• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can - but only at the times the ticket office is open for normal sales:

Simply purchase your tickets for EAST Stand and collect on:

Friday 7 November from 4.00pm to 8pm or

Saturday 8 November from 10am to 4pm

From FC Halifax Town East Stand Main Reception

I'd need to be able to pick them up on Sunday.

don't forget Bradford aren't doing online sales at all for this

Never Shay Die is a play on words but not many people know it's also a play on words of his real name aswell - Neville Che Diesel. He might not be happy with me revealing his real name but anyway I used to wrestle with his Uncle, Diesel. Whilst I have never met NSD aka Nev Diesel, Big Daddy Cool himself tells me he is a good bloke.

:lol: I was a massive wrestling fan growing up so this made me laugh.

Kevin Nash lol!

In general NSD does speak sense and I personally value his opinions rather than those who pass judgement on games that they havent even seen. But hey ho.

In general he does, but sometimes he seems to rush it a bit.....

That's your opinion and I respect that, normally I would've agreed with your conclusion.

Starting to get a bit worried now, how many blocks are there in the East Stand ( for sale)? I tried on the Shay number off the website and the line was dead!

01422 341222 / 01422 322489 from bt phone book  - got through on one of them earlier this week.

And he was warned each time. Once more and he would have been banned. This is the problem when people think we should have collective moderation or moderation by jury. It can't work like that because what one person classes as banter, another would class as abuse. That's why, historically, the moderation on this forum remains all but non-existent, a process we've always called self-moderation. Occasionally it becomes necessary to warn someone that they risk stepping over what for most is a very distant line, but because we don't publicise those warnings people think we do nothing until they themselves become the focus of our moderating. Some people, like NSD, take it the way it was intended. Others, without mentioning names, start setting fire to the pitchforks and begin a campaign of abuse and ridicule.

For my part I will not change how I moderate. I don't read every thread but if someone steps out of line on a thread I do read, I will do what I've always done. For the most part people on here will happily slap people down on our behalf. That's great because it stops us from having to do anything, but when it continues, and continues, and more people join in, there comes a point when I feel it necessary to do something. Not everyone's going to agree on where that point is or should be. Not every moderator will agree. That's fine. But it's all we've got. If people would rather I wasn't a moderator then great, I can jump over the fence and join in. Either way, public discussion of the moderation should not happen. All it does is create bad blood and ill feeling and if the people who engage in this can't see that, then the forum would be better off without them.

You're head and shoulders the best Mod on this forum. If you left similar to today's case would most likely be increasing. 

Obviously you don't know me and I don't know you.  You are entitled to believe what you want.

I can only reiterate what Mr V has posted on my behalf.   I realise how it looked and that some people are simply going to draw those conclusions.  I can't help that now.

It was a moment of naivety.  The Bradford Fire did not cross my mind once when posting; it was supposed to be a dig at Bantams Down Under and his rubbish retorts.  Nothing more.  I accept that it did look very deliberate and I'm actually shocked with myself that I didn't realise how offensive it looked when I posted it, although others have said that they themselves did not notice anything offensive until it was pointed out.  Hindsight's a wonderful thing.

Had I not gone straight into work after posting that remark, I would have deleted it immediately and issued an apology as soon as I realised the offence it had caused.  Unfrotunately I didn't get a chance to check the forum until lunchtime, by which time I already knew I had been suspended as Mr V had e-mailed me!

I can be accused of tit-for-tat nonsense with the likes of TNV/Shaytrev, but my behaviour on this site has never been to the level of indecency, distaste or downright disrespect as a comment such as that has been interpreted.  Those who know me will testify that comments such as those are not in my nature.  I am not a mindless idiot!

I want to draw a line under it but I sincerely apologise for any offence caused.

I was about to write well done, NSD....until I read this......

Having read what has been written, i don't know if it was deliberate or not, we can all do and say silly things in the heat of the moment, if it was deliberate then it was a just stupid reaction to what was unnecessary goading from the Bradford fan and NSD has apologised at least twice, forget it and move on. Halifax fans i'm sure like us bear no animosity towards each other (NSD included). 

Sunday will be a great day for everyone.

My prediction is a 2-2 draw with City winning the replay 2-1.

Having read what has been written, i don't know if it was deliberate or not, we can all do and say silly things in the heat of the moment, if it was deliberate then it was a just stupid reaction to what was unnecessary goading from the Bradford fan and NSD has apologised at least twice, forget it and move on

It wasn't deliberate, but thanks Cityfan that means a lot.

Having read what has been written, i don't know if it was deliberate or not, we can all do and say silly things in the heat of the moment, if it was deliberate then it was a just stupid reaction to what was unnecessary goading from the Bradford fan and NSD has apologised at least twice, forget it and move on. Halifax fans i'm sure like us bear no animosity towards each other (NSD included). 

Sunday will be a great day for everyone.

My prediction is a 2-2 draw with City winning the replay 2-1.

can we take your prediction now? id take that just for the money the club would make.

It wasn't deliberate, but thanks Cityfan that means a lot.

No worries mate.

can we take your prediction now? id take that just for the money the club would make.

You can, i would gladly take it as well, Halifax will be well fired up for this, believe me this will be a very tough game for City.

Archived