Welling Game

Steve Lanzarote

Agree DJ. The Boden sub v Woking was very telling. He didn't applaud as he came off. Or shake any if the benches hands. Just sat disconsolate in the corner.

Yeah id have done a full lap of honour and then a big Jurgen Klinsman dive infront of the dugouts before kissing Aspins slap head after been brought off 0-3 down at home infront of the live TV cameras.

Players are human. Boden is suffering more than anybody at the moment. Quality player not being involved enough at the right times or in the right areas

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah id have done a full lap of honour and then a big Jurgen Klinsman dive infront of the dugouts before kissing Aspins slap head after been brought off 0-3 down at home infront of the live TV cameras.

Players are human. Boden is suffering more than anybody at the moment. Quality player not being involved enough at the right times or in the right areas

Tbh Mr V it is up to him to get in the right areas and demand the ball...............he actually appears on interviews to be too nice a person (if that is possible)

:D

I really don't know what some of our fans expect sometimes.

We just want a team that exites & entertains.Not this dross we have had to put up with .Most of the season.Keep it on the bloody floor.Simples...

Genuine (and completely theoretical) question: Would you prefer?

a) to bring a massive striker in, continue to play hoofball (like second half of last season) and get to the play offs

b ) play 'exciting and entertaining' football but concede a fair few goals and (like Alty) and finish mid table

We just want a team that exites & entertains.Not this dross we have had to put up with .Most of the season.Keep it on the bloody floor.Simples...

Neil Aspin has produced goals, excitement and entertainment since he took the job 6 years ago and he will do again. 3 Points from the play-offs and people use words like dross - its a disgrace really.

Aspin is in a phase of learning and transistion. Please let him get on with it and support the team through the thin as well as the thick.

Once again, for the clarity of the thickos - the style of play has not altered from last season, the problem is that its not working for reasons x,y and z whch needs putting right..................and he will put it right.

Neil Aspin has produced goals, excitement and entertainment since he took the job 6 years ago and he will do again. 3 Points from the play-offs and people use words like dross - its a disgrace really.

Aspin is in a phase of learning and transistion. Please let him get on with it and support the team through the thin as well as the thick.

Once again, for the clarity of the thickos - the style of play has not altered from last season, the problem is that its not working for reasons x,y and z whch needs putting right..................and he will put it right.

If only you had the same sense of perspective about the board :/

and as Aspin said, we win together and lose together, and he included the supporters in that

don't set him off again, he's got nappies to change  ;)

Perspective?

Apart from a few fur coats and some nice carpet in the Banqueting suite (all of which was laid on by the local authority) then this BOD have done nothing to strengthen the core of the club for the future generations. They have seen opportunity after opportunity pass by and its a phase of opportunity that we have never had before nor will never see again. This combined with the way they cock arsed about for 18 months in the background of the old HTFC, took the club i loved down and then broke promises and stabbed people in the back when creating FCHT. All of it unforgivable in my own opinion and I shall shed no tears when the current custodians of our club depart.

You probably have a differing view - and i respect that.

As for Neil Aspin he has dragged the BOD through and if people think things are tough now, then they should think forward 6 months when we have a new Jim Vince type manager. At least Vince did balance it up by being incomptent on the pitch. Folk should be very carefull what they say and what they ask for when it comes to Aspin.

Said it before and will say it again - he will be a very long time gone.

Perspective?

Apart from a few fur coats and some nice carpet in the Banqueting suite (all of which was laid on by the local authority) then this BOD have done nothing to strengthen the core of the club for the future generations. They have seen opportunity after opportunity pass by and its a phase of opportunity that we have never had before nor will never see again. This combined with the way they cock arsed about for 18 months in the background of the old HTFC, took the club i loved down and then broke promises and stabbed people in the back when creating FCHT. All of it unforgivable in my own opinion and I shall shed no tears when the current custodians of our club depart.

You probably have a differing view - and i respect that.

As for Neil Aspin he has dragged the BOD through and if people think things are tough now, then they should think forward 6 months when we have a new Jim Vince type manager. At least Vince did balance it up by being incomptent on the pitch. Folk should be very carefull what they say and what they ask for when it comes to Aspin.

Said it before and will say it again - he will be a very long time gone.

I repeat nobody has called for Aspins head, just more & more fans concerned about what is happening on the pitch. Infact most people have said he deserves the chance to put it right.

The style of play has altered and I am surprised  some claim it hasn't. This squad are capable of playing football, they have done it on numerous occasions last season and earlier this season.

