Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

last_chance_saloon

Fax Website

Agree it's not the journos fault but you surely can not agree with their stance over the rent and the need to use our name as an excuse not to pay it????

It's hardly suprising people are having a pop. The situation is outrageous.

There is history. He's not once mentioned the rent 0issue or the 'shame 0of the shay' but quotes Abbott for fun

Agree it's not the journos fault but you surely can not agree with their stance over the rent and the need to use our name as an excuse not to pay it????

It's hardly suprising people are having a pop. The situation is outrageous.

No no no I completely agree with you regarding the situation.

But as you say, it's not the journo's fault.

Capture_zps8139c017.jpg

That's bullshit. We use the say once a week unless we have a Tuesday match. They train there, let the under 23s play their matches there as well as playing their games.

Just not true is it.

here we go again..........what a sorry set of sons of bitches.......

There is history. He's not once mentioned the rent 0issue or the 'shame 0of the shay' but quotes Abbott for fun

I see where you're coming from and there probably is a lack of balance to his interviewing. But if you're a young starting out journalist and you're basically flee lancing (from the look of his twitter) you can't afford to be p***ing someone who gives you interviews off.

Surely it's the responsibility of the courier and the big "establishments" to delve into issues such as the rent issue. Maybe I'm being slightly naive though.

He is a reporter who is reporting what he has been told.

A proper journalist would research the background and ask searching questions.

Unfortunately with the demise of the newspaper sector, proper journalists are a dying breed.

What is most upsetting through all of this is how Fax were forced to sign a rent agreement with terms they had not agreed to all those years ago :(

Oh, wait, they didn't?

Can I just say, Matthew is a great lad, he's simply reporting what he's been told verbatim.

He's a huge Town fan and has great knowledge of the club. I think he's done well to get the interview, to be honest, it's an extremely complicated situation to start talking about the whole Reativ thing.

Abbott, Steele and Croad have just shown themselves up to be total liars.

I know for a FACT that the **** will hit the fan with squatters, but can't comment any further.

Watch this space.

Matty shaw is a town fan...been going down for years and know him well so lay off him abit...he works for the radio in the sports department so obviously is going to interview people at the rugby club for time to time......he also worked on the fcht media team for 3 years

Mr Shaw is a proud Shayman. He worked on our media team last season and might still do. He used to post on here before that, so perhaps his lack of coverage of Bubba et al's fantastic work has been due to operating as a semi-official spokesman for the club. If anyone remembers the vain cry of "TOULLLSOOONNN" at a certain point in our Nuneaton home highlights last season, that's the chap we're discussing. Although I'd imagine he could be free to cover our Save Our Shay work, I guess no other reporter/journalist really has anyway... I feel the citizens themselves are the private eyes these days.

I'm sure he's a great lad. I assume he's a reporter rather 00than 0journalist

You've had too much beer at headingley lad...spelling going out of the window

D0ont 0be soft bish

Be quiet you fecking 4 pint girl

Has the rent been paid?

Im told by a council employee that at 18.00 hrs it was still a no.

Are you not worried that a council employee is willing to blatantly break the data protection act to give you this information?

Also, who else's personal financial information did you ask about and who else does he give financial information to? 

Luckily for you, I do not live in Calderdale or I would be forwarding your post to the council demanding action against your informant as I do not wish for my financial details to be bandied about to all and sundry irrespective of whether I pay or not. It would be quite easy to identify the "council employee" as the council will know the department and be able to listen to your call.

Are you not worried that a council employee is willing to blatantly break the data protection act to give you this information?

Also, who else's personal financial information did you ask about and who else does he give financial information to?

Luckily for you, I do not live in Calderdale or I would be forwarding your post to the council demanding action against your informant as I do not wish for my financial details to be bandied about to all and sundry irrespective of whether I pay or not. It would be quite easy to identify the "council employee" as the council will know the department and be able to listen to your call.

Data Protection Act covers individuals, not commercial organisations. And I think CMBC will be shouting from the rooftops if the rent is paid as I'll be off their backs on that score.

And feel free to email the council; the correspondence will disappear along with everything else that gets sent to them!

Not if he spoke to him face to face.

Which I did, to a friend working in a relevent part of the Council who would know had it been paid.

The same person btw who told me about Fax being locked out which I mentioned on here previously - only to be shouted down as causing problems until it then became public knowledge.

I'm glad everybody is happy that a council employee is freely giving out financial information and will have no objection if Flea asks and posts about whether they've paid their bills or not. That is what would concern me.

The fact that it was face to face is irrelevant. It is still a breach of data protection act as it is still an employee providing financial information without a FOI request.

Anyway, as you're all happy for Flea to have access to your financial dealings with Calderdale Council and for them to be posted all over the net and I don't live in Calderdale I will leave it there as it doesn't really affect me and I'm much more interested in tomorrow's match.

'Sumbody' just got owned.

I know there was an emergency board meeting on Monday night, the ramifications of which seem pretty bad.

So has Abort withdrawn his funds/support for fax?