New Years Day

townmad

We have been told we can't play and there is nothing we can do about it,I know let plan B take over the running of the club with the help of Mr v and see where we end up. All we can do is go to the Shay on saturday and support the club we love

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really disappointing news. With none of the other West Yorkshire teams playing that day, we could have attracted a bumper crowd. The rearranged fixture will struggle to attract a four figure crowd.

Don't know if this has been asked but is there no one else we could reschedule a match against on that day? 

This decision will be even more annoying if we suffer from another fixture backlog at the end of the season. 

Absolute and utter disgrace. No excusing it.

But V claiming that everyone that hasn't wanted them out 'deserves this and asks for it' is utter shite and out of order.

You talk like your leading a revolution, when in fact you just rant on a message board and have done absolutely nothing. So really V you've been bent over like the rest of us.

Tha can't take the truth can thee

We have been told we can't play and there is nothing we can do about it,I know let plan B take over the running of the club with the help of Mr v and see where we end up. All we can do is go to the Shay on saturday and support the club we love

Tha can't take the truth can thee

Can't help but think the over-reaction is reaching absorb levels! The time to protest was about 5 years ago. Not sure the board's attempt to be sporting - however misguided - justifies a boycott.

I disagree. It's a combination of many little things over the years which have affected the average fan.

Have you heard of the BOHICA principle?

if the club have agreed to the postponement i think it's a poor decision, but let's keep a sense of proportion. 12 pages, for crying out loud!! as ever, it's brought out the  same old same olds with the same old boring agenda. i think one or two must have got through a box of tissues in the last 24 hours, and i don't mean to suggest they've spent it crying. this thread is a watershed for me, i now actually hope the board do walk away, because you're an embarrassment, then you can go back into your comfort zones of being a shambolic laughing stock, like we were for the last 40 years of the old club. i can only think you must have enjoyed  it. if that means any of you get your hands on the club though, i won't be hanging around to watch the car crash. 40 years supporting a shambolic laughing stock is enough for me thanks.

Just been viewing this thread from afar, and i have to say i agree with 99% of what has been said. It's a poor, baffling decision, but one that has been taken for a reason by our BOD. There must be a valid reason, our BOD don't do anything for zero gain. The club appears to get nothing out of this decision, but lets wait and see,

maybe we have an agreement on one of their players that hinged on our decision to postpone the game, maybe the FA 'leaned' on us to 'do the right thing' after our FGR fine.

I don't know, but i feel that the reason for this decision will come out in the near future and it will probably look a good decision in the long term.

Archived