Welling Game

Steve Lanzarote

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just pointing out the facts that you were all over this place right up to the time the club went bust, (granted you were mostly demanding the manager at that time was moved on too) and only re-appeared when we arrived back in the conference again. i'm sure it's just co-incidence though.

Coincidence. No hyphen.

the lad bogle from solihull...id go in for him in January..lawlor Guiseley...clee alty...kingsley james chester...a few names id have on my shopping list

Good job we're a MASSIVE club and can just go out and sign whoever we want isn't it? :)

need to get back to the way we were playing earlier in the season, still got the same players we had then - spoke to a director at macclesfield who told me about a conversation he'd had with chester's steve burr, after we'd been there, he said burr told him hlaifax would do well becuase they play the kind of football you need to play to get out of this league.............

That Chester performance was probably the best, most complete performance I can remember under Aspin (albeit Chris Iwelumo was the extent of their attacking). Kept the ball on the floor and had Peniket and Jackson around Boden with Marshall, Pearson and Maynard combining perfectly. Sadly we're so far away from that performance now you wouldn't believe it was the same set of players.

the lad bogle from solihull...id go in for him in January..lawlor Guiseley...clee alty...kingsley james chester...a few names id have on my shopping list

I think 2 of those could very well be with us come January, dependant on other clubs gazumping us ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The notion that because we lost to a team in a relegation spot means it is Aspins fault (as posted above) just shows how little people understand football. Was it the Luton managers fault when we beat them at the Shay last season? Could it also be argued that as Aspin is not a crap manager we are higher than Welling - thus meaning that the pressure on him to secure a win for Halifax against Welling was greater. Had we been 2nd bottom prior to kick off, by that logic would it have been acceptable to have lost to them as they were above us in the table?

You win some game, you lose some games. You either back and support the team or you don't. Its that simple. See you all for the Alfreton game.

Maybe people would take more notice of Trev and Ash if they were able to post positively after good performances or give reflective reviews on what has happened. I've been very critical tonight of Pearson - as what he did was idiotic - but I can still find the positives from todays performance - that's called having perspective and balance. You might want to try it some times - and you might see then that people respect your opinions more.

Or you could try to actually justify your opinions and be open to debate without just spouting the usual crap of "Aspinazis" without any credence.

I'm still waiting for an answer to who the solution to Aspin is btw - just remember that we will have to pay Aspin off, then buy out any contract of another manager, unless they are out of work, while providing him a sizable budget to work with too. People are great pointing to problems, lets here your solutions instead....

Oh yeah, Steve Burr is a great manager. Lets see if we can achieve what his Chester side did last year, that will be a lot better than what we currently have, yeah? Sack the manager that got us promoted into this league and into a playoff for one that spent too much in the North, then helped all but take them back there last year. Master stroke!

Aspon out, Burr in!

Those excuses keep coming, those excuses keep changing.

The buck stops with the manager.

If things do not improve soon it will confirm we have seen the best of him and he is out of his depth.

There is still hope but things are looking bleak.

p.s. When a post becomes vacant the job is advertised, interviews take place, who is thought to be the best applicant is chosen.

Why would you make the job vacant if you could not guarantee a better candidate?

That seems a stupid way to do things unless the person being sacked has done something abhorent or wrong - sitting 11th wouldnt qualify.

At least you have now moved from wanting Blacks out to Town Managers. The NF must be softening.

Why would you make the job vacant if you could not guarantee a better candidate?

That seems a stupid way to do things unless the person being sacked has done something abhorent or wrong - sitting 11th wouldnt qualify.

At least you have now moved from wanting Blacks out to Town Managers. The NF must be softening.

To stop the freefall.

I have not called for his sacking but I am not far from thinking about it.

Blacks out to Town managers?

I think you'd better concentrate on your own families problems mate.  ;)

To stop the freefall.

I have not called for his sacking but I am not far from thinking about it.

Blacks out to Town managers?

I think you'd better concentrate on your own families problems mate.  ;)

You dont think about anything else trev. Its really getting boring, tell me once more about how poor we were at Grmsby again please?

a faultless summary. by the way, does anyone remember seing trevor on here much as we came up through the first couple of leagues? his profile says he re-registered in september 2013. it seems to me he turned his back on the club when the **** hit the fan and he jumped back on the bandwagon once we got back to the conference. the bandwagon has stalled and he's demanding the man who drove it all the way here gets it moving or ships out. i've got a better idea, why doesn't trevor ship out and go back to whatever he was doing in the previous 5 years before came back out from under his rock?

Spot on response to a spot on post.

The people that matter must stay united through this huge slump in form. In 5, 10, 20 years' time it'll more likely than not be a different era for the club, and we more likely than not will be lower than 11th.

Think you'll find a lot of people just get wound up that no matter what happens Aspin still retains his Massiah tag because of his past with us. the past is the past this is the now. 

He sends his teams out to play a direct style of play which we just don't have strikers for but he never seems to learn from that mistake and change the style.

Then sends exactly the same players out every week regardless of form in the same formation, i'd bet every single side in this league could name our starting line up for next weeks game right now.

