Forest Green Game...

PunterInsight

i have to agree with you, its obvious something has changed with the tactics, as we are now playing the ball on the floor a whole lot more, whereas before we were just smashing it anywhere and hoping, that's a change in tactics.

and i'm glad he's realised that he needed to change it

Error, it's called playing with confidence.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Error, it's called playing with confidence.

So you see no difference in the style of play then?, its obvious we are playing into feet more

Anyway forget about that, great win tonight, needed it, only 1 point off the play offs.

Still think its a joke that we have to go and play Torquay away on a Tuesday night, point would be a great result 

So you see no difference in the style of play then?, its obvious we are playing into feet more

Anyway forget about that, great win tonight, needed it, only 1 point off the play offs.

Still think its a joke that we have to go and play Torquay away on a Tuesday night, point would be a great result

Yes I see a difference. I see players playing with confidence again meaning they are confident enough to play a passing game instead of hit and hope. This win will defo boost confidence and the punch up meant alot more people than usual stayed at the end and the players got a great round of applause.

Hardly know where to begin with a match like that.

At last, an early goal. Well taken, Boden in his element.

Quality first half with plenty of action both sides, low-key compared to what was to come... Felt McManus and Marshall worked well together with McManus probably having more to his game than any other up-field player. A few good Glennon saves, Marc Roberts claiming everything that went his way and probably should've been awarded that goal, with FGR acting pettily and lacklustre. Felt the referee was a bit more frustrating in the first half in fact. He just seemed more quick to blow up other many of the wrong things, and the liners made a few questionable decisions.

The second half etc... wow. We struggled to break through from the start but the coordination in our defense was excellent. Things were fairly balanced until that penalty, with the sending off two minutes later combining to completely flip the match over. They were desperate for the equaliser and continued to push forward well but we held on in classic ugly fashion that y'know, worked. They had plenty of training ground moves and were probably over-rehearsed: kept fluffing their lines and getting upset with each other. In the second half they had several chances that made my stomach jump, mainly that crossbar effort followed by a shot to the right that Glennon dealt with, then the open goal they missed. In the second half I think the closest we got was that Dyer header (I know he's still not scoring but his last two games have been very sound) that was cleared off the line and the Maynard piledriver. We certainly seemed to do things on spur of the moment more than them, but gave most balls a bit of thought. Easy balls instead of long balls sometimes, clever one-twos here and there, Maynard/Peniket not running into danger like they often have been. Our luck we made for ourselves.

Intelligent, full of effort, best I've seen from us all season and easily the most entertaining and memorable! Properly buzzing for the first time in a while. This great little team has founds its legs again.

Can't comment too much on the ruckus. After #15 brought it on and then some it seemed like quite a few were involved. Sad to see us involved in any brawl but FGR were the aggressors here. At least their goalie applauded their fans rather than seeing who he could take out. Imagine being paid a grand or two a week in the non-league and to act like that. Always had a weird soft spot for Forest Green but they're probably the most uniquely awful outfit in our league (players, big spending, franchising plans...). Relishing the fact we've given three of their players match bans. I still worry what a committee review will make of the brawl though; it'd be just our luck if they decided Aspin should be given a touchline ban for his non-involvement.

Wow this is the club that give me a lecture on pc and h's so yes what a great night think anger management might be needed or could be the veggie diet and just like the titanic the south stand kept on singing well done lads respect and we saw teamwork tonight and proud to be a shayman.

What happened to the other appeal from the thugs.

You would know that from Malta via Radio Gloucester would you? Cock.

Yes, I would actually, plus the info from my fellow Shaymen who have a brain, unlike you. Read the posts of other fans you Nerd. 

Tactics have changed, be grateful there are people willing to stick their neck out, put pressure on Aspin to drop the hoofball rubbish that idiots like you crave.

Is it because you are unable to admit I was right yet again?

Tactics have changed, be grateful there are people willing to stick their neck out, put pressure on Aspin to drop the hoofball rubbish that idiots like you crave.

Is it because you are unable to admit I was right yet again?

Trev did you watch the Aspin interview after the Alfreton game? It's almost like he's talking about you. 'I expect to get stick and people asking questions but it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, it's what I think. Nobody needs to tell me but you always get people wanting to stick the knife in. Regardless what people say I always do the job to the best of my ability'

So you're not right, he's not even listened, he already knows. Doesn't even mention tactics either but does mention confidence.

Maybe people should be more patient in waiting for him to change things around after a dip in form instead of putting him on notice and asking questions. He's not daft, he's always got things in hand and one thing we know is he always has a team with good team spirit so a dip in form will never last too long. I cannot ever imagine Aspin losing the dressing room and players not wanting to play for him.

People who follow blindly without question always end up down a blind alley.  People with wisdom advise on the error of judgement and if you are big enough to addmit you may have got it wrong we will all end up going to the promissed land. :P  

Correct, I cannot believe how blind Aspinazis are, their heads are so far up his rear.

Archived