Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HANSON AND SELLARS DROPPED FROM SQUAD

33 posts in this topic

My hubby's friend from work was at the game last night and said that Hanson and Sellars are both dropped from the first team! He is in the know at Osset FC and said something strange is going on with both players at Halifax. I find it a bit confusing considering we only signed Hanson  a few weeks ago, both players are not injured for sure so what is going on? we herd they might be moving to other clubs? does any one know?

Nikki X  

53 minutes ago, Nikki said:

My hubby's friend from work was at the game last night and said that Hanson and Sellars are both dropped from the first team! He is in the know at Osset FC and said something strange is going on with both players at Halifax. I find it a bit confusing considering we only signed Hanson  a few weeks ago, both players are not injured for sure so what is going on? we herd they might be moving to other clubs? does any one know?

Nikki X  

A contender for player of the season, Hanson. A very good young prospect, Fans really have a right to know what is going on but will be the last to know.

Fullarton said last week that he had 4 quality fullbacks and they were being played on a 'horses for courses' basis.

It did seem strange that Hanson was first choice every week and MOM most weeks and then when he signed was often overlooked.

If his statement was a lie last week then as many predicted the Q/A evenings are a total waste of time.

We would be bonkers to get rid of Hanson. Been the most consistent player we've had all season and still plenty of room to grow. 

Not a massive fan of Sellers. His passing is poor and sometimes holds onto the ball too much for my liking. 

If this is true which I doubt it is, but if it’s true then JF has made yet another joke of a decision of his disastrous season as manager! 

1 person likes this

His GPS might not be working

2 people like this

Might be being sold for a fee to help balance the books?

4 hours ago, Nikki said:

Nikki X  

He is quite right they have been dropped, that's the term used when you aren't involved in the first team! Obviously the conspiracy theory people have to have an agenda. 

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

He is quite right they have been dropped, that's the term used when you aren't involved in the first team! Obviously the conspiracy theory people have to have an agenda. 

Heaven forbid supporters talking amongst themselves. Some of you want cult-like levels of devotion to the club. It's actually quite scary.

Just now, Hoddie said:

Heaven forbid supporters talking amongst themselves. Some of you want cult-like levels of devotion to the club. It's actually quite scary.

Creating controvosy based on some bloody hear say nonsense at Ossett. Why they would know about the goings on behind the scenes at Halifax Town I don't know. But yes they aren't playing so they have been dropped 

3 people like this

9 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Creating controvosy based on some bloody hear say nonsense at Ossett. Why they would know about the goings on behind the scenes at Halifax Town I don't know. But yes they aren't playing so they have been dropped 

This is by no means the first time something like this has happened.

Duckworth atm should be playing via merit he's been solid although he doesn't have the attacking threat Hanson has same as Sellers is more attacking than Skarz.

Non stand out over the others.

If Clarke and Brown got dropped for Maher and Staunton at centre half then that may be a worry.

It seem you are just trying to pick faults for no reason now.

2 hours ago, Scot said:

Nonsense much like the ‘Cameron King will never play again’ thread

This is the kind of rumour that starts when a free week happens 

Why in the world would Town secure Hanson and then get him out ? :doh:

In fairness Scot Town were riding high and JF brought in Lineghan to displace Cameron King which precipitated a nose dive in form of Titanic proportions so who knows!

Having Duckworth at RB if Southwell RW makes sense given that Ducky holds his position better and Southwell doesn’t have to focus as much defensively. Hanson as RB with Southwell RW will leave us exposed defensively when Jabba goes forward imo. 

On 2/6/2019, 3:12:58, Nikki said:

Nikki X  

I have heard today that what you say is a load of rubbish and worse than that has created an issue at the club 

Proof that players and the club should take little notice of the ramblings posted on here

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Proof that players and the club should take little notice of the ramblings posted on here

The best statement   on this forum for years.

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I have heard today that what you say is a load of rubbish and worse than that has created an issue at the club 

So this rumour is fine and dandy, but the other rumour is scurrilous and uncalled for? Absolute bollox. What's said on here is no different to what's said on the terraces and amongst friends. I've had conversations about Town with complete strangers where much worse things were said (many of which turned out to be true). Rumours will abound. That's life, particularly in football - if rumours cause problems at the club then it shows they're not professional enough.

Edited by Hoddie
3 people like this

22 hours ago, Shergar4 said:

Having Duckworth at RB if Southwell RW makes sense given that Ducky holds his position better and Southwell doesn’t have to focus as much defensively. Hanson as RB with Southwell RW will leave us exposed defensively when Jabba goes forward imo. 

Why not try Hanson as a wing back?He is certainly quick enough.Southwell does absolutely nothing in that position.Saying that he has not done much all season.

Duckworth has the shirt and the team are doing ok is the reason why Hanson isn't playing nothing more nothing less in my opinion 

4 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Why not try Hanson as a wing back?He is certainly quick enough.Southwell does absolutely nothing in that position.Saying that he has not done much all season.

That's not possible because JF only plays 4-3-3 and doesn't know or wont change his formation