Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Modern Football

9 posts in this topic

Now you see how lucky we are, we really have nothing to complain about compared to this bunch

Does anyone remember the thriller against Newcastle BS? The ref disallowed their goal played on then he stopped play and gave the goal 

3 people like this

13 hours ago, AndyStafford said:

Tragically hilarious. I've been thinking about this video for the last two days non-stop, it's just perfect. The strange tiny-tots song choice, the slightly off lyrics, the CGI crowd, the fact that it clearly cost around the same as our club's annual budget to put together. 
It gives me a warm, comforting feeling to see Prem teams go through an identity crisis despite all their apparent success.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, olitheshayman said:

Tragically hilarious. I've been thinking about this video for the last two days non-stop, it's just perfect. The strange tiny-tots song choice, the slightly off lyrics, the CGI crowd, the fact that it clearly cost around the same as our club's annual budget to put together. 
It gives me a warm, comforting feeling to see Prem teams go through an identity crisis despite all their apparent success.

Designed for the Far East market and unfortunately probably absolutely spot on the money for it. Absolutely tragic when viewed from a UK fans' perspective. A sign of the times I suppose.

In the replies to the video on Twitter one fan made a comment about Maine Road, to which another (clearly Man City 'fantatic') replied "what?" - need I say more.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Designed for the Far East market and unfortunately probably absolutely spot on the money for it. Absolutely tragic when viewed from a UK fans' perspective. A sign of the times I suppose.

In the replies to the video on Twitter one fan made a comment about Maine Road, to which another (clearly Man City 'fantatic') replied "what?" - need I say more.

Far East and the rest of the world too. It's quite entertaining looking at the nonsense spouted by the global fans of the big Prem teams. Still, they watch the matches on the telly just like Man United fans in Cornwall, Liverpool fans in Kent, or Chelsea fans in Halifax do. I just don't know how people can ignore the fact that so little is really there physically and that they're essentially following a soap opera, even if it is one of the greatest ones in the world.

It makes you glad to have an appreciation for your local club that you can go down to most weeks, though that's not to say that the general experience of going to the Shay is entirely free of symptoms of this sort of alienation.

I liked the comment about the forthcoming  "Wheels On The Bus" parade through Manchester.