Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Desire

63 posts in this topic

At this time of the season players are supposed to be playing for their futures.

If as appeared evident  today certain players arent interested then show them to a seat in the stand.

I personally would rather see a player battling with passion to win the ball, today noone other than Hanson wanted the ball or to do anything with it.

That second half has to be the most lacklustre , pathetic excuse of a performance i have ever witnessed.

Halifax need to realise that there are no easy games whatever the league table looks like. Today we were deviod of ideas, last to everything, unable to string passes together, chaotic in defence and non existant in midfield. Outmuscled, outthought and in the second half outplayed.

And JF do not give me the 3 games in 7 days bollox, because these players are full time.

If id paid for today on my credit card i would be wanting a chargeback for false description under entertainment.

2 people like this

Stop being so bloody negative. Cheer up!! 

3 people like this

2 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

At this time of the season players are supposed to be playing for their futures.

If as appeared evident  today certain players arent interested then show them to a seat in the stand.

I personally would rather see a player battling with passion to win the ball, today noone other than Hanson wanted the ball or to do anything with it.

That second half has to be the most lacklustre , pathetic excuse of a performance i have ever witnessed.

Halifax need to realise that there are no easy games whatever the league table looks like. Today we were deviod of ideas, last to everything, unable to string passes together, chaotic in defence and non existant in midfield. Outmuscled, outthought and in the second half outplayed.

And JF do not give me the 3 games in 7 days bollox, because these players are full time.

If id paid for today on my credit card i would be wanting a chargeback for false description under entertainment.

Should stick all the youth players in the starting eleven then you would see desire.

The problem is and i mentioned this on the other thread. 

Everything and i mean everything we do has a script behind it. Any team worth there salt has worked us out before they ever arrived. 

Throw ins. Everyone knows where its going. We literally never get anything from doing this. Try throwing it back and spreading the play. 

Free kicks. Just lofted ro the back post. Everyone in the ground knows its coming. Again so so easy to read and shut down. We NEVER whip it in with pace and allow defenders to run onto it. To score from one of our set pieces we have to win 3 headers. Just not going to happen. 

I could go on and on and on. Just so obvious whats coming and so easy to shut down. 

No wonder the flair off the cuff players are frustrated they are being asked to play to a script. 

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

I don’t remember you starting a thread and stating how magnificent we were in the win against Solihull? Why only when we lose? 

Can’t look at this game in isolation. Too many players had off days and those just happened to be our most creative players in King, Kosylo and the front 2. It happens unfortunately, we all have off days. We have to look at the last 6 games or so where we have picked up a enough points  to keep us in the league. I admit today was lacklustre and a difficult watch but unfortunately you could support any team in England and days like today happen. 

4 people like this

25 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Stop being so bloody negative. Cheer up!! 

Shut up, you tart!

Lol!

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

Can’t look at this game in isolation. Too many players had off days and those just happened to be our most creative players in King, Kosylo and the front 2. It happens unfortunately, we all have off days. We have to look at the last 6 games or so where we have picked up a enough points  to keep us in the league. I admit today was lacklustre and a difficult watch but unfortunately you could support any team in England and days like today happen. 

I don’t think the critics of Shaymen.net have off days do they. They are perfect! 

Just now, johngrantsnumber1 said:

10 minutes ago, Shergar4 said:

We have had this happen nearly as many times as Huddersfield but definitely more than good days. One off days are just that 'one off days' not 20+ times out of 30+ games.

So at twenty pounds a crack, we are apparently not allowed to say how crap it was!!!!!!!!!! £60 I've spent this week, one great game, one poor game and todays puke!! Sorry but I think me and anyone else who pay our hard earned cash are allowed to voice our opinions.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, archietaylor7 said:

So at twenty pounds a crack, we are apparently not allowed to say how crap it was!!!!!!!!!! £60 I've spent this week, one great game, one poor game and todays puke!! Sorry but I think me and anyone else who pay our hard earned cash are allowed to voice our opinions.

It’s the fact that people pounce as soon as we lose. They weren’t as extreme when we beat second in the league. 

25 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

We have had this happen nearly as many times as Huddersfield but definitely more than good days. One off days are just that 'one off days' not 20+ times out of 30+ games.

Kind of get what your saying and yes the performances have been poor overall, but we have 51 points and are 14th. Huddersfield have 14. I will be honest and say I thought JF should have gone earlier in the season but in hindsight I’m glad he didn’t and think he deserves the chance to take us forward next season. Few players obviously need to go and replaced with a bit more quality think we could be nearer play offs this time next season

It’s the fact that people pounce as soon as we lose. They weren’t as extreme when we beat second in the league. 

