Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dagenham Tuesday.

214 posts in this topic

What are the chances of it being on when the fat squatters mess up soaking pitch tomorrow.

Hope its on , they lost 4-0 at home today so good time to play them and a win would almost guarantee safety , funny how things can change so quickly , all the results went our way , Solihull occupy 4th bottom that's all we need to worry about 3 more points clear of them if the gap is 11 points on Tuesday we can look forward to another season in the National League .

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, monk said:

Hope its on , they lost 4-0 at home today so good time to play them and a win would almost guarantee safety , funny how things can change so quickly , all the results went our way , Solihull occupy 4th bottom that's all we need to worry about 3 more points clear of them if the gap is 11 points on Tuesday we can look forward to another season in the National League .

Still 30 points to play for and Macc 29 ahead , we could win the league yet :lol:

3 people like this

33 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Still 30 points to play for and Macc 29 ahead , we could win the league yet :lol:

Only 18points off the playoffs!! Let’s just stay up first.  Six points from the next two games is attainable which would put us on 48 with 8 games left. I would then feel that we were as good as safe. Let’s hope they deliver.

Beat or draw with  Dagenham and beat Guiseley and we are safe imo. Then just pick up a point here or there from the remaining games 

3 of the last 4 are cooked.

Guiseley have 10 games to go and play us, Torquay, Orient,Hartlepool, Solihull,Barrow and Wokinhg and have to get 25 more points to get to 50 points.

Torquay have 10 games to play and play Orient, Guiseley, Solihull, Chester, Woking, us and Hartlepool and need 23 points.

Chester have 10 games to play and play a lot more top 10 teams who are fighting for promotion and  need 20 points.

Solihull have 11 games to play Torquay, Hartlepool, Maidstone and Guiseley as well Gateshead next and need 16 points.

There are numerous 6 pointer games in that and probably a few draws.

Between us and those 4 teams are Barrow who need 14 points from 12 games, Hartlepool 12 points from 10 games and Maidstone who need 8 points from 10 games who also play each other.

Just above on 43 points are Woking on 43 points with only 9 games to go and Orient with 43 points from 10 games to go.

All teams named have negative goal difference.

My guestimate is that perhaps Solihull has the best chance to escape the bottom 4.

2 people like this

And in totally news and I have no where to place it, Harrogate won 6 - 0 to got to top of the table on goal difference with Salford both teams equal on games.

Incidentally Accrington who some on here compare our club to in terms of gates and size of club have today toppled Luton off the top of League Two. Something to aspire to?

2 people like this

12 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Incidentally Accrington who some on here compare our club to in terms of gates and size of club have today toppled Luton off the top of League Two. Something to aspire to?

We are probably a bigger club than Accrington. If we were in a similar position I think our attendances would be higher.  

What a fantastic season they are having and it's looking like League One next season for them.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, royals1922 said:

3 of the last 4 are cooked.

Guiseley have 10 games to go and play us, Torquay, Orient,Hartlepool, Solihull,Barrow and Wokinhg and have to get 25 more points to get to 50 points.

Torquay have 10 games to play and play Orient, Guiseley, Solihull, Chester, Woking, us and Hartlepool and need 23 points.

Chester have 10 games to play and play a lot more top 10 teams who are fighting for promotion and  need 20 points.

Solihull have 11 games to play Torquay, Hartlepool, Maidstone and Guiseley as well Gateshead next and need 16 points.

There are numerous 6 pointer games in that and probably a few draws.

Between us and those 4 teams are Barrow who need 14 points from 12 games, Hartlepool 12 points from 10 games and Maidstone who need 8 points from 10 games who also play each other.

Just above on 43 points are Woking on 43 points with only 9 games to go and Orient with 43 points from 10 games to go.

All teams named have negative goal difference.

My guestimate is that perhaps Solihull has the best chance to escape the bottom 4.

Phew..do you ever go out....good work Mr Stato :)

3 hours ago, royals1922 said:

And in totally news and I have no where to place it, Harrogate won 6 - 0 to got to top of the table on goal difference with Salford both teams equal on games.

