New Years Day

townmad

Looks like our New Years Day game against Gateshead is off because of their F.A .Cup game the following weekend. Traditionally one of the big paydays will be gone. Town should be saying they will swap the fixtures round and play them at home boxing day and play away  on a week night in January. :angry:

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So our away game against Grimsby couldnt be called off 48 hours after the Bradford game, but Gateshead have the game called off as they play 48 hours later?

I assume our club have agreed to this - as if not then its disgusting. Honestly Im disapointed. We have lost a good pay day date as well as a chance to play Gateshead when they will be thinking of the cup.

If our club have agreed to this then its a balls up and a smack in the face to the fans. If the club have been forced into it then the Conference are a disgrace after making us play in similar circumstances earlier this season.

No game NYD, No game 4th, no league game 10th! Jeez, if we win a couple of trophy games we will be playing 4 games a week.

No way should we be giving a fellow play off contender an advantage!

Joke of a decision.

1,800 on NYD against a team pre occupied by a cup game or 1100 on a Tuesday night when the full time team have probably traveled down the day before?

I'm no expert but i don't understand.

I have to add on to my previous post. Seeing our BoD bend over backwards for this is doubly disgraceful. Money-wise it's like insisting on giving away Marc Roberts for free in the next transfer window. Fan-wise it's stopping the best part of 1,000 get to a game easily. Point-wise it plays into rivals' hands. Player-wise it contributes to a burgeoning backlog of post-winter fixtures to tire us out over our playoff push. Money under the desk or clueless altruism?

News like this makes me wonder why anyone involved with Halifax Town bothers.

#legacy

If we lose at Worcester on Tuesday we will not have a game from the 28th Dec till the 13th Jan, and only one home game between the 28th Dec and the 31st Jan. I really do not understand the decision. If we want to get into the play offs we have to grab any oppertunity possible and playing Gateshead 2 days before their FA Cup game could have been a valuable 3 points come tje end of the season

If this is true you wonder whats the point of supporting our club when fans have made arrangments well in advance so I hope they don't moan when the 880 turn up on a tues night in feb,like to know what the reason is in prog sat or will that be another well kept secret.

Archived