Torquay

Glenners

Defeatist babble from someone suffering from paranoia.

Better than aggressive rants with no substances from a person suffering from delusions of adequacy.

We are not the best team in this league. Teams can go out and buy a different quality and calibre of player that we can as their budget and their full time status unlocks more doors for them than we have.

What we do have is a good competitive squad that is doing this Town proud and punching above its weight currently. We have a team with very few egos, who play as a unit and give us everything. We also have a manager that calls a spade a spade, knows what he wants and instils good team ethics into the team (bar one game at Welling) - a manager who has won more things at this club than anyone else, who is also consistently on bookies lists for vacant managers jobs. Just a shame he isn't cut out to be good enough for us...

I'm happy in my bubble of paranoia watching this team up and down the country. Win or lose, I'm proud of this team and have no issue backing them. If you are equally happy crying into your computer screen and spending every waking moment disagreeing with everyone but ashy on footballing matters then good for you. It must suck to be you though - something that is as great as what we have got here and all you can do is complain and find negatives to pick at.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than aggressive rants with no substances from a person suffering from delusions of adequacy.

We are not the best team in this league. Teams can go out and buy a different quality and calibre of player that we can as their budget and their full time status unlocks more doors for them than we have.

What we do have is a good competitive squad that is doing this Town proud and punching above its weight currently. We have a team with very few egos, who play as a unit and give us everything.

I'm happy in my bubble of paranoia watching this team up and down the country. Win or lose, I'm proud of this team and have no issue backing them. If you are equally happy crying into your computer screen and spending every waking moment disagreeing with everyone but ashy on footballing matters then good for you. It must suck to be you though - something that is as great as what we have got here and all you can do is complain and find negatives to pick at.

Yet another over emotional rant. Seek help.

There is nothing wrong with expectation! Expectation cannot be misguided as that would be only in the eyes of others and they don't really matter do they.

My philosophy is "Aim high and you hit low" " Aim low and you hit F*ck All".

Agree Archie.

A couple of quotes that fit the bill:

“You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.” 

― Rabindranath Tagore

And one for the Aspinazis:

“Some people aim at nothing in life and hit it with amazing accuracy.” 

― Aman JassalRainbow - the shades of love

Agree Archie.

A couple of quotes that fit the bill:

“You can’t cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.”

Rabindranath Tagore

And one for the Aspinazis:

“Some people aim at nothing in life and hit it with amazing accuracy.”

Aman Jassal, Rainbow - the shades of love

If you expect play-offs then seek help.

If your ambition is 1st-5th then join the club over 99% of everyone.

Anyone know why Ainge was substituted last night?

Tactical, poor performance or injury?

Aspin appeared to be critical of the defence which suggests he may not have been happy with how he played.

Hopefully I won't have to rely on NVK ratings as to the level of his performance!

Aspin appears to rate Bolton so maybe he is due a starting place.

Aspin appeared to be critical of the defence which suggests he may not have been happy with how he played.

Hopefully I won't have to rely on NVK ratings as to the level of his performance!

Badly at fault for killer second goal.

Does make you worry if/when M Robbo goes in Jan. The thought of Aingey / Williams as a pair is pretty worrying! You have pace issues next to a defender that continually fouls people in stupid areas. Williams is a frustration, he has everything but you just cant trust him to get through a game without making gaffs. Ainge is the reverse - does not have everything but can be trusted 100%.

Aingey is a very limited player, he knows it himself but his mistakes on the whole are few and far between and in terms of his passion and playing for the shirt then i would have to chose him over Williams every day of the week.

I think the first port of call should be to put the Tank Matty P in his natural spot of centre back. Him and Aingey would be quite a fearsome pairing.

K.Roberts*Ainge©*Pearson*McManus - the New Year back four?

Ironic isnt it, most have been frustrated at the amount of centre backs in the squad and its possibly an area we will need to improve / strengthen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30410325

Yesterday he was saying that we have paid money for players now he's saying that the chairwoman is having to donate money to keep things on an even keel. So this suggests the club arent living within their means and over spending on players wages. As i said yesterday compare what they spend on players wages and signing on fees etc and what we pay out over a season and you will quickly see who pays the most for players

If you don't get an answer (SLa) didn't either.....it looks like Ainge had a poor match. There's not many people who "dare" to write badly about Ainge. I haven't seen the highlights yet.

Does make you worry if/when M Robbo goes in Jan. The thought of Aingey / Williams as a pair is pretty worrying! You have pace issues next to a defender that continually fouls people in stupid areas. Williams is a frustration, he has everything but you just cant trust him to get through a game without making gaffs. Ainge is the reverse - does not have everything but can be trusted 100%.

Aingey is a very limited player, he knows it himself but his mistakes on the whole are few and far between and in terms of his passion and playing for the shirt then i would have to chose him over Williams every day of the week.

I think the first port of call should be to put the Tank Matty P in his natural spot of centre back. Him and Aingey would be quite a fearsome pairing.

K.Roberts*Ainge©*Pearson*McManus - the New Year back four?

Ironic isnt it, most have been frustrated at the amount of centre backs in the squad and its possibly an area we will need to improve / strengthen.

He can't be trusted to make an effort when he's done a mistake? It's like he don't care. On a number of occations he "runs" like a snail when lost.

If you don't get an answer (SLa) didn't either.....it looks like Ainge had a poor match. There's not many people who "dare" to write badly about Ainge. I haven't seen the highlights yet.

He'd already got one answer, where someone did 'write badly' about Ainge in saying he was at fault. So a pointless post all round.

He'd already got one answer, where someone did 'write badly' about Ainge in saying he was at fault. So a pointless post all round.

And the fact that only 75 people went to the game. Not going to be many people with much to say.

He/SLa didn't get any replies from the likes of Flea & "his family" which wasn't a good sign for Ainge.

And the fact that only 75 people went to the game. Not going to be many people with much to say.

True enough.

Archived