New Years Day

townmad

If it has been done what gives Mr B the right to sell off a fixture? It would be like ITV buying off the BBC to put the Strictly final on at 4am on Tuesday morning, spoils the integrity of the competition (the Conference)

Agreed but one or two seem to suggest that a secret deal would justify it! F'sake, even if it's part of a "good" player deal that would smack of corruption.

All the same, the lack of reasoning behind this is diabolical.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't make 'em like they used to.

Wallsall at home on xmas eve in FA Cup, Huddersfield home on Boxing day in the league, hell for leather in both games and was victorious in both.

Two great matches, I mentioned the Xmas Eve match the other day to football fans in Liverpool and they couldn't believe it!

Agreed but one or two seem to suggest that a secret deal would justify it! F'sake, even if it's part of a "good" player deal that would smack of corruption.

All the same, the lack of reasoning behind this is diabolical.

I also agree that a deal can't be done either covertly or overtly so it seems a plain and simple lack of bottle from the City BOD

Two great matches, I mentioned the Xmas Eve match the other day to football fans in Liverpool and they couldn't believe it!

I also agree that a deal can't be done either covertly or overtly so it seems a plain and simple lack of bottle from the City BOD

Two bumper gates too. Over 16,000 in all if I remember correctly.

1979-80

From Meynell Bible

Dec 15 Walsall away 1-1-cup

Dec 18 Walsall home 1-1 plus extra time-first replay

Dec 21 Scunthorpe away 0-1

Dec 24 Walsall home 2-0 plus extra time second replay 6,530 on xmas eve as well

Dec 26 Huddersfield home 2-1

Dec 29 Peterborough  home 0-0

Jan 5 Man City  home 1-0 

The good old days

I can't believe this. The club I love doesn't give a sh1t about me.  I know I'm  only repeating what other have said on here already. I was really looking forward to the festive matches as I do every year. I'm now so pi$$ed off i don't feel like going down the Shay ever again. I know I will, but I'm not going on saturday and I won't go to Gateshead on boxing day. 

Please Mr Bosomworth give an explanation for this.  My Grandsons xmas present is to be mascot down the Shay the whole family are coming Town are getting over £450 off me for this, if I wasn't doing this then it would be the £17 my son paid (I have a season ticket).

I gave the family two dates for this either Chester on the 28th or Gateshead on the 1st, fortunately we chose the 28th otherwise I would be trying to explain to a distraught child why his xmas present from isn't happening.  Reading the posts on this forum I'm sure a lot of other fans taken a lot of trouble to attend this game we are at least owed an explanation.

Please Mr Bosomworth give an explanation for this.  My Grandsons xmas present is to be mascot down the Shay the whole family are coming Town are getting over £450 off me for this, if I wasn't doing this then it would be the £17 my son paid (I have a season ticket).

I gave the family two dates for this either Chester on the 28th or Gateshead on the 1st, fortunately we chose the 28th otherwise I would be trying to explain to a distraught child why his xmas present from isn't happening.  Reading the posts on this forum I'm sure a lot of other fans taken a lot of trouble to attend this game we are at least owed an explanation.

the club are trying to tell us they were forced into it by the Conference.

Until ive heard same from said Conference I wont beleive it.

the club are trying to tell us they were forced into it by the Conference.

Until ive heard same from said Conference I wont beleive it.

To be fair, even if this is the truth it's not like the Conference hierarchy would admit to it, as it would make them appear incredibly unprofessional as well. Either way, it's a shambles from which nobody comes out with any credit whatsoever.

To be fair, even if this is the truth it's not like the Conference hierarchy would admit to it, as it would make them appear incredibly unprofessional as well. Either way, it's a shambles from which nobody comes out with any credit whatsoever.

appear incredibly unprofessional

THEY ARE UNPROFESSIONAL.........

All is quiet on New Years Day

Under a blood red sky
A crowd has gathered in blue and white
Arms entwined, the chosen few
The newspapers says, says
Say it's true it's true...no game versus Heed today.

I want to be at the Shay on New Years Day.

Would be tempting to make a cheeky Half Time music request for Chester match!

I can't believe this. The club I love doesn't give a sh1t about me.  I know I'm  only repeating what other have said on here already. I was really looking forward to the festive matches as I do every year. I'm now so pi$$ed off i don't feel like going down the Shay ever again. I know I will, but I'm not going on saturday and I won't go to Gateshead on boxing day.

Lol , a bit over the top that , all will be forgiven when we are again in the mix come April .

Archived