Welling Game

Steve Lanzarote

Makes me smile on here, I do not agree with changing manager yes he has made mistakes this season with poor signings but he will recover, For one we need to keep a settled team as much as possible but we just seem to chop & change. Remember the supposedly best manager UK has ever seen (Furggy) made more mistakes and bad signings than good, he could just cover it up with a massive squad

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am not going to start arguing with you, but for a start you can guarentee the team will include,

You can blast it as a ridiculous comment all you want, 4 wins from 16 does not lie, we play the same formation with the bulk of the same players that are in the team everyweek, with maybe 1 or 2 differences, do those players deserve the shirts, Do Maynard, Pearson and a couple of others still warrant the shirts they get week in week out? probably not but what we do do is drop Boden the best striker at the club because he's unable to link up the play with the constant barrage of long balls we smash at his forehead week in week out.

Results are poor, and Aspin seems reluctant to change it despite everyone else clearly seeing that it is just not working.

Oh we use the bulk of the same players do we? Is that because we have a small squad and only have a select group of players to choose from? I don't understand what you're expecting here I really don't.

This team needs a new attacking option. The goals have dried up , because we are too one dimensional and our attacking play doesn't get the best out of players like Boden and Peniket.

I think Jackson isnt good enough for this league and Dyer has been given enough chances now and hasn't delivered. All the other clubs around us have brought players in. We were unlucky with Gillies, because he is the right type of player. Despite Aspin saying "one player doesn't change a team" , I think we lack as a team a spark. Someone who can put their foot on the ball and create something out of nothing. We rely too much on Smith and teams mark him out of the match, especially away from home. Having another attacking skilful creative player who can score goals will change the whole team.

We need to get back within touching distance of the playoffs before christmas and to do that we need to invest. We need more players capable of scoring on the pitch and we need to get back to playing football and closing teams down quickly.

Kevin Roberts for me has been a fantastic defender, but isn't an attacking threat which has meant Smith is isolated. I want to Bolton back in the team (he came on as sub, but he should start)

Pearson has made the decision for us now with his indiscipline, so for me Schofield (if fit) should come back into Midfield. If not then a back three of Williams, Ainge and Roberts with Macca and Bolton as wingbacks. A new attacking midfielder / striker is a priority. Surely Aspin has been trawling the lower leagues in his extra days at work.

We need to take up the option on Gillies (when he is fit) , but need to add someone else in the meantime. The season isn't over yet, and we all know what can happen if we can manage to stay within touching distance. Priority is to get to 50 points and then kick on.

ShaymenRup..............At last someone who agrees with me JJ is not good enough he is a clone of Marlon from last season also dont worry Matty P will revert back to CH in Jan when Robbo leaves.

Jacksons started only 3 times this season and never in his natural position so in the words of a norwegian...too little to judge. He may well turn out to be 'not good enough' but he should at least be afforded the game time the other misfiring stikers have had first.

Aspin deserves the opportunity to put this right given his success over the years.

If we don't make the play-offs this year so be it. We will not get promoted with a part-time team anyway. Aspin has delivered at least one big game a season and perhaps we've had that already with Bradford. We're not going to go on a promotion push every season in this league. There are full time ex-league clubs which struggle. We need to understand that. Let's not also forget the money Aspin has made over the years through the development of players like Vardy, Gregory and Gardner.

I don't mind seeing the odd mediocre season where we lose a few games. That's par for the course with supporting 99% of teams around the world. Fan's who expect otherwise based on the last 6 years including success in the Dog and Duck League or because we were once a league club 14 years ago need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Times have changed. This league is unrecognisable from the league we won 1998. Many of the teams are ex-league clubs, even more are full time. As for our league pedigree - we were relegated twice and spent most of our time getting re-elected.

We are where we deserve to be, and as high as we ever will be, as a part-time club with crowds of 1500. Aspin got us here in 5 years, delivering great moments and club legends along the way. He does deserve time to put this right but he must show willingness to adapt on the pitch - our style of play or the right players to play his way.

Delighted I took the night off.

Aspin will be a long time sacked, carefull what you wish for.

The one positive is that he has a good relationship with the board, the board respect him for bringing the club to where it is.

The thought of a new manager coming in at this time, working for a BOD that have no vision or plan for the future fills me with dred.

Aspin is the only positive thing about the club. He has work to do so let him get on with it. Even if that means finishing 5th bottom. January is traditionally a poor time to try and make big changes so no wholesale changes for me otherwise he will have to do it all again in the summer.

He will get it right. 3pts from the playoffs.

Keep the faith support the manager - he will be a long time gone.

What we're missing this season is Lee Gregory, simples.  Keep faith with Aspin and we won't have a bad season. Ok, we might not make the play offs, but last season was incredible for us. Finishing in the top half with a part time team is a decent accomplishment, finishing in the top 10 would be very good. Finishing in the play offs would be exceptional. For all the Aspin haters, I respect your opinion that you might want him gone, but ask yourself, who would we realistically bring in who is going to do a better job?

Look am not an all out mob here, i've been a fan of Aspin's for a long time, but for me he just is not proactive enough to change the problems that are evident every week, he's playing a game that we played to Gregory last season but we don't have that type of striker anymore but he keeps persisting with it week in week out, when its obvious that its not working

I've not specifically said he needs sacking by the way i've just said at some other clubs he may well have been, 

He needs to realise that he needs to change it but for some reason he just is not doing. 

Have you ever wondered why no one has seriously followed through on taking him away from us? 

He has tried different formations, 5 at the back is not how we started the season and yesterday saw an improvement with more passing football and started with 4 at the back so he has recognised things need to change. We had a period where we were conceding quite a few so he went 5 at the back to tighten things up but now the goals are drying up and confidence has dropped and he has seen that we need to change things again. Obviously he's trying to get us back to winning ways but he could have done with yesterdays game being at home, Welling away was always going to be hard with our poor form. The strikers need goals and we need a win, 4-3-3 vs Alfreton, more passing football with Peniket-Boden-Jackson up top for me will see a 2-0 win.

For those of you who never went you can get a feel for the game here and your main tactic.

Your fans are at least sensible enough to say the ref gave you everything. You could quite easily have had 3 or 4 red cards but the ref infact gave you free kicks.

Surprised me greatly as you have been one of the best sides i have seen over the last couple of seasons, being able to pass it and go long, excellent at set pieces... Yesterday was just nasty and you tried to stop Welling any way you could rather than try and win.

As much as I agree with some of your points whoever has made that video is a bloody sad bugger haha! Christ, man up.

Ref did make some very strange decisions though in the incidents on that video - none of the folk around me could believe that first one was given as a freekick for us (looked like Pearson could have seen red for it at the time) and when McManus flew in near the corner flag it was sure a hefty challenge from a long way away.

Mind you Beautyman deserved to get booked - maybe not for that 'foul' but as a general booking for the whole team being a bunch of time wasting play acting fannies :)

Delighted I took the night off.

Aspin will be a long time sacked, carefull what you wish for.

The one positive is that he has a good relationship with the board, the board respect him for bringing the club to where it is.

The thought of a new manager coming in at this time, working for a BOD that have no vision or plan for the future fills me with dred.

TOTALLY TOTALLY AGREE.........................

Aspin is the only positive thing about the club. He has work to do so let him get on with it. Even if that means finishing 5th bottom. January is traditionally a poor time to try and make big changes so no wholesale changes for me otherwise he will have to do it all again in the summer.

He will get it right. 3pts from the playoffs.

Keep the faith support the manager - he will be a long time gone.

Archived