Tickets On Sale For Home Fans

last_chance_saloon

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your telling me there is a possibility that 11,500 tickets will be sold lol.

Come of it. You could turn up 10 mins before kick off and still get in.

so you keep saying mr v. you're probably right, but the fact is is that city have been offered 3500 tickets but have 10,000 season ticket holders and no-one can say how many of the 6500 who don't get a ticket will make the 15 minute journey and try to pay on the gate. what do you reckon? none of them? 100? 2000? 1000? 500? if you don't know the answer, best buy a ticket.

Was gonna turn up on the day with half an hour to spare, will still do that. #notarsed about buying a ticket to "make sure" then, defo #notarsed about buying a ticket to "make sure" now. I expected the competence levels of the Bacup Boroughs of this world (sorry if any Bacup fans are reading this) when ticketing was first mentioned and I wasn't disappointed. When it comes to one-off opportunities this is our level. Failing to sell Brackley tickets and shirts on the same day despite telling us to create a "Sea of Blue," forgetting to change an A3 sign for a few weeks at a time, publishing conflicting information, endless cl*b sh*p promises, and I could mention so more that'll just get picked at and justified by some. Getting tickets for Premier League games is like applying for Oxbridge though, so I'm sure it won't put everyone off and think it still might entice a few relative outsiders who will attach exclusivity to the ticket situation and want to be in on it. Being a Shayman is a popular choice this week and loads will buy into that.

Must add that I'm not sure how much this is the board's doing though, as well as Mr Green Guide, West Yorkshire Police, and whoever else.

Still doesn't affect me personally though. I'll come in on good time, jostle my way to my usual position in the stand, and hopefully enjoy it alongside several thousand other Shaymen. So should you, and get a few chums down.

Also, I'd love to be wrong, but to those saying "they'll get it right next time," when will the next time be that we could sell out the Shay? I hope for a well-drawn weekend playoff game or even a title decider one day, and am not writing us off progressing here and drawing another great opponent at home, but we're fed double-pronged defences of "they'll get it right next time" and "they take their time because they want to ensure everything's perfect." I still believe our board easily beats the majority.

It's all simple, I've been to the ticket office tonight

I was shown a seating plan, seats are being sold in order for block E, back row first working forward.

You can buy the next available seat in the row and you must sit in that seat on the day.

So option 2. then. Despite the OS saying no seats can be reserved people are being given allocated seats when buying tickets.

Glad to see this went to a planning meeting involving all concerned.

I'm rolling up at 11.50, if I get in good, if not I'll go home and watch it on the telly, happy in the knowledge that the club achieved a sell out and have lost no income due to my absence.

That said if my dad comes home from  hospital it will be the television regardless.

I'll be working till at least 11 on Sunday morning so probably going down tomorrow for a ticket, not really fussed who I'm stuck next to but would really prefer to be in the vicinity of where I normally sit as I prefer the to be South of the BoD area than North . I'll be up Gibbett Street for the public stoning of Moody when this is all over

you'll have to catch me first. i shall be leaving the ground for my hudderfield hideaway from the centre circle by helicopter, keving keegan style, after the game........ B)

"In all cases, you will not be able to select specific seats if requesting East Stand tickets...."

I would therefore assume that they are giving people a seat reference just so they can keep track but you will not be limited to sitting in that particular seat. If you have a ticket and want a particualr seat - get there early (has anybody suggested that people get there early? not sure).

To be on the safe side, print out the page from the OS with the above line highlighted, that way if somebody comes along and says they have a ticket for your seat then they are talking rubbish and as such should speak to stadium management (not Janette Krankie) 

IT means you can't pick where you sit but you have to sit in the seat you are given

IT means you can't pick where you sit but you have to sit in the seat you are given

Why do you have to? If you buy a ticket in advance then use it to enter the ground from the moment you're through the turnstiles you can go off and sit in whichever seat you want and no one will be any the wiser.

I have just been to the Shay to buy an East Stand ticket for Sunday....

Ever since the skircoat closed i have sat down in the East Stand with a number of mates  - game after game - season after season - never missed a game - - Sunday i will be on the South terrace - due to a complete balls up on ticket arrangements....

I have sat in the same seat season after season - not Sunday - they give you a seat number or they tried to !!! not for me....

I will walk on to the Shay around 1130am after a few beers - if gates shut due to " part time supporters" filling the Shay - I will go back on Town and watch BT sport.....

RANT OVER

Come on Shaymen................

Got mine this morning. Was panicking a bit so to be safe drove over from Keighley. Was allocated Row W in C Block wherever that is.

I foresee one problem, if some hairy arse half dozen City fans come over early and park their arses on my seats. Do you think they will move ? I'm not a fan of Sunday punch ups. Im hoping the club for every seat sold have stuck a Reserved sticker on them or I smell trouble.

Why do you have to? If you buy a ticket in advance then use it to enter the ground from the moment you're through the turnstiles you can go off and sit in whichever seat you want and no one will be any the wiser.

Apart from the person who has a ticket for that seat. Or do all those dissatisfied with their allocated berth get up at 12.05 and mill around reseating themselves?

Yes they will as you will be sitting in someone else's seat.

Archived