Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Finbob-Trifle

45 posts in this topic

How bad was he today?  Generous round of applause when he went off. Mainly I imagine as thanks for not signing for us.

1 person likes this

His goals helped keep us up last season, we have seen no improvement since he left.

1 person likes this

True. Didn’t think it was but it was given. Apart from that I thought he was poor.

Yes, he was a shadow of his former self. He seems to have shrunk too. Was he actually the same player? 

3 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

His goals helped keep us up last season, we have seen no improvement since he left.

Agreed, which is why I was happy to join in the generous applause he got when he came off. But he was awful today imo.

Wasn’t great but managed 3 shots and was better than our awful front 2 , long road ahead 

Just now, Jmc said:

Wasn’t great but managed 3 shots and was better than our awful front 2 , long road ahead 

Our 'awful front 2' had to deal with aimless balls lumped up from our defence. I would say, however, that they tend to play too far apart. 

Yep poor service but piss poor When they had the ball 

Just now, Che Bentos said:

Yes, he was a shadow of his former self. He seems to have shrunk too. Was he actually the same player? 

1 minute ago, Jmc said:

One from a decent position near the penalty spot that he launched over the stand. Two more that wouldn’t have troubled my arthritic Great Aunt. Nevertheless, sadly, more than we offered.

2 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

Fondop is no better than Edwards or Quigley 

Oh dear!! I can’t believe you posted that , fondop may be crap but oh my Edwards or Quigley 

3 people like this

Kept us up last year. Enough said

Would have liked to see Gondoh given a run this afternoon.

3 people like this

Give me Boden and Denton over any of the above any day of the week (possibly except Saturday). 

2 people like this

I supported him when playing for us but he's just another waste of space journeyman that some of our fans fall in love with. 

There are 2 players that we have on loan that many fans demand that we sign based on 2/3 decent games or so. (Just like fandom-Talom) Are they good enough for a 46 game season? 

The lad got substituted and whilst it might be respectful by the fans,,,, my mate turned to me and says "wtf are we clapping him for like he's some kind if hero status!!!" 

My mate was spot on. 

2 people like this

Just now, Icke's Lizard said:

I supported him when playing for us but he's just another waste of space journeyman that some of our fans fall in love with. 

There are 2 players that we have on loan that many fans demand that we sign based on 2/3 decent games or so. (Just like fandom-Talom) Are they good enough for a 46 game season? 

The lad got substituted and whilst it might be respectful by the fans,,,, my mate turned to me and says "wtf are we clapping him for like he's some kind if hero status!!!" 

My mate was spot on. 

Kept us up last year ! Wtf do you want 

2 minutes ago, Lammie said:

Would have liked to see Gondoh given a run this afternoon.

He was the sub instead of Preston this afternoon for me Lammie? 

My mate was spot on. 

We would be in conf North had he not put a shift in. 

Just now, Jmc said:

Kept us up last year ! Wtf do you want 

Did he do it all by his own? 

I seem to recall a Kosylo free kick and a Tomlinson header in the last minute is what kept us safe. 

MFT is another journeyman. He'll amount to nothing. 

We have too many loan players who try show their own club what they're capable of, or try and earn a move. Hardy and Wroe good examples. 

Safly it's usually the latter that are more in abundance and they toss it off once settled on a decent wage. 

Halifax-Wrexham-Maidenhead. That tells me MFT is out to look after himself and not his family or career otherwise he wouldn't move all round the country within 12 months. 

Just now, Shaymen Stats said:

He was the sub instead of Preston this afternoon for me Lammie? 

Haven’t seen him play, I think his only run out was a sub at Dover. Might have been my choice in a dead rubber as well.

1 person likes this

Did he do it all by his own? 

I seem to recall a Kosylo free kick and a Tomlinson header in the last minute is what kept us safe. 

MFT is another journeyman. He'll amount to nothing. 

We have too many loan players who try show their own club what they're capable of, or try and earn a move. Hardy and Wroe good examples. 

Safly it's usually the latter that are more in abundance and they toss it off once settled on a decent wage. 

Halifax-Wrexham-Maidenhead. That tells me MFT is out to look after himself and not his family or career otherwise he wouldn't move all round the country within 12 months. 

So you don’t appreciate the 5 goals or whatever he scored that kept us up , ? Seriously can’t see what you’re seeing ! If we hadn’t if signed him we would probably have got relegated, same as if we hadn’t if signed Rodney and Duku 

2 people like this

Just now, Jmc said:

So you don’t appreciate the 5 goals or whatever he scored that kept us up , ? Seriously can’t see what you’re seeing ! If we hadn’t if signed him we would probably have got relegated, same as if we hadn’t if signed Rodney and Duku 

It was a team that kept us up and the manager ran it. Trifle was a part of that. However, MFT's trajectory tells a story. Had he stayed he would have very quickly become a target of the boo boys, just like every other striker. 

Just now, Jmc said:

Of course I appreciate any goals. 

But when he's clapped off like some kind of god when we couldn't even give a cheer for Geoff Horsfield against Wimbledon. 

My ar$e went in January and I was worried about relegation. Yes Duku and Rodney have helped but I aren't tripping over myself begging them to stay like many folk did with Fondop-Talom last year. 

I won't fall into that trap and I don't think MFT nor our 2 loan strikers are worth a 46 game season. I'm more concerned with our tactics and set-up. 

MFT has shown this season that he's not that man. But many 12 months ago would have sanctioned thousands on his signing!! 

What kind of ‘ovation’ would someone like Denton get if he got subbed off at the Shay? Today’s was embarrassing! I doubt Denton would get anything and he did far more for the club than Fondop-Talom did