Torquay

Glenners

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this Mr V declaring the season over again?

No just said that it's all about consolidating, looking at the strong parts of our squad and planning where to improve it, the manager is expected to do this whilst at the same time mount a promotion assualt. This squad is a country mile away from promotion and it's time that some fans put there expectations in to some sort of check. Plenty to play for into the second half of the season, just wish we didn't have to have the same old tat spoken on here when we lose a game. We have been edged out to a full time pro team some 300 miles away in what were terrible conditions.

Plenty to look forward to and plenty work to do by the manager and whilst we should be aiming to get as close as possible to the top five and hopefully a trophy run Aspin should use the rest of the season to ensure he ends it knowing exactly what he needs to make us a better side for next season. Work in progress and results will be up and down for the rest of the winter imo.

We did not deserve that.

A draw wouldnt have been a fair result - we were far better than them FACT.

Torquay had two chances in the first half against the run of play and both went in. Dyer missed a sitter first half, Smith unlucky to score, with a few other chances first half for us too. Second half was all us bar two chances that Glennon easily got to. Torquay did nothing but give us the ball back in the second half.

75 away fans too. Great effort.

That's all well& good.End of the day we lost!!Our away form yet again is simply abysmal.

Performance wise tonight was on par with Chester away - that is how dominant we were at times.

I cant put in to words how undeserved the result is.

We scored 3 times at Chester.That's the big difference.

I feel Scott isn't being played to his strengths which is affecting the quality of his performances and it needs sorting before it affects the lad as he is a quality striker

It's been clear since the first game of the season that the recipe isn't quite right for Boden and that's up to the manager to look at ways to get the best out of him, perhaps change the style, but he is expected to achieve this whilst still getting 3 points a week and shopping for players who are either unwanted by fellow standard clubs or looking for gems in the lower leagues. You can't just magic systems and players from thin air, it takes time and a lot of luck. I think Bodens record is good all things considered.

No just said that it's all about consolidating, looking at the strong parts of our squad and planning where to improve it, the manager is expected to do this whilst at the same time mount a promotion assualt. This squad is a country mile away from promotion and it's time that some fans put there expectations in to some sort of check. Plenty to play for into the second half of the season, just wish we didn't have to have the same old tat spoken on here when we lose a game. We have been edged out to a full time pro team some 300 miles away in what were terrible conditions.

Plenty to look forward to and plenty work to do by the manager and whilst we should be aiming to get as close as possible to the top five and hopefully a trophy run Aspin should use the rest of the season to ensure he ends it knowing exactly what he needs to make us a better side for next season. Work in progress and results will be up and down for the rest of the winter imo.

Consolidating?, codswallop, that was one of the excuses last season.

Torquay are obviously little more than average and it sounds like Town were unlucky this time.

There is nothing to fear in this division, nothing whatsoever.

Town have started to play football, hopefully hoof is a thing of the past. The season is not over by a long chalk, promotion is still within our grasp.

The league table speaks volumes, there must be over half of the division with play off hopes.

Lol the hoofing was as prevalent as ever last night according to the Torquay fans!

How could the great season we had last year be described as consolidation? It was a remarkable effort.

We could end up as close to the bottom five as the top if Aspins team ever takes it's eye off the ball in terms of the basic requirements to get results in this league which is being big, ugly and tough.

Your ability to continually underestimate just what a tough league this is for all sorts of reasons never ceases to amaze me.

It is not possible for a club of our size and infrastructure to continually mount promotion after promotion challenge season after season.

Ludicrous expectations.

I am slightly with Trev. We need to push on and its no good having a season of consolidation after a season where we got to the play offs. Unless we are happy to accept that last season was a fluke which would be fair because I think most do appreciate that as a part time club we are punching above our weight. A bit of a contradictory post I know but we need to be ambitious whilst realistic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30410317

Sounds like a man trying to justify himself from the sack if things dont turn around. He fails to mention that we are part time though.

A couple of questions you would have to put to this is. "There a team fancied for promotion", as we keep saying when has a Part time team ever got promoted since teams went full time in the conference. "They've spent money on players".Yes we may have spent money to get some players , but put that against salaries between the 2 clubs and see who spends the most each year on players

Mr V we have pushed for promo for the last 4/5 seasons and we will this, we are short of a couple of players (prefer diamonds from lower league) but we new this at the start of the season. Boden while he is good I do not think he was the right one for us at the time as our team did not suite him, hopefully if we could get the couple of players it would. Do not know what happened with Hatfield last night. Think we need to release Scho and free up his wages. Hopefully things will come together in Jan and we are still in touch with the play off places.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30410317

Sounds like a man trying to justify himself from the sack if things dont turn around. He fails to mention that we are part time though.

A couple of questions you would have to put to this is. "There a team fancied for promotion", as we keep saying when has a Part time team ever got promoted since teams went full time in the conference. "They've spent money on players".Yes we may have spent money to get some players , but put that against salaries between the 2 clubs and see who spends the most each year on players

one of the teams I predicted preseason to struggle...............

Lol the hoofing was as prevalent as ever last night according to the Torquay fans!

How could the great season we had last year be described as consolidation? It was a remarkable effort.

We could end up as close to the bottom five as the top if Aspins team ever takes it's eye off the ball in terms of the basic requirements to get results in this league which is being big, ugly and tough.

Your ability to continually underestimate just what a tough league this is for all sorts of reasons never ceases to amaze me.

It is not possible for a club of our size and infrastructure to continually mount promotion after promotion challenge season after season.

Ludicrous expectations.

I repeat myself. Aspin has targeted promotion/play offs and has told the players that, also he has said to the players that he thinks the league is very average this season, so Mr.V is he underestermating this league?

Yes a choice that ensures the long term future of this football club. The infrastructure in place cannot sustain a full time club. One poor season and we'd have crowds of 800!

I don't think anyone can deny they want the club promoted, we all do. But some of us realise it would be a hell of a task to do that and if we just fall short come May, i don't think many will complain. Dissapointed of course but it won't be the end of the world.

It always then comes back to the same question; how, as a club, do we push on and become a Football League club? Is it possible under the current owners? Do they have the ability (or even desire) to build us further and turn us into a full time club? Desire, I would say yes but after 6 or however many years I am unsure whether they have the ability.

Archived