Aspin for some reason known only unto himself  changed tac when the team were going well. His tactics against poor opposition like Altrincham, a team he should have sent his team all out to attack, were abysmal and everyone I know down The Shay thought the same. His team has allowed poor teams to come and attack them and grow in confidence taking three points away instead of a good trouncing.

This hoofball nonsense belongs to a bygone era, it might work in the pub leagues but it wont work at The Shay in the Conference. Some complain at the local population for not coming down The Shay, do you really believe the fan base will increase when they can watch the same on the moor for free?

Not only are the tactics negative but the team are turning into a bunch of thugs on the pitch, mindless fouls like the one by McManus are happening too often.

Hoof has to go or he has to be hoofed.

I repeat nobody has called for Aspins head, just more & more fans concerned about what is happening on the pitch. Infact most people have said he deserves the chance to put it right.

Have you heard your sen FFS!! Im sure he is just as concerened, but thankfully he is the manager and he will deal with it in a way that does not include getting his knickers and britches in a twist. If we were in the bottom five I could understand it. The squad we have and the budget set is capable of a mid table finish, anything above that is a bonus. Its now nearly December and we sit 3 points from the play offs. Perfectly perfectly acceptbale with obvious work to do. So lets get on with it. What  fuss about nowt.

The style of play has altered and I am surprised  some claim it hasn't. This squad are capable of playing football, they have done it on numerous occasions last season and earlier this season.

Aspin for some reason known only unto himself  changed tac when the team were going well. His tactics against poor opposition like Altrincham, a team he should have sent his team all out to attack, were abysmal and everyone I know down The Shay thought the same. His team has allowed poor teams to come and attack them and grow in confidence taking three points away instead of a good trouncing.

This hoofball nonsense belongs to a bygone era, it might work in the pub leagues but it wont work at The Shay in the Conference. Some complain at the local population for not coming down The Shay, do you really believe the fan base will increase when they can watch the same on the moor for free?

Not only are the tactics negative but the team are turning into a bunch of thugs on the pitch, mindless fouls like the one by McManus are happening too often.

Hoof has to go or he has to be hoofed.

Jesus - 'keep it on the floor and all out attack'

There is a reason Kevin Keegan never made it as a manager.

IN NEIL WE TRUST

Have you heard your sen FFS!! Im sure he is just as concerened, but thankfully he is the manager and he will deal with it in a way that does not include getting his knickers and britches in a twist. If we were in the bottom five I could understand it. The squad we have and the budget set is capable of a mid table finish, anything above that is a bonus. Its now nearly December and we sit 3 points from the play offs. Perfectly perfectly acceptbale with obvious work to do. So lets get on with it. What  fuss about nowt.

Jesus - 'keep it on the floor and all out attack'

There is a reason Kevin Keegan never made it as a manager.

IN NEIL WE TRUST

Twisting my words

'All out to attack'

The only way you win games in this league is as a well drilled, organised unit that play as a team . Whether you play direct or tippy tappy, you've got to be organised and all singing from the same hymn sheet . In my experience, direct football is the more successful

You play a lot up the moor then?.

I hope we do win but a good run will not happen under present policy.

Aspin isn't telling them to hoof it, it's not a policy he has established through want, that's what happens when confidence is low. The players will be working on the basics (passing :)), continue to work on the basics to eliminate the hoofs and the win will come. An Alfreton win will give us a confidence boost and relieve alot of pressure and the football will start to flow as normal again.

Well, I am not going to waste time talking about quotes, Aspin is on notice from many fans and things have to change, it is that simple.

what evidence do you have for these many fans you say have placed neil aspin on notice? as far as i have been able to establish,  there is you and about half a dozen other plonkers on here and that facebook page that had a link put on here last week. i'm sure aspin has taken on board your concerns and and, as i write, is looking for a way he can appease the great shaytrev of shaymen.net. :shh:

what evidence do you have for these many fans you say have placed neil aspin on notice? as far as i have been able to establish,  there is you and about half a dozen other plonkers on here and that facebook page that had a link put on here last week. i'm sure aspin has taken on board your concerns and and, as i write, is looking for a way he can appease the great shaytrev of shaymen.net. :shh:

That facebook page unlike yours which has two members has itself over 400 members.

Having been a Shayman for over 50 years I am familiar with the views of quite a number of others who are fed up with the current style.

Any more questions Mr Positive?

Archived