Welling Game

Steve Lanzarote

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a difference a season can make to a player........Matty,Matty ..................Matty

An accumulation of frustration at being played in the wrong position for 18 months. Matt needs to play at the back.

Dropping Boden, unless injured is a ridiculous decision. Best footballing forward we have seen at the shay for donkeys years.

Aspin will get some clobber tonight. Rebuild in progress, long hard conference winter coming up folks. Wrap up warm.

An accumulation of frustration at being played in the wrong position for 18 months. Matt needs to play at the back.

Dropping Boden, unless injured is a ridiculous decision. Best footballing forward we have seen at the shay for donkeys years.

Aspin will get some clobber tonight. Rebuild in progress, long hard conference winter coming up folks. Wrap up warm.

Absolute catflap about Pearson. He has been after Beautyman all the game, part of the game plan according to some

3 game ban could put Matty down the pecking order

Rightly so.

Charged around all game trying to snap Beautyman in two. Only inept reffing stopped him getting booked in the first half.

He then goes and stamps om Beautyman after Pearson gets away with yet another foul.

It almost feels like he wanted Xmas off.

What a stupid statement about Pearson.He was a rock last season in MIDFIELD!!

He was, he was tremendous but he was never going to be able to carry on getting through game after game with this tank approach. I take my hat of to him, he does what he is told to the best of his ability but he wast brought through the Blackburn Rovers academy and reserves making a dozen Football League apps at the back at the age of 19 to end up kicking lumps out of people in midfield in the conference. He is a loose horse in midfield and has been found out.

For the benefit of his career he needs to play at centre back and if that isn't at the shay he needs to move on to find it.

He was, he was tremendous but he was never going to be able to carry on getting through game after game with this tank approach. I take my hat of to him, he does what he is told to the best of his ability but he wast brought through the Blackburn Rovers academy and reserves to make a dozen Football League apps at the age of 19 to end up kicking lumps out of people in midfield in the conference. He is a loose horse in midfield and has been found out.

For the benefit of his career he needs to play at centre back and if that isn't at the shay he needs to move on to find it.

I think you are correct

What a stupid statement about Pearson.He was a rock last season in MIDFIELD!!

To be fair I can appreciate Mr. V's comment. He was a centre back at Rochdale and a centre back for us initially. It was only because Hogan had come back from injury that he got pushed into midfield. It worked last season but think its just a one off. He has looked poor to average this season.

Archived