their hands in their pockets to keep us afloat. 

A bit realistic Shaymen2008 for on here but true

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you think £700k will pay for a training ground, full time wages for a squad of players, backroom staff and extra office staff not to mention an increase in ground rent, whilst leaving an average gate of 16/1700 to sustain this club through a season. If we were to survive a season in League 2 then either admissions would need to rise by another 30% or the BOD would need to put their hands in their pockets to keep us afloat. 

take out the training ground, for which separate funds are already earmarked (if you're as abreast with bosomworth's pronouncements as you pretend to be, you would have known this), and £700k should go a long way towards covering the rest.

Never had a proper training ground which we could call our own, and as to the rest we might as well just pack up then.

Savile Park has all the necessary amenities - lush grass, cafe and sweet shop.

Don't forget the words of the great one himself Sir Geoff Horsfield when he swopped the moor for the Kings Rd " It was great not having to pick up the iron bars and clean up the dog sh1t before starting the session " 

take out the training ground, for which separate funds are already earmarked (if you're as abreast with bosomworth's pronouncements as you pretend to be, you would have known this), and £700k should go a long way towards covering the rest.

But how far is the question?

How much do Accrington stand to loose this financial year with their current avarage of 1480, excepting any cup run revenue or players sales which cannot be guaranteed?

First thing - promotion to the football league gives an extra 800K Per year in funding, not 700K.

With promotion we also swap the FA Trophy for the League Cup and the WRCC for the LDV. We also get a regular weekly spot on a highlight programme on the beeb (soon to be C5) with the money coming from that too.

Its not just a case of paying for a full time squad with no loss - as we would lose the cost of the current part time squad. Yes, it would cost more, but with 800K a year funding that would give us a wage budget of £15,300 a week to spend - assuming we were not going to use any other income other than the funding alone. If a L2 football team can not survive on that sort of weekly budget then something isn't right.

The funding is extra resource that is given to every club which we currently don't get. It would thus be logical to assume that our current revenue streams would increase (more exciting games, so crowds will keep up), with potentially big games in the club easier to get to too - and as our current revenue streams are more than enough to pay all our bills AND the cost of a part time team then I can't see how anyone could argue the fact that we couldn't cope or would post a financial loss in the league.

The key thing I want to know however is this -

When the old club was in its last few months and our current BOD were looking to take over, their vision was that they could keep us in the Conference and keep us as a full time outfit while getting us out of the sticky stuff with the debt. Why now, 6 years later, with the 2M+ debt written off can the club not be run as a full time outfit - were the directors sums and plans originally all smoke and mirrors or incorrect?

Not a criticism, but an observation. I would be interested to know how much difference running costs are for the lowest paying full time teams and the best paying part time teams. I know part time teams only pay something like 40 weeks of the year to players compared to a full time player getting paid all year round, but other than that I would imagine that the best part timers could command a wage better than the average full time players - and a lot more than your run of the mill youth academy player who boosts many squads lower down the pyramid.

Classic moody.

i knew that would go down well, but are you denying the essential truth of it? my main memories of our former years as a league club are of learning to hesitate before turning to the sports pages, lest there was yet another story about the latest financial shenanigans at the shay. i think we can forget about that particular concern under this board. unless of course you think otherwise........ which is your privilidge......

I think our board are very good with dealing with the money that they get and make the money do the most it can for us.

I do however feel that our board miss plenty of opportunity's to tap into new markets and fans to generate additional income that could really push this club on to the next level.

The key thing I want to know however is this -

When the old club was in its last few months and our current BOD were looking to take over, their vision was that they could keep us in the Conference and keep us as a full time outfit while getting us out of the sticky stuff with the debt. Why now, 6 years later, with the 2M+ debt written off can the club not be run as a full time outfit - were the directors sums and plans originally all smoke and mirrors or incorrect?

Not a criticism, but an observation. I would be interested to know how much difference running costs are for the lowest paying full time teams and the best paying part time teams. I know part time teams only pay something like 40 weeks of the year to players compared to a full time player getting paid all year round, but other than that I would imagine that the best part timers could command a wage better than the average full time players - and a lot more than your run of the mill youth academy player who boosts many squads lower down the pyramid.

I'd guess there's a couple of issues.

Firstly at this level it makes more sense to have the best of the part time players, while having a wage structure that allows us to also pay young players who've been professionals and dropped out of the league a wage that, while officially part time, means they don't need to get another job at the moment if they don't want to.

Secondly, it's a lot easier to stay part time than it is to move from full time to part time. Maybe it's a sense of pride, maybe there's more to it but coming up into this league and remaining part time (at least for a few seasons) feels right. Staying in this league and taking the decision to go to part time from full time just would feel like a backward step somehow.

as i keep saying, what ever the subsidy is, it will be worth double in bosomworths hands, he'd make every penny count.....

In that case why doesn't he get outside investment of a million pounds, double it, spend a million getting us promoted, return the million borrowed, qualifying for the £800K pa extra income -simples

In that case why doesn't he get outside investment of a million pounds, double it, spend a million getting us promoted, return the million borrowed, qualifying for the £800K pa extra income -simples

Promote Vinny to the board.................................but agree with Flea

I think our board are very good with dealing with the money that they get and make the money do the most it can for us.

I do however feel that our board miss plenty of opportunity's to tap into new markets and fans to generate additional income that could really push this club on to the next level.

LMFAO.I think the board are very good at bringing money in and making excuses for not spending any of it.

Archived