Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Keep the faith or ditch the disaster?

Keep the faith or ditch the disaster?   74 votes

  1. 1. Keep the faith or ditch the disaster?

    • Sack
      42
    • Give him at least 2 more games
      15
    • See where we are at end of season
      17

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

49 posts in this topic

Sack. Had full pre season to get his own players in. Mekhi,odelusi woeful. Had an agenda with king,only played him due to injury crisis. Now looks like there is a problem with hanson? No plan B. Horrific run where any manager at another club would have been sacked. A win last night doesnt paper over any cracks and neither will a win Saturday. Do 2 wins in a row make it ok to then go on another winless run? What will he do differently next season? We wont get relegated but i have no faith in him for next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need more information to make this decision now ( I previously wanted him out). Last night the team showed passion (which has been sadly lacking) and with a decent ref we'd have scored a few more. 

1. How much would it cost to sack him?

2. What's happened to Hansen? Good managers get their best players on the pitch.

3. Why is Southwell played out of position?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Sack. Had full pre season to get his own players in. Mekhi,odelusi woeful. Had an agenda with king,only played him due to injury crisis. Now looks like there is a problem with hanson? No plan B. Horrific run where any manager at another club would have been sacked. A win last night doesnt paper over any cracks and neither will a win Saturday. Do 2 wins in a row make it ok to then go on another winless run? What will he do differently next season? We wont get relegated but i have no faith in him for next season 

Very dangerous to think we won’t get relegated. Teams below us capable of getting results. Wouldn’t rule Aldershot out of climbing out of the drop. There’s always at least 1 team near the bottom who start winning and going on a run towards the end of the season, and it’s a very weak league at the top - look at Dover and Maidenhead winning at Orient and Salford.  Bottom 2 probably gone, but I just hope there are 2 other teams somehow worse than us! 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's such a fragile position. I thought he should have gone after Aldershot. As he didn't and we just about won last night, would it make sense to sack him right now with another huge game on Saturday looming? Could we risk someone else dropping in just before what is a huge game that could just about see us with one foot safe with a win?

Given the above, I've gone 2 more games. It really is so fragile right now though and pretty much has to be assessed game to game. I am convinced that he's not the man to oversee the club develop long term but it's all about us staying in the division from here on in. If we'd lost last night or possibly even drawn, he probably should have gone. Win on Sat and we probably reassess in the summer. Lose and again, can we risk him trying to keep us up? Such fine, fine margins.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am usually the last one to be convinced that sacking the manager is the answer, so you can guess what way I’ve voted. The only exception was Kelly and I was probably one of the first to see he wasn’t right in so many ways.

I liked Heath. He had some problems with how he conducted himself, his interviews included many twitches and his mannerisms distracted you from what he was saying. His band of brothers weren’t world beaters but they stuck together and battled. I always believed he had the recipe for the Conf North and would get us out of it, it wasn’t pretty but neither are any of the other teams in that league, it is what it is. He seemed to run out of options in the Conference and just couldn’t find players to take us forward.

The arrival of JF I read the preachings of the Experts on here, how we had a modern coach with modern tactics and contacts in the FL to find the sort of players we needed. I was willing to overlook his odd interview style, like Heath but different. I couldn’t see much difference in style of play, we looked to attack with more pace perhaps but his set up was defensive like Heath. Of course those same Experts started to out JF in September, and the usual let’s change the Manager his 6 months are up.

As I see it we are trying to move forward as a club. Full time or whatever rather than part time, proper training facilities and methods, dare I mention gps as part of a modern approach. We have to compete with some well resourced clubs with good budgets and better facilities. I said back in July that swapping the squad over to full time was a risk. Not so the Experts who were running around excited and expectant. Squads are built over time not in a month, Heath brought his squad with him JF couldn’t do that. We got off to a great start but played badly IMHO in most games during August.

