Duku and Rodney

56 posts in this topic

I wonder if we have tried to get their loans extended or are they going back after tonight. I would have thought we would have more chance of keeping Duku a bit longer of the two. Perhaps their clubs would allow an extension with a 24 hour recall clause.

Just now, townmad said:

I wonder if we have tried to get their loans extended or are they going back after tonight. I would have thought we would have more chance of keeping Duku a bit longer of the two. Perhaps their clubs would allow an extension with a 24 hour recall clause.

It will be a boring end to the season if they don't extend their loans.

At least we are safe now but if they stay then you'll see crowds of over 1300 for Saturday games but if they don't then it'll drop down to around 1000. If Wrexham can't win the league on the last day then the big banker we were looking forward to will also drop dramatically.

1 person likes this

Without knowing what they're both costing us, I can't understand the logic in us not extending their loans, should the option be on the table.

We've seen enough of the strikers contracted to us without the need for further judgement. As far as Fullarton is concerned (and Bosomworth), we need to keep the momentum going for the rest of the season as a platform for next.

It's also a valid point that whatever we might save on the loanee's contributions by not extending, if we start to dry up again, it will knock numbers off the gate.

Surely a worthwhile investment if on the table?

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It will be a boring end to the season if they don't extend their loans.

At least we are safe now but if they stay then you'll see crowds of over 1300 for Saturday games but if they don't then it'll drop down to around 1000. If Wrexham can't win the league on the last day then the big banker we were looking forward to will also drop dramatically.

Agreed, with these two in the play flows taking pressure off the defence, not to mention the entertainment value which is increased ten fold by their inclusion, Best loans of the season although both Ferry & Hardy gave good value.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

From the noises their fans are making, I think Wrectum are falling apart again. They shouldn't drop out of the playoffs, but I doubt the anticipation will be there at the end of the season as it was earlier on. Would expect 700+ from them if they're guaranteed at least 7th with no momentum left, or above 1,000 if their form returns. A few hundred only if it's dead rubber.

Edit: and yes, sign Duku and Rodney up 'til the end of the season. They've been transformative and are fantastic to watch.

Edited by Pliny Harris
2 people like this

Quite like Duku, raw talent but has pace to burn, can head a ball & has an ability to come out of impossible situations with the ball at his feet, something you can't teach, it's an natural asset. Would like a chance to sign him.

There is every indication of the club wanting yo keep the players 

the players are keen to keep playing either for us or at their home clubs .. they just want to play 

its up to their home clubs ... so it’s wait and see 

nick 

They are obviously costing Town fair bucks, austerity has to come into the equation. Save money for next year we are safe now. Let them go back to their own clubs. They might become available for next season. Mr Bosomworth I'm sure will make the correct decision in FC Halifax Towns interest trust him.

Just now, shaycrazy said:

It's in Salfords interest to let us keep Rodney, we still have to play Leyton Orient, Wrexham and Fydle who are all challenging for the title or playoffs.No doubt they would be delighted if we beat all three,with Rodney we might just have a chance, without no chance.

And also it keeps him playing games and hopefully scoring goals to return to them for the play offs 

On 26/03/2019, 15:40:24, townmad said:

I was talking to someone    I t k   this morning about Duku & Rodney , he says  that town want to keep them and that they are both willing to stay , so let’s hope there  clubs will let them.

I’m led to believe the cut off point for signings is tomorrow, so any decision will have to be made before 5pm

Be pleasantly surprised if DB stumps up funds for signings we don't need at this stage.......

7 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Be pleasantly surprised if DB stumps up funds for signings we don't need at this stage.......

I would be gob smacked.

As long as I don’t have to go to another game with Preston and Edwards as our strikeforce I’ll be delighted 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Jmc said:

As long as I don’t have to go to another game with Preston and Edwards as our strikeforce I’ll be delighted 

Might as well write the rest of this season off if that’s the case. Them two and Odelusi should be the first 3 out of the door in the summer.

Preston and Edwards might do a job in the league below but not good enough for this league in my opinion.

I do feel for Odelusi as he came with big expectations and failed to live up to them but played through injury. I could see him getting fit over summer and tearing it up at another club. 

Rodney will definitely be with us until the end of the season so I have heard tonight not sure about Duku.

Just now, Forever a Shayman said:

Rodney will definitely be with us until the end of the season so I have heard tonight not sure about Duku.

What about Dave?

44 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

What about Dave?

Lubbly jubbly he who dares

1 person likes this

59 minutes ago, shaymanandy said:

This time next year we’ll be promoted :D

I ruddy hope so. 

I watched Harrogate v Salford on BT Sport last night and I would rather have Rodney to any of their strikers. Redmond and Gaffney didn't look anything special. Green was a late sub and Rooney didn't get off the bench. No sign at all of Lloyd who seems to have only been on the bench recently. 

3 hours ago, townmad said:

I watched Harrogate v Salford on BT Sport last night and I would rather have Rodney to any of their strikers. Redmond and Gaffney didn't look anything special. Green was a late sub and Rooney didn't get off the bench. No sign at all of Lloyd who seems to have only been on the bench recently. 

With the right recruitment over the summer we could easily be in the playoffs at least next season Goalkeeper and defence are as good as any team in the division, we are luck that most of our midfielders and strikers are out of contract in the summer and Odulusi Preston Edwards possibly Tomlinson will leave fitness being the issue with him ,Kosylo will probably leave by his own choice but has looked a shadow of himself recently.

4 hours ago, townmad said:

Agreed. Dieseruvwe just looked a less effective version of Rodney. His record for a forward is awful too:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Dieseruvwe