Tickets On Sale For Home Fans

last_chance_saloon

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like there'll be more City fans there than Town. Oh well, at least it's cash in the bank (should make a good £100 000 out of it). Should keep Mark Lard, I mean Yawn, I mean Lawn in pies and burgers for a week or two.

Why does it look that way?

All this ranting & raving and at the end of the day you will all attend cheer on the Shaymen see a fabulous game a FCHT win and have a great time then boast in 10 years ¨I was there¨ on the other hand I will watch it on the TV wishing I was there thinking you lucky Bar-stewards but unfortunately it´s impossible, so good luck fellow Shaymen & enjoy that great day.

I was just thinking that if City have an allocation of 4450 and they sell out, that Town will probably sell no more than 4000. Do you think Town will sell out? Town will have 2300 in the South Stand and 3200 East Stand, which is 5500. I just can't see us selling all those for a game against Bradford, but I hope I'm wrong.

I was just thinking that if City have an allocation of 4450 and they sell out, that Town will probably sell no more than 4000. Do you think Town will sell out? Town will have 2300 in the South Stand and 3200 East Stand, which is 5500. I just can't see us selling all those for a game against Bradford, but I hope I'm wrong.

If city take 4,450 full allocation then capacity is 11,500 so that must mean 7,050 home end spaces so 4,000 East Stand / 3,000 South?

Nobody could have seriously complianed had the game being declared all ticket from day one - we would have all got on with it.

If this had happened you would've had a couple of "3,000 gate, then" comments before a few longer rants with refrains like "I really do despair" and "The board really have cocked it up this time," a few declaring they'll be watching it in the pub, exiles saying they emailed the club about gaining entry from home with no reply, me and you cracking funnies over having to recite the manuscript to series 5 of Friends while drawing a 140m hopscotch grid over the East Stand car park to get a 14p discount, moodyb1 copying and pasting his "you buggers are never happy" post, the same old confusion regarding C block this and 3 block that, and more references to the playoff final at Brackley before noelm1979 posts something sensible.

If this had happened you would've had a couple of "3,000 gate, then" comments before a few longer rants with refrains like "I really do despair" and "The board really have cocked it up this time," a few declaring they'll be watching it in the pub, exiles saying they emailed the club about gaining entry from home with no reply, me and you cracking funnies over having to recite the manuscript to series 5 of Friends while drawing a 140m hopscotch grid over the East Stand car park to get a 14p discount, moodyb1 copying and pasting his "you buggers are never happy" post, the same old confusion regarding C block this and 3 block that, and more references to the playoff final at Brackley before noelm1979 posts something sensible.

Bollox, there would have not have been half the fuss

I always thought that the South held just under 2500. I think Man City brought 2200 in that friendly and they nearly filled it. I suppose these things change constantly due to H&S and police advice etc.

Well a man in the know who is banned from Tesco's told me the capicity is 11,500 if BCFC get the full 4,450 allocation so that means the rest must be between South and East.

Won't look that way on tv though, most will be behimd the cameras.

Just as high as possible please. Some will see pockets of empty seats and say, "So Halifax won't even turn out for their biggest draw possible, what a pointless little club." Otherwise some will see a full house and say, "So all of a sudden Halifax care about their team, what a pointless little club." I'll try not to care, because much more meaningful will be seeing 7,000+ in the Shay for a proper showdown, in the flesh. 2,000 in the South Stand will make it look full enough anyway.

So we all have to sit where told? I was going to turn up early, pay my 17quid and make my way to the usual area and sit with the AFC boys. That's the reason I wasn't going to get a ticket.

If we are told where to sit when paying cash anyway then I might as well get a ticket and guarantee a decent seat.

It makes sense to allocate seats to be fair. Anyone at Macclesfield last season will remember what it was like when the away end reached capacity and the steward was pointing out individual seats. That was a farce!

The problems arise if

A) there are arguments about 'that's my seat'

B) the maths have been done wrong

C) when someone sits in their allocated seat and all they have a view of is the subs heads!