Strange game, FCUM were never in it, couldn't do a thing right and no shots on goal,  wasn't until I was leaving the ground that I realised how much they must hate Salford, sort of performance you'd normally save for last game of the season . Also felt sorry for George Thompson, he wanted man of the match but was embarrassed to score three against his old team

9 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Brilliant achievement 

Let hope we don’t do a typical halifax 

fail to turn up on Tuesday, play awfully and lose 1-0 

for once let’s build on yesterday’s win with another 

nick 

8 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Strange game, FCUM were never in it, couldn't do a thing right and no shots on goal,  wasn't until I was leaving the ground that I realised how much they must hate Salford, sort of performance you'd normally save for last game of the season . Also felt sorry for George Thompson, he wanted man of the match but was embarrassed to score three against his old team

How did Danny Racchi play? 

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Definitely. Clubs like Accrington and Rochdale show what is possible for a club our size (or smaller) without a multi millionaire owner. 

When Accrington went up in 2006 I was sure they'd be down again within a season or two. 

Edited by never_shay_die
1 person likes this

A club much much smaller than ourselves equally say the same a bout Burton , look at what can be achieved 

36 minutes ago, AFC Halifax said:

How did Danny Racchi play? 

Late sub when the game was long lost . Tried some decent long balls but FC had poor movement all afternoon, his short passing was good enough but he's looking a bit overweight . Picked up an early booking for a nasty late challenge and should have walked for an off the ball bit of afters

1 hour ago, Jmc said:

A club much much smaller than ourselves equally say the same a bout Burton , look at what can be achieved 

Aye, Accrington were said to have the smallest budget in the entire football league on goal rush this morning. 

6 hours ago, Jmc said:

Can't say I like Burton being brought into the 'small club doing well with no money' debate. They had a lot of money to work with after taking United to a replay.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Can't say I like Burton being brought into the 'small club doing well with no money' debate. They had a lot of money to work with after taking United to a replay.

They did it through football though and not money thrown at it

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Burton, having lived very near there for 5/6 years. What they achieved getting into the Championship is nothing short of incredible. True, they got a load of money from the Man United cup tie all those years ago, but money doesn't mean you'll instantly get promoted. They still had to work hard and then spent a lot of time languishing at the bottom of L2 and narrowly avoiding relegation before things just clicked for them. They are still a relatively small club in a small-ish area, with quite a few 'big' clubs nearby with Derby, Nottingham Forest, County to a lesser extent, and Leicester, Birmingham, Stoke, Wolves, all around an hour away at most. If we can aim to emulate them and what they did football wise I think we'll do ok.

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

Getting money from lucrative cup ties and selling players is all part of football. Having someone who has endless wealth is very very different. 

We’ve done really well since Heath left. As above I hope we don’t do a typical halifax and lose the next two games. 

Weve been playing well and confidence should be high. 

I remember when we went down last time people said we will be safe as we had the easiest running and look what happened. 

Guiseley and Solihull especially are two games we have to 100% win. 

My view is that financially it is easier for small clubs to compete in the FL now than at anytime in last forty years. Since the explosion of Sky funding in last couple of seasons the % of income all clubs take from gate money and commercial activities has reduced. This means that although big clubs have bigger gates often their fixed expenses are also greater, a larger stadium and related match day costs. So that the income from gate receipts covers a similar % of total expenses. The Sky money is the same whether you are a big or small club, so that covers a bigger % of a small clubs total expenditure.

6 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

We’ve done really well since Heath left. As above I hope we don’t do a typical halifax and lose the next two games. 

Weve been playing well and confidence should be high. 

I remember when we went down last time people said we will be safe as we had the easiest running and look what happened. 

Guiseley and Solihull especially are two games we have to 100% win. 

Let's not forget we had the trio of Nicky Wroe, Hamza Bencherif and Kingsley James 2 season ago. Had they had the heart of a Danny Clarke, Scott Garner and Nathan Hotte we would have stopped up. 

2 people like this