Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

England Women

14 posts in this topic

The girls are playing really well against the Argies!!! They have had 83% possession and are running them ragged. Unfortunately missed a penalty but I think they should win?? Hope they dont fall to the sucker punch though. We know that feeling all to well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill Scott's quality. I'm a bit disappointed that in both games so far they've not let their superior technical ability show against weaker opponents. Not sure why Phil Neville of all people is the gaffer. 

The USA will yet again absolutely walk this tournament in my opinion. If England play against them the best they'll do is maybe shithouse a 0-0 and hope to win by the odd goal or on pens. 

22 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

Jill Scott's quality. I'm a bit disappointed that in both games so far they've not let their superior technical ability show against weaker opponents. Not sure why Phil Neville of all people is the gaffer. 

The USA will yet again absolutely walk this tournament in my opinion. If England play against them the best they'll do is maybe shithouse a 0-0 and hope to win by the odd goal or on pens. 

The last bit sounds familiar.....

Caught the second half and we dominated the play, couple of decent saves from the keeper but really she wasn’t tested enough.

Japan will be the first real test for our defence . Are they planning on screening Scotland 0 Argentina 0 ?

So far I've enjoyed the games I've watched during this World Cup. You can definitely see a huge improvement in most of the teams from the last one. Phil Neville is doing some great work with our  England girls and you can see why they are tipped as one of the favourites to win. The skill levels are evident, and you really can see that the future of their game can only get better and better. BUT!!!! (yep, here it comes), It really annoys me that the commentators and pundits continually make comparisons to the mens game, and at this stage in the development of the Womens game I dont think it's right to do so!! This is a level that is still in it's infancy, yes there are good skilful players who earn their living as pro's around the world, but they are way off the track if they even suggest that they are anywhere near as good as the top men. This is not a sexist rant by any means, I read an interesting piece in a newspaper last night that I agreed with, it suggests that to compare the two levels is to patronise the women. I dont think you could argue the point really. Keep improving, keep up the TV coverage to encourage the young girls but dont pretend that the level is Football League Standard. Just my opinion of course

3 people like this

23 hours ago, olitheshayman said:

Phil Neville is manager to increase exposure of the women’s game

2 people like this

7 hours ago, canberracol said:

Aussie girls triumph again.  Sam Kerr leading goal scorer in the cup, how about we sign her.

I hope we don't sign her brother Juan.

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I hope we don't sign her brother Juan.

No chance he´s on the updates every Sat.