Tickets On Sale For Home Fans

last_chance_saloon

I'm still struggling to see what the problem is here

Away fans all ticket - fine

If they had made the home fans all ticket that may have reduced the attendance, some people just wouldn't have bothered

As a sop to those who wanted, they made tickets available to home fans to guarantee entrance, in the stand of their choice, speed of entry etc etc

But happily, the hoards who might not have bothered if it had been all ticket, can now turn up on the day and still get in, although they may have to queue.

Since our average crowd is 1400 (excluding away), I doubt anybody will have a problem, other than not being able to sit/stand in their normal place (which for a one-off big game is not exactly an issue really is it?

In principle I agree, but the communication for it has been poor which is my only gripe really.  I think people are over-reacting and you can't please everyone (season ticket holders moaning that they can't reserve the seats they normally sit in = idiots).

Also, Flea being told at the ticket office that he can't buy a ticket for the South Stand, only to then find out he was given the wrong infromation and had to go back to swap his East Stand ticket was a farce.

Why wouldn't the club want the easy option of all ticket? It doesn't make sense that they would refuse it.

Why would WYP demand 'pay on the gate'?  What purpose does that serve to the police?  I don't even think they could demand that if for some obscure reason they wanted to. 

They can suggest or demand all ticket, but they can't tell a club "Sorry - you are not allowed to sell advance tickets for this game". 

Lol seriously are you on the wind-up?

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I'm not on the wind up.

WYP hold all the power, without them, the game doesn't go ahead, they can make any demand they like and the club has to agree.

The thing with this thread is that we have seen opinions and differing ones at that - which is no bad thing.

However in your case you have decided to talk factually incorrect horse shite from start to finish.

WYP did not make these 'arrangements' if that is what they are to be called.

Completely agree that people moaning they can't sit in their usual seats need to have a word with themselves.

It is 1 game and its a one off.

What would happen if I got there extra early against Woking, sat in your seats. Would you take your bat and ball home then as well?

The blame is apportioned as follows.

MoodyB1 80%

The remaining 20% split between LCS and FCHT.

WYP hold all the power, without them, the game doesn't go ahead, they can make any demand they like and the club has to agree.

That's patently not true; the UK isn't a police state. They would need a court order to prevent a private company from trading and there's no precedent for it, at least not in modern times and certainly not in relation to football. They can't even insist on a particular kick off time, only "suggest" one that they'd be in agreement with. The absolute most that the police could do is insist on a costly police presence within the stadium if their "suggestions" are ignored; but even that would have to be demonstrably reasonable as anything excessive could be challenged in the courts after the event.

Hope we're not handing extra cash over to City as apparently their Chairman (I ate all the pies ) Mark Lawn claimed the other night on Look North that Halifax owed Bradford cash which has strained relations between the clubs and is the reason why there has been no pre season Friendly in recent years. Heaven knows what Mr Lawn is on about.

What a crock of sh!te.  WYP cannot demand 'pay on the gate' (as Hoddie more comprehensively states) and like I said they would have no reason to because it blatantly makes no sodding sense.

Someone's been feeding you false infromation and you've chosen to post it as factual on here.

I think WYP are happy the kick off is 12.00 ,probably their only demand ,imagine a Saturday evening game ,carnage.

double overtime on Sundays for Plod as well, am just glad the clubs didn't agree with Dibble's request to move it to the nearest bank holiday for triple overtime

Hope we're not handing extra cash over to City as apparently their Chairman (I ate all the pies ) Mark Lawn claimed the other night on Look North that Halifax owed Bradford cash which has strained relations between the clubs and is the reason why there has been no pre season Friendly in recent years. Heaven knows what Mr Lawn is on about.

think is the last outstanding instalment of the Dave Evans transfer fee :D

The thing with this thread is that we have seen opinions and differing ones at that - which is no bad thing.

However in your case you have decided to talk factually incorrect horse shite from start to finish.

WYP did not make these 'arrangements' if that is what they are to be called.

Yes they did. what' s your source?

I would like to thank the helpful & friendly ticket sales staff. Bought this am, confirmed that arrangements per Che's summary here at 7am (sheet 14).At start of business today about 1000 tickets sold for home areas. In East stand block C sold down to row H, moving on to sell block B 

You're an idiot and you've done nothing but try to appear informed about things you don't have a clue over.

The only thing I'm not sure of is whether you do it because you're a bit special or just because you're a tosser.

Considering that you don't pay to get in to home games it's a bit rich that you deliberately try to put people off going to this match, potentially costing the club you claim to support money. Grow up & shut up.

Wrong.

I've only being posting facts that i'm told from people at the coal face. If people don't come on Sunday how have i put them off? Because they can't sit in their usual seat? Or they can't be bothered to buy a ticket? Or they plan to turn up at 11.55 on Sunday?

Why has what i have said put people off.

I wondered how long it would take you to drag this thread down to your name calling level too.

I've only ever posted what i have believed to be fact. People are getting in a state over a simple thing, buy a ticket to ensure you get in on Sunday. Very Very easy.

What has my role on match day got to do with what i post?

Yes they did. what' s your source?

Brilliant, you have to laugh don't you. You can't come out with a load of un-evidenced chat, and then when someone says you're wrong, ask them what their source is! #FFS

That's like me saying the square root of 49 is 8 and then refusing to budge from that position until someone shows me concrete mathematical proof that it isn't (for reference, saying "yeah but 7x7=49" is not concrete mathematical proof).

Brilliant, you have to laugh don't you. You can't come out with a load of un-evidenced chat, and then when someone says you're wrong, ask them what their source is! #FFS

That's like me saying the square root of 49 is 8 and then refusing to budge from that position until someone shows me concrete mathematical proof that it isn't (for reference, saying "yeah but 7x7=49" is not concrete mathematical proof).

Well what is the source?

Archived