Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PunterInsight

Forest Green Game...

----------------Glennon-------------------------

K Roberts-- Ainge-- M Roberts-- McManus

------------------Hatfield-------------------------

-------Maynard----------- Marshall

------------------Schofield-----------------------

-------------Boden---- Dyer--------------------

The old 4-4-2 'diamond' for a sparkling performace!

----------------Glennon-------------------------

K Roberts-- Ainge-- M Roberts-- McManus

------------------Hatfield-------------------------

-------Maynard----------- Marshall

------------------Schofield-----------------------

-------------Boden---- Dyer--------------------

The old 4-4-2 'diamond' for a sparkling performace!

Surely you would have it Maynard protecting and Hatfield in the middle with Marshy? Personally i would have Jackson and Smith on from the start and get at them but that is not going to happen in a million years.

I reserve the right to get on my moral high horse regarding any subject I have no direct experience or indeed knowledge of. This is the Shaymen forum, after all :D

What is slightly distasteful is this guy pretending to be a fan,  when he's plainly part of a commercial operation.  He should be more honest and if he's going to advertise on here I would have thought he should be paying the Website owners.

Seeing the ball at Boden's feet again reminded me how useful he is and I liked the support he gave Dyer after he moved in from the left in the first half vs Alf, he linked up well with what was behind and in front of him, it was like he was playing behind Dyer at times and he could be very useful there with his quick feet and intelligent play. He gets about alot anyway so I doubt he would leave Dyer isolated on his own, he'd still more or less be a striker and still be getting in the box looking to score himself. Dyer did well last time out aswell and is useful in the air so if he starts I would like to see Smithy start aswell to get the crosses in for him. Then when he inevitably gets subbed you can bring Jacko on and he and Peniket can play on either wing.

------------------Glennon----------------

K. Robbo---Ainge---Robbo---Macca

----------Maynard----Hatfield----------

Smith-----------Boden---------Peniket

-------------------Dyer-------------------

Seeing the ball at Boden's feet again reminded me how useful he is and I liked the support he gave Dyer after he moved in from the left in the first half vs Alf, he linked up well with what was behind and in front of him, it was like he was playing behind Dyer at times and he could be very useful there with his quick feet and intelligent play. He gets about alot anyway so I doubt he would leave Dyer isolated on his own, he'd still more or less be a striker and still be getting in the box looking to score himself. Dyer did well last time out aswell and is useful in the air so if he starts I would like to see Smithy start aswell to get the crosses in for him. Then when he inevitably gets subbed you can bring Jacko on and he and Peniket can play on either wing.

------------------Glennon----------------

K. Robbo---Ainge---Robbo---Macca

----------Maynard----Hatfield----------

Smith-----------Boden---------Peniket

-------------------Dyer-------------------

I like this to be honest. Especially at home - it essentially becomes a 442 going forwards, with Boden slotting back in to midfield when defending. 

love the formation but Aspin will wont drop the undroppable Marshall, even though he knows he would have Hatfield and Maynard in any line up ahead of Marshall - therefore the three of them will be accomodated imo.

love the formation but Aspin will wont drop the undroppable Marshall, even though he knows he would have Hatfield and Maynard in any line up ahead of Marshall - therefore the three of them will be accomodated imo.

A ctitiscm of the manager !!! Or is it the boards fault for allowing the manager to bring Marshall back from Stockport?

Maynard and Hatfield both currently ahead of Marshall.

Agree if you were playing 2 centre mids, but Aspin prefers 3 and Marshall gives natural balance to those other 2

love the formation but Aspin will wont drop the undroppable Marshall, even though he knows he would have Hatfield and Maynard in any line up ahead of Marshall - therefore the three of them will be accomodated imo.

2 in midfield has seen us over run before now (think Woking at home). If we're going to play that formation we need a more midfield minded player to play behind the striker imo.

2 in midfield has seen us over run before now (think Woking at home). If we're going to play that formation we need a more midfield minded player to play behind the striker imo.

bring back Kevin Hulme

Thought my shining diamond formation provided that

My formation is basically what we played alot in the first half of last season where it was the centre midfield 2 of Pearson and Maynard. Boden will do just as much tracking back as Gardner or Wilson did, if not more.

Could even play the diamond like Mr V suggests and have Boden at the top of it behind Dyer and Peniket and keep your Hatfield, Maynard and Marshall 3. That would essentially become 4-3-3 when attacking when Boden gets up with Peniket and Dyer up front.

Problem with playing boden too deep is then restricting him from getting into goalscoring positions.

Danny schofield is about as good a option we have in the squad to play the tip of the diamond imo.

Good start - Cant be there tonight but relieved in a way because the Radio Gloucester team say they were delayed for and hour and three quarters on the M62.

This radio Gloucestershire commentator and his mate are a pain, anyone listening in?

Yes - I think they must be older than me. They keep saying they cant see.