Welling Game

Steve Lanzarote

Aspin isn't telling them to hoof it, it's not a policy he has established through want, that's what happens when confidence is low. The players will be working on the basics (passing :)), continue to work on the basics to eliminate the hoofs and the win will come. An Alfreton win will give us a confidence boost and relieve alot of pressure and the football will start to flow as normal again.

It is obvious to all they are under instructions. Roberts & Ainge first look is always long, Glennon always looks long, never looks at the fullbacks, who in any case are never there because as soon as the ball is in Glennons hands they have their backs turned to him. I stress again nothing wrong with a good long ball, Gerrard & Pepe Reinna did it for years under Benitez, but it needs to be put in the right areas, not aimlessly over Bodens head or into touch and also it needs to be mixed up occassionally so to keep the opposition guessing. Every manger in this league know if they can defend the long high ball and set up 2 banks of 4 they have a decent chance of beating us.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is obvious to all they are under instructions. Roberts & Ainge first look is always long, Glennon always looks long, never looks at the fullbacks, who in any case are never there because as soon as the ball is in Glennons hands they have their backs turned to him. I stress again nothing wrong with a good long ball, Gerrard & Pepe Reinna did it for years under Benitez, but it needs to be put in the right areas, not aimlessly over Bodens head or into touch and also it needs to be mixed up occassionally so to keep the opposition guessing. Every manger in this league know if they can defend the long high ball and set up 2 banks of 4 they have a decent chance of beating us.

They are not under instruction to go long. The fullbacks have their back turned to Glennon because their confidence is low, if they received the ball they would probably go long aswell like the rest because their confidence is low. Confidence is everything and when it's low you don't feel like you can take people on or thread a nice pass through, you just go for the easy punt upfield. A win will solve everything, it's a funny game like that.

They are not under instruction to go long. The fullbacks have their back turned to Glennon because their confidence is low, if they received the ball they would probably go long aswell like the rest because their confidence is low. Confidence is everything and when it's low you don't feel like you can take people on or thread a nice pass through, you just go for the easy punt upfield. A win will solve everything, it's a funny game like that.

Iys been the same all season, even when confidence was high with the 5 straight wins (Chester aside)

That facebook page unlike yours which has two members has itself over 400 members.

Having been a Shayman for over 50 years I am familiar with the views of quite a number of others who are fed up with the current style.

Any more questions Mr Positive?

last time i checked it has less members than my page.  i too talk to town fans, i don't know one who thinks aspin is failing. when are you pissing off back to malta?

Iys been the same all season, even when confidence was high with the 5 straight wins (Chester aside)

It wasn't just hoofball then though, it was a mixture, quite direct but it was effective. We will get back to that but for now the hoofball has taken over because of confidence.

Have you heard your sen FFS!! Im sure he is just as concerened, but thankfully he is the manager and he will deal with it in a way that does not include getting his knickers and britches in a twist. If we were in the bottom five I could understand it. The squad we have and the budget set is capable of a mid table finish, anything above that is a bonus. Its now nearly December and we sit 3 points from the play offs. Perfectly perfectly acceptbale with obvious work to do. So lets get on with it. What fuss about nowt.

Jesus - 'keep it on the floor and all out attack'

There is a reason Kevin Keegan never made it as a manager.

IN NEIL WE TRUST

Entertaining sides put bums on seats.So you are happy to watch this dross every week?You are completely deluded if you don't think our style of play this season have altered.Keegan was a good manager.That,s why the English public wanted him as England manager.

what evidence do you have for these many fans you say have placed neil aspin on notice? as far as i have been able to establish, there is you and about half a dozen other plonkers on here and that facebook page that had a link put on here last week. i'm sure aspin has taken on board your concerns and and, as i write, is looking for a way he can appease the great shaytrev of shaymen.net. :shh:

You would still be happy if we got smashed 5-0 every week.The football we are playing at the moment is awful.You can't escape from the fact.

he soon fell out of favour when people realised his teams were winning absolutely bugger all.

What,s any England manager won in the last 48 years?

You would still be happy if we got smashed 5-0 every week.The football we are playing at the moment is awful.You can't escape from the fact.

They are not playing football, that is the point.

The sh1te served up lately belongs in a bygone era along with the thuggery on display at Welling.

What,s any England manager won in the last 48 years?

what did keegan win as a manager at any club?

last time i checked it has less members than my page.  i too talk to town fans, i don't know one who thinks aspin is failing. when are you pissing off back to malta?

Your choice of words are a little bit disturbing Mr Moodyb1 when quite a number of viewers and posters are minors. May i suggest you engage brain before posting please.Thank You  :)

Entertaining sides put bums on seats.So you are happy to watch this dross every week?You are completely deluded if you don't think our style of play this season have altered.Keegan was a good manager.That,s why the English public wanted him as England manager.

Kevin Keegan good manager???!!!

Lmfao..that's been the best I've seen on here for a long time!

Good at quiting that's about it!

And winning teams put bums on seats. Nobody cares how you win, as long as you win.

Your choice of words are a little bit disturbing Mr Moodyb1 when quite a number of viewers and posters are minors. May i suggest you engage brain before posting please.Thank You  :)

your'e right, it was out of order, i apologise (to shaytrev too)

not exactly stunning achievements with clubs the size of newcastle and man city is it? a bit underwhelming, all in all.

Nah, promotion to what is the top tier is nothing really is it?

Throw in 

• Premier League Runner-up: 1995-96, 1996-97, nowt really eh?

Kevin Keegan good manager???!!!

Lmfao..that's been the best I've seen on here for a long time!

Good at quiting that's about it!

And winning teams put bums on seats. Nobody cares how you win, as long as you win.

I repeat. So you are happy to watch this rubbish every week?

Hardly Jurgen Klopp is he.

Warnock better manager by far and away

Klopp doing reall well in the Bundesliga!!

Nah, promotion to what is the top tier is nothing really is it?

Throw in 

• Premier League Runner-up: 1995-96, 1996-97, nowt really eh?

not for clubs that size, no it isn't. city even turned down a civic reception for getting out of league 1. so they should.

I am happy to watch any side managed by Neil Aspin as 99% of the time his team's offer a fast tempo all effort performances and I accept mixed in with that sometimes his team's look very industrial.

Champions

Champions

Play off semi finals

Play off winners

Play off semi finals

currently 3 points from play offs.

All achieved in the Aspin way

Big shoes to fill

Archived