We could do with a bit more clarity on the allocated seats bit really

This is a copy of the e mail that I have sent to Tony Allan. Is he anything to do with the Shay or is a faceless bureaucrat.

Hi Tony.

I write to you in desperation at what appears to be the most almighty cock up that this club has been involved in.

I was a season ticket holder last year but did not buy one this year as I was going to miss 4 games at least.

However, I am a massive Town fan and as a result my friends and their family were going to accompany me to the Shay this Sunday. Their plans have been scuppered because of the confusion surrounding the purchasing of tickets.

I normally sit to the left of the sponsors seats about 3-4 rows from the back. Now I am hearing rumours that we have to buy tickets to preserve the seats. My friends do not want to do this. They want to say, yes we are coming, we`ll see you in the car park. But they will not buy tickets. I was bringing 6 other people. It is probably now likely that they will not attend. Well done FC Halifax Town. We as a club are desperate for fans. This was the perfect opportunity to further our cause, but we have shot ourselves in the foot. It should have been no tickets or all ticket.

I`m quite happy for this e mail to go to whomever you want to send it to. I will be forwarding it to David Bosomworth and asking for his comments. I`m certain he will not be happy at missing out on at least 6 extra spectators and that's only from me. Multiply that by the faithful and then we would have had a great crowd as opposed to the likelihood that people will stay away because of the confusion.

Please try to iron out the confusion because the message on the web site is ambiguous at the least.

I couldn`t be bothered to read the last 4 pages of this post but I feel certain that it will be everybody moaning about the omni shambles of a cock up that FC Halifax Town have generated by not having some joined up thinking!

FFS relax and stop sensationalising things. Yours and your friends' ability to watch the match is 100% in your control. Either go to the ground before Sunday and buy tickets or turn up early on the day and you'll be fine. In situations like this the club simply cannot please everybody.

The way I see it, being all ticket for home fans from the get go would definitely lower our chances of getting the biggest attendance possible.

But as it is you can buy tickets in advance to make sure there's no chance you'll miss it or you can turn up early and get given seats on the day.

So we're pleasing the week in week outers who can buy tickets in advance plus the more casual fans who are less likely to make 2 trips to the shay to buy tickets before sunday.

So stop moaning and support your team!

'Biggest cock up' 'I normally sit here' this is a one off game which we should all be buzzing about, enjoy it for god's sake!!

If we are told where to sit when paying cash anyway then I might as well get a ticket and guarantee a decent seat.

Only person who's claimed that is Bradders/LCS who on past form knows nothing about anything. He's also not paid into a game at the shay for years as does radio Calderdale stuff - hence thinking he knows everything.

If they give numbered tickets out when people enter there'll be kids separated from parents and all round chaos. Bradders really shouldn't be listened to!

FFS relax and stop sensationalising things. Yours and your friends' ability to watch the match is 100% in your control. Either go to the ground before Sunday and buy tickets or turn up early on the day and you'll be fine. In situations like this the club simply cannot please everybody.

The way I see it, being all ticket for home fans from the get go would definitely lower our chances of getting the biggest attendance possible.

But as it is you can buy tickets in advance to make sure there's no chance you'll miss it or you can turn up early and get given seats on the day.

So we're pleasing the week in week outers who can buy tickets in advance plus the more casual fans who are less likely to make 2 trips to the shay to buy tickets before sunday.

So stop moaning and support your team!

'Biggest cock up' 'I normally sit here' this is a one off game which we should all be buzzing about, enjoy it for god's sake!!

Indeed I myself have taken advantage of the clubs click and collect service where fans who live a long way away can simply buy their tickets and drive up the day before the game pick up their tickets stay in a complimentary hotel the night before the game. Most generous of Mr B and his clueless yes men

Indeed I myself have taken advantage of the clubs click and collect service where fans who live a long way away can simply buy their tickets and drive up the day before the game pick up their tickets stay in a complimentary hotel the night before the game. Most generous of Mr B and his clueless yes men

Lol. Collect and click (your fingers).

Archived