He can do it at this level as he has proved but for me he is far too a basic and a stubborn person to make it any higher up, unless he finds more strings to his bow and finds a plan b to be able to change things when its not working, he'll never be a manager in the football league.

4 wins in 16 games is it now, partly down to poor form and partly down to the fact that we are so darn predictable in my view.

Any other team he'd have been sacked by now especially the way teams go through managers these days, just shows you the backing he does get 

Ridiculous comment that teams could name our starting xi for next week right now and that Aspin is predictable. Didn't hear a single person suggesting he would drop Boden before the game today and everyone seemed pretty certain McGinty would play and yet he wasn't even in the squad. Oh and Pearson hadn't played the last few games and was brought back into start. Oh and one more - Smith rarely starts away from home but he did today.

So go on then Greggs, pray do tell what the blindingly obvious team, that anyone, simply anyone, could work out, will be for next week?

Ridiculous comment that teams could name our starting xi for next week right now and that Aspin is predictable. Didn't hear a single person suggesting he would drop Boden before the game today and everyone seemed pretty certain McGinty would play and yet he wasn't even in the squad. Oh and Pearson hadn't played the last few games and was brought back into start. Oh and one more - Smith rarely starts away from home but he did today.

So go on then Greggs, pray do tell what the blindingly obvious team, that anyone, simply anyone, could work out, will be for next week?

Am not going to start arguing with you, but for a start you can guarentee the team will include, 

You can blast it as a ridiculous comment all you want, 4 wins from 16 does not lie, we play the same formation with the bulk of the same players that are in the team everyweek, with maybe 1 or 2 differences, do those players deserve the shirts, Do Maynard, Pearson and a couple of others still warrant the shirts they get week in week out? probably not but what we do do is drop Boden the best striker at the club because he's unable to link up the play with the constant barrage of long balls we smash at his forehead week in week out.

Results are poor, and Aspin seems reluctant to change it despite everyone else clearly seeing that it is just not working. 

Look am not an all out mob here, i've been a fan of Aspin's for a long time, but for me he just is not proactive enough to change the problems that are evident every week, he's playing a game that we played to Gregory last season but we don't have that type of striker anymore but he keeps persisting with it week in week out, when its obvious that its not working

I've not specifically said he needs sacking by the way i've just said at some other clubs he may well have been, 

He needs to realise that he needs to change it but for some reason he just is not doing. 

Have you ever wondered why no one has seriously followed through on taking him away from us? 

And if we'd won the last three 'easy' games, we'd be in 2nd place, 5 points behind Barnet and 5 points ahead of 3rd place Macclesfield ( football is such a simple game - can't believe we don't win every game and aren't at the top of the Premier looking down on Chelsea and the Manchester big guns)

Think you'll find a lot of people just get wound up that no matter what happens Aspin still retains his Massiah tag because of his past with us. the past is the past this is the now. 

He sends his teams out to play a direct style of play which we just don't have strikers for but he never seems to learn from that mistake and change the style.

Then sends exactly the same players out every week regardless of form in the same formation, i'd bet every single side in this league could name our starting line up for next weeks game right now.

He can do it at this level as he has proved but for me he is far too a basic and a stubborn person to make it any higher up, unless he finds more strings to his bow and finds a plan b to be able to change things when its not working, he'll never be a manager in the football league.

4 wins in 16 games is it now, partly down to poor form and partly down to the fact that we are so darn predictable in my view.

Any other team he'd have been sacked by now especially the way teams go through managers these days, just shows you the backing he does get 

Well what probably annoys most people who are defending (me at least) him is there are a handful  whom after defeat cannot wait to stick the knife in, the same people are ones who say very little when things are going well . Which brings me to the conclusion they just love a good moan..

I suppose its just a case of having a balanced view,  dont think anyone believes NA is perfect thats surely the case with any manager but on the flip side i fail to accept the over the top criticism of the man based on half a dozen poor results at almost the halfway stage of the season. Its all too easy to question after a bad run and whilst i suppose depending on your mentality it seems the norm you also have to question whats the next step? if you dont see the next step being any better then the initial question no longer is one.

The bottom line for me is if we finish the season where we finish this month it will have been a good season, the question i would ask anyone who thinks we should do better is simply why????   Do you really believe any other manager will come through that door and makes us a great deal better with the tools supplied?..

Those excuses keep coming, those excuses keep changing.

The buck stops with the manager.

If things do not improve soon it will confirm we have seen the best of him and he is out of his depth.

There is still hope but things are looking bleak.

p.s. When a post becomes vacant the job is advertised, interviews take place, who is thought to be the best applicant is chosen.

Here's my considered response to this: you are a complete and utter clown.

Some inspired signings in Jan needed from NA to stop our season falling away. If right players available we need to strengthen in Jan, particularly in midfield. Can we find a creative midfielder to play in to Boden's feet?

We have one called Schofield but NA dosn't like him for some reason,guess all them appearances in the football league meant nowt.

Sorry Billy dont think you was on here beginning of season when I totally disagreed with signing him, out of football for nearly 2 years 33 yrs of age in midfield, I do not think so, I said he would not play much and unfortunately been proven right, also did not agree with JJ very fast nothing else, his career to date at clubs starts well out for injuries whatever never returns the same.

Archived