Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Great to see Salford top of the League!

26 posts in this topic

I thought that heading would grab your attention!

However I say great, not because I like Salford, but because I hate the shocking amount of money they are throwing around at non League level. They are completely skewing the lie of the land for "normal" non League clubs, due to the ridiculous money they are paying in transfer fees and wages, eg Rooney.

But I'm really glad to see them top, because I feel the sooner they go up to the Football League, the better, and we get rid of them from the non League scene.

3 people like this

8 minutes ago, oldskir said:

However I say great, not because I like Salford, but because I hate the shocking amount of money they are throwing around at non League level. They are completely skewing the lie of the land for "normal" non League clubs, due to the ridiculous money they are paying in transfer fees and wages, eg Rooney.

But I'm really glad to see them top, because I feel the sooner they go up to the Football League, the better, and we get rid of them from the non League scene.

so you are saying we are doomed to non league forever? 

1 person likes this

I certainly hope not.

Actually I would like to see some sensible financial investment come in to our club.

Bosomworth's fellow directors are no Spring chickens, isn't it time to enlarge the board by bringing in one or two younger members who would put some money in to the team?

Or David himself might reach in to his pocket. Get in to the Football League, and the huge tv money provides a massive financial benefit.

56 minutes ago, oldskir said:

I can see your point, although many "rich" clubs have tried to buy promotion none have been so outlandish 

15 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

On the other hand, the more bankrolled playthings thrive, the more other multi-millionaires are going to see bankrolling football clubs as effective. A litany of success stories from Fleetwood to Salford would provide a great portfolio for a potential investor to flick through. Next thing you know Yorkshire Amateur have renamed themselves AFC Leeds and are mullering us 5–0 at their new multi-purpose stadium in Potternewton, putting them top of the Huel National League North.

The FA needs an overhaul with Financial Fair Play tightening and applying to all levels of the pyramid, while extra money from on high to grassroots football and non-league cup competitors can help level the playing field. Then we've made a start.

Good post but the flaw in this argument is, how do clubs with 80 fans survive ? Never mind grow . Salford would still be the club with 3 fans that we slaughter every time we play them and can only attract players that are happy to pay to play for them

40 minutes ago, oldskir said:

I certainly hope not.

Actually I would like to see some sensible financial investment come in to our club.

Bosomworth's fellow directors are no Spring chickens, isn't it time to enlarge the board by bringing in one or two younger members who would put some money in to the team?

Or David himself might reach in to his pocket. Get in to the Football League, and the huge tv money provides a massive financial benefit.

Sensible, structured investment yes but that's a big gamble. 

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Good post but the flaw in this argument is, how do clubs with 80 fans survive ? Never mind grow . Salford would still be the club with 3 fans that we slaughter every time we play them and can only attract players that are happy to pay to play for them

How do you mean?

If Lim and the '92 leave Salford this evening, I'd expect their crowds to droop to about 1,200. The majority will have the bug. If they have to nearly double their admission to stay solvent, maybe 800. 

Clubs of that size or of 80 or so regulars tend to survive off the hands and minds of their volunteer fans, and for as long as they're allowed to, cheque to cheque, matchday to matchday.

Edited by Pliny Harris
2 people like this

If Salford don’t go up this year they’ll do it next year ! Get rid of them now cos if we were challlenging next season would rather Salford be out  of it 

6 minutes ago, Jmc said:

If Salford don’t go up this year they’ll do it next year ! Get rid of them now cos if we were challlenging next season would rather Salford be out  of it 

Sorry Jmc but someone else will take their place.

Billericay and Whitehawk await in the wings... 

Fylde are still here as are a few more. Some on social media while hammering Salford applaud Harrogate. Also bankrolled... 

19 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Fylde are still here as are a few more. Some on social media while hammering Salford applaud Harrogate. Also bankrolled... 

The risibly-sloganed, ‘Together we sail as one’ Billericay comedy roadshow is always seconds from derailment due to the ever-imminent, toys-out-of-the-pram volatility of their definitely-not-a-crook owner and sometime Assistant Manager. Didn’t Whitehawk’s balloon deflate a year or so back? Currently festering in mid-table in the Bostik Premier.

No idea. The point I was illustrating is as one leaves another simply takes it place 

Just now, Shaymen Stats said:

No idea. The point I was illustrating is as one leaves another simply takes it place 

That does seem to be the case.

48 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

How do you mean?

If Tan and the '92 leave Salford this evening, I'd expect their crowds to droop to about 1,200. The majority will have the bug. If they have to nearly double their admission to stay solvent, maybe 800. 

Clubs of that size or of 80 or so regulars tend to survive off the hands and minds of their volunteer fans, and for as long as they're allowed to, cheque to cheque, matchday to matchday.

Survive yes, show any ambition, questionable . An example could be Shaw Lane and others that have tried to bankroll on limited finances and no supporter network

3 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Survive yes, show any ambition, questionable . An example could be Shaw Lane and others that have tried to bankroll on limited finances and no supporter network

No tears wasted.

5 hours ago, Pliny Harris said:

How do you mean?

If Lim and the '92 leave Salford this evening, I'd expect their crowds to droop to about 1,200. The majority will have the bug. If they have to nearly double their admission to stay solvent, maybe 800. 

I think they would need to do more than that , this is now the FCUM protest club about protest club

17 hours ago, oldskir said:

I certainly hope not.

Do you believe there are investors knocking at our door 

i dont believe there has ever been and likely to be 

I am sure DB would welcome genuine interest from any serious investor 

nick 

Edited by Nick

19 minutes ago, Nick said:

Do you believe there are investors knocking at our door 

i dont never has been never likely to be 

I am sure DB would welcome genuine interest from any serious investor 

nick 

Hold the front page

£145m on Euromillions tomorrow

2 people like this

On 01/10/2018, 13:52:05, Shaymen Stats said:

Billericay have just signed Lafayette from Sutton on what sounds a big contract 

13 minutes ago, mj85 said:

Billericay have just signed Lafayette from Sutton on what sounds a big contract 

Absolute cancer to football 

On 01/10/2018, 12:31:22, Pliny Harris said:

On the other hand, the more bankrolled playthings thrive, the more other multi-millionaires are going to see bankrolling football clubs as effective. A litany of success stories from Fleetwood to Salford would provide a great portfolio for a potential investor to flick through. Next thing you know Yorkshire Amateur have renamed themselves AFC Leeds and are mullering us 5–0 at their new multi-purpose stadium in Potternewton, putting them top of the Huel National League North.

The FA needs an overhaul with Financial Fair Play tightening and applying to all levels of the pyramid, while extra money from on high to grassroots football and non-league cup competitors can help level the playing field. Then we've made a start.

BUT: Had the sale of Wembley gone through this week then the £600 m 'promised' to grassroots football would have meant Brighouse could get a free new league standard stadium built on the big industrial estate off Wakefield Rd. 

Whats your problem?

£600 million is nothing when spread across the base of the football pyramid in England and Wales. 

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

£600 million is nothing when spread across the base of the football pyramid in England and Wales. 

Especially when you know that £599,999,999 would go to Lining pockets at the top :angry:

1 person likes this