This thread is titled Desire, and today there was none!!! Except for two players that was the same starting eleven as last Saturday, how can the same players be so completely different???? Tuesday was poor but today was godam awful!! Please dont try to defend it.

1 hour ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I don’t remember you starting a thread and stating how magnificent we were in the win against Solihull? Why only when we lose? 

Most have more to say after a loss. 

4 minutes ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Most have more to say after a loss. 

Why?

Because we care about the club and when the players put on a display Like today people are rightly frustrated and voice their frustrations. If the players put a shift in and try to win and the manager sends a team out to try and win a game then fans will understand if you're unlucky providing they see commitment and desire.

Just now, Shaymen2008 said:

Because we care about the club and when the players put on a display Like today people are rightly frustrated and voice their frustrations. If the players put a shift in and try to win and the manager sends a team out to try and win a game then fans will understand if you're unlucky providing they see commitment and desire.

I care about the club a great deal. That is why I will buy a season ticket next season. Not threaten to not come because we don’t play like Man City. 

1 minute ago, johngrantsnumber1 said:

I care about the club a great deal. That is why I will buy a season ticket next season. Not threaten to not come because we don’t play like Man City. 

Hyperbolic hogwash. Nobody expects Town to play like Man City, just to be competitive at this level. I fell asleep during commentary today but the consensus of everyone I've spoken to who went down the Shay - matched by most people here - is that today was just like earlier in the season, only worse if that were possible. Jesus, even Scot hasn't been able to defend it, yet here you are trying to make normal supporters feel guilty for daring to be critical of the club. STFU for once.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just now, Hoddie said:

Hyperbolic hogwash. Nobody expects Town to play like Man City, just to be competitive at this level. I fell asleep during commentary today but the consensus of everyone I've spoken to who went down the Shay - matched by most people here - is that today was just like earlier in the season, only worse if that were possible. Jesus, even Scot hasn't been able to defend it, yet here you are trying to make normal supporters feel guilty for daring to be critical of the club. STFU for once.

Hello sweet cheeks. No I won’t STFU. This is a forum. Kind Regards. 

And we are competitive at this level you pillock. We are 14th. ONE point off mid table! 

Edited by johngrantsnumber1

Just now, johngrantsnumber1 said:

Hello sweet cheeks. No I won’t STFU. This is a forum. Kind Regards. 

And we are competitive at this level you pillock. We are 14th. ONE point off mid table! 

Ah, so you're defending your right to use the forum to spout your drivel while simultaneously having a go at every other user for exercising their right to do the same thing. You a hypocritical ****wit of the highest order. Enough said. Can't be arsed with you tonight.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just now, Hoddie said:

Ah, so you're defending your right to use the forum to spout your drivel while simultaneously having a go at every other user for exercising their right to do the same thing. You a hypocritical ****wit of the highest order. Enough said. Can't be arsed with you tonight.

No. Im merely offering a positive slant to counter the negativity. You cannot comment without resorting to abuse. You’re such an angry little boy.

i suggest you go to bed early. 

Edited by johngrantsnumber1

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Shergar4 said:

Never mind an off day - it's been an off season. We could have continued playing Maidenhead until midnight and we still wouldn't have troubled their goalkeeper. 0.85 goals per game this season is very worrying! If our defence was anything other than solid we would be absolutely screwed this season!

Edited by Che Bentos
1 person likes this

That is the first goal we have conceded at home in the league since New Year’s Day and dubious penalty at that ,It looked like the Ref was celebrating with there players when they walked back to halfway line after they scored,Fair play to Maidenhead they probably just about deserved there win they out fought us today.

1 person likes this

Just now, Forever a Shayman said:

That is the first goal we have conceded at home in the league since New Year’s Day and dubious penalty at that ,It looked like the Ref was celebrating with there players when they walked back to halfway line after they scored,Fair play to Maidenhead they probably just about deserved there win they out fought us today.

Another positive stat. Fortress Shay! 

All negative folk out today. Was talking to Naill Maher at the end of the game, I apologised on behalf of the morons that were booing their own team.

He said it's a shame the home support has such a large toxic atmosphere in some quarters.

My five year old didn't understand why the 'Halifax fans were being mean to their own players'

Wisest words I heard spoken in the Eas Stand.

1 person likes this