I would just like us to build the club properly with a long term Manager, a coaching philosophy, a team on the field and off it. I still don’t know if that’s ever possible, but changing Managers every 6 to 12 months doesn’t work either, and I’ll never see the point in that.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking a fleas end of game clip on Facebook says it all 

the senior players, brown etc are what will get us over the line and keep us safe 

I would sack him now and install brown and the senior players to lead us to the end of the season 

and use the time to get a manager for the close season 

I don’t want a panick appointment now I want a proper search for the right guy and not just a pick from those who don’t have a job 

nick 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

I am usually the last one to be convinced that sacking the manager is the answer, so you can guess what way I’ve voted. The only exception was Kelly and I was probably one of the first to see he wasn’t right in so many ways.

I liked Heath. He had some problems with how he conducted himself, his interviews included many twitches and his mannerisms distracted you from what he was saying. His band of brothers weren’t world beaters but they stuck together and battled. I always believed he had the recipe for the Conf North and would get us out of it, it wasn’t pretty but neither are any of the other teams in that league, it is what it is. He seemed to run out of options in the Conference and just couldn’t find players to take us forward.

The arrival of JF I read the preachings of the Experts on here, how we had a modern coach with modern tactics and contacts in the FL to find the sort of players we needed. I was willing to overlook his odd interview style, like Heath but different. I couldn’t see much difference in style of play, we looked to attack with more pace perhaps but his set up was defensive like Heath. Of course those same Experts started to out JF in September, and the usual let’s change the Manager his 6 months are up.

As I see it we are trying to move forward as a club. Full time or whatever rather than part time, proper training facilities and methods, dare I mention gps as part of a modern approach. We have to compete with some well resourced clubs with good budgets and better facilities. I said back in July that swapping the squad over to full time was a risk. Not so the Experts who were running around excited and expectant. Squads are built over time not in a month, Heath brought his squad with him JF couldn’t do that. We got off to a great start but played badly IMHO in most games during August.

I would just like us to build the club properly with a long term Manager, a coaching philosophy, a team on the field and off it. I still don’t know if that’s ever possible, but changing Managers every 6 to 12 months doesn’t work either, and I’ll never see the point in that.

I totally agree with you particularly after some very poor managerial appointments but strangely enough this was being discussed last night on the tv re Chesea´s attitude to changing their manager and it was concluded by one of the experts say after all you just have to look at their trophy room.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have sacked him after Saturday but, after last night’s win,  I would give him 1 more game. A win against Havant would put us 8 points clear of the drop zone with 12 games left. That’s enough of a cushion (theoretically) to keep us up. The win would be enough for JF to remain in charge to the end of the season. 

Another dour 0-0 and that should be it. We need to start scoring goals, especially at home. A team with 2 sitting midfielders at home against a bottom 4 side is inexcusable. Bin Maher and put King or Edwards in from the start or he should be sacked.

A defeat would be the final straw. We know from last night that they can score so we’ll need to match them. Defeat = sack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have sacked him ages ago. Win on Saturday might save his skin until end of season, but it's obvious we're not going to be competitive with him as manager.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd honestly keep him. Though omitting Hanson from the squad is an extremely bizarre situation and needs sorting asap! 

He's half built the best defence in this league. Keep them together next season at this level and strengthen the midfield with proper midfielders and hopefully King is firing along with Tomlinson. 

Have a feeling we'll sign Quigley perminantly come pre season. 

As someone else has said in one of the topics give him 10 matches next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick said:

Looking a fleas end of game clip on Facebook says it all 

the senior players, brown etc are what will get us over the line and keep us safe 

I would sack him now and install brown and the senior players to lead us to the end of the season 

and use the time to get a manager for the close season 

I don’t want a panick appointment now I want a proper search for the right guy and not just a pick from those who don’t have a job 

nick 

Best idea on here at present for me.

Never agree with outing any Manager, but, now is the time to look towards next season. Keeping JF for a few more games will not save us the pay out or improve his relationship with any of the fans. I cannot think of 1 fan on here who now thinks he is right for us. Even those few who backed him changed their view last week. Just look at who we beat last night, Maidstone  rock bottom with one other team & still managed a better crowd that we would on a Tuesday night. JF has lost the fans with his weird tactics & poor dialogue with us, the paying fans. Our senior players would be just as likely to see us safe until the end of this season & would be given a lot of slack if things didn't improve. Also allowing the BOD to have a long hard look at what is required going forward to make sure that the next appointment is the right one.

Sorry Scott, enjoyed your input, but your friend has run his course. Its a no from me as of today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't advocate sacking managers for one moment. Even if JF keeps us up, I would not trust him with our players budget for next season based on some complete and utter duds he has signed - Odelusi, MCleod and the ones he has signed and has been reluctant to play - Staunton, King, Hanson and Ferry for one reason or another. His style of play and negative tactics are mind numbing. Full time training has been a disaster. Maybe a 'proper' full time model next season with better facilities will reap dividends but not with Mr negative in charge.In short he does not fill me with optimism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me Maher is a decent player .. he is just in the wrong position 

we have four good centre backs at the club, for two positions, hence the problem 

nick 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should always play a defensive midfielder, just don't see any point in trying to play two players in that position

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Chesterfield and Aldershot, he should have gone for me. I think last nights win has saved him for another game or two. I still want him out but it would be wrong to sack him after a win 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen a few people suggesting Brown should take over, I think people are underestimating how old he is - the guys only 28, I can’t see him being too keen to concentrate on management at this stage of his career.

If we did decide to let Fullarton go then as a short term appointment I’d be looking more to Aspin or even Collins to get us to the end of the season then reassess. The other internal candidate would be Clarke imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

I'd honestly keep him. Though omitting Hanson from the squad is an extremely bizarre situation and needs sorting asap! 

He's half built the best defence in this league. Keep them together next season at this level and strengthen the midfield with proper midfielders and hopefully King is firing along with Tomlinson. 

Have a feeling we'll sign Quigley perminantly come pre season. 

As someone else has said in one of the topics give him 10 matches next season. 

Problem is how do you sell season tickets when its been dour this season. Doubt your gonna get many takers at £300 a pop to see this standard again. At the end of the day people want some level of entertainment. 

I can't see a way he will be in charge next season personally 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep him and the lack of season ticket sales will mean an even cheaper squad which means another fight against relegation. 

Mr B won't dip into the money pot again after the standard of purchases this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you all seem to forget is Askey built that Macclesfield team over time they didn't pull up trees apart from maybe 1 season.

They were mid table throughout .

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a case of he is an inept manager or given time and gain a bit of experience he will improve , I would like to see a good result on Saturday and hopefully thereafter 12 games to see if he can show us what he can achieve , I have voted to give him the rest of the season and decide then , just stay up and go again with who in the dugout I honestly cannot decide .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some games we’ve looked good, other games poor. Depending on you colour glasses we have either won only 3 times in 28 or on the other hand we’ve got one of the best defenses in the league and have lost less games then teams in the play off places.

We are currently in a better position than we were at this time last season.  I’m not a JF lover, but their is so many agendas from fans it’s unbelievable. People say we have a tough run in, but our best performances have come against teams in the playoffs.

This whole season has just been plain weird. 

Come 46 games and we’ve finished 14th or so, with off the field progress(which has happened). Will this season be classed as success or failure by fans. As before the season most fans would have been happy with that....

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most fans happy with 14th? I do not believe so, only a small minority could be happy with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shaymen down under said:

...on the other hand we’ve got one of the best defenses in the league...

Aye, at the expense of attacking threat. When you've got four defenders and two defensive midfielders, and next to no forward intent outside of set pieces, you'd kinda expect to have a good defensive record.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Some games we’ve looked good, other games poor. Depending on you colour glasses we have either won only 3 times in 28 or on the other hand we’ve got one of the best defenses in the league and have lost less games then teams in the play off places.

We are currently in a better position than we were at this time last season.  I’m not a JF lover, but their is so many agendas from fans it’s unbelievable. People say we have a tough run in, but our best performances have come against teams in the playoffs.

This whole season has just been plain weird. 

Come 46 games and we’ve finished 14th or so, with off the field progress(which has happened). Will this season be classed as success or failure by fans. As before the season most fans would have been happy with that....

 

Would you be happy to shell out over £300 quid on a season ticket based on this seasons performance? 

 

Edited by Greggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0