Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Woking Thread

169 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Feeling a good win today. Fullarton had plenty of time with the team to get them to play how he will want them to play in training and the players seem to like him and his style of play. 

Woking are not really in good form and although we ain’t won there since 07/08 I don’t think, I believe we will win today. 

A decent signing made this week and maybe a couple more new faces  before today’s game. 

Woking 1-3 Halifax Tuton, Kosylo and Brown 

Edited by TJAshton
2 people like this

Up and on me way to Benidorm, via Woking and Gatwick airport, great planning that. Big win today eases the pressure a bit, hoping for a nice comfortable 2/3-0 but will settle for a nail biting 1-0 with an improved performance on what we’re used to. C’mon Town

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Like everyone else hoping for a win 

would like to see Tuton finely show his potential, maybe Fullarton is the man to bring back out of him his true potential 

applause to all those who are travelling to the game, whether you are SDS or doing the full round trip , give an extra shout 

nick 

Edited by Nick

I doubt we'll win comfortably. Woking will be up for this and wary of letting us get within one point of them and so i expect they will make it hard for us. Will they be game for a draw or will they go for the win? After a string of disappointing results rivaling ours I predict the latter, but we'll see how this develops in the match.

Let's be honest, we're excited because we don't really know what to expect. It is still the same squad of players with roughly the same availability of options and systems to play. I'm encouraged by the noises coming from our camp cos it seems to indicate that the players are motivated to right their wrongs that led to Heath 'leaving by mutual consent', and respect the new manager.

I have confidence in our defence after a spell of good clean sheets. Our midfield has been better at protecting the defence this season than it has been in assisting the attack. How will Fullarton deal with this? We've been due a good attacking performance for some time- since the Chester game to be exact, so I'll be delighted if Kosylo, Tuton, Tomlinson, or Fondop-Talom bag a goal from open play.
A win's a win's a win, so just give me 1-0 to the Shaymen a la Aldershot away, please.

1 person likes this

dont think there will be much change to be honest, its a draw/loss from me im afraid! 

I’ll settle for any sequence of results that keeps the same distance to 4th bottom . Saying that next 4 games are huge and could just about see us safe 

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

I doubt we'll win comfortably. Woking will be up for this and wary of letting us get within one point of them and so i expect they will make it hard for us. Will they be game for a draw or will they go for the win? After a string of disappointing results rivaling ours I predict the latter, but we'll see how this develops in the match.

Let's be honest, we're excited because we don't really know what to expect. It is still the same squad of players with roughly the same availability of options and systems to play. I'm encouraged by the noises coming from our camp cos it seems to indicate that the players are motivated to right their wrongs that led to Heath 'leaving by mutual consent', and respect the new manager.

I have confidence in our defence after a spell of good clean sheets. Our midfield has been better at protecting the defence this season than it has been in assisting the attack. How will Fullarton deal with this? We've been due a good attacking performance for some time- since the Chester game to be exact, so I'll be delighted if Kosylo, Tuton, Tomlinson, or Fondop-Talom bag a goal from open play.
A win's a win's a win, so just give me 1-0 to the Shaymen a la Aldershot away, please.

Well it won’t be the same. We’ve added two new players to the team, dropped Denton and our style of play has changed a little. I think you’re going to see atleast one new signing before the game today so I doubt it will be the same team. 

Woking won’t be easy I know but today is one of very little games I believe we will win. 

Id take a draw but we have to win this one 

Not sure we have to win this one it would be good obviously but looking at the games involving the clubs around us a draw today would not be a  bad result as long as we back it up with all three points on Tuesday.

Tough game today, not won there in a decade, good performance is important, if that brings a win, or even a draw, I'd be happy.

Avoid defeat would be a good starting point, nick a win and we’ll walking in Fullarton Wonderland!

1 person likes this

I think we’ll get something today. Woking are in poor form, Fullarton has had time to work with the players. I’m going for a closely fought 1-1 draw.

45 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Avoid defeat would be a good starting point, nick a win and we’ll walking in Fullarton Wonderland!

You're starting to sound like Billy 'Bloody' Heath

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Well it won’t be the same. We’ve added two new players to the team, dropped Denton and our style of play has changed a little. I think you’re going to see atleast one new signing before the game today so I doubt it will be the same team. 

Woking won’t be easy I know but today is one of very little games I believe we will win. 

Id take a draw but we have to win this one 

Glad I sat on the fence there! The two new signings change everything. Hanley I guess will be a left-winger despite historically playing at left-back, and Thomson a right midfielder. if these guys go straight in then expect Denton to start too as the target for these guys' crosses into the box. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Jmc said:

I’ll settle for any sequence of results that keeps the same distance to 4th bottom . Saying that next 4 games are huge and could just about see us safe 

Away end at Guiseley is sure gonna be cosy next Saturday.

7 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

Two new signings added to squad..

9 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

Glad I sat on the fence there! The two new signings change everything. Hanley I guess will be a left-winger despite historically playing at left-back, and Thomson a right midfielder. if these guys go straight in then expect Denton to start too as the target for these guys' crosses into the box. 

Told you. Both sound decent especially Thomson. 

Not that it means ought but look far more professional in the warm up today

Glad my post about Maher joining ended up being right.

Maher and Fondop-Talon start, Hanley and Thomson on the bench

Really like the look of this team at the moment. We actually have some quality on the bench for the first time this season. 

Just hope he and the new team can prove that they’re good enough and can get the win today. 

23 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Really like the look of this team at the moment. We actually have some quality on the bench for the first time this season. 

Just hope he and the new team can prove that they’re good enough and can get the win today. 

Still playing one up front though! How do you like them apples?

Danny Rowe scores a hat-trick for Fylde  in the first 20 mins! 

17 minutes ago, Shaymen0 said:

Still playing one up front though! How do you like them apples?

Thought it would be 4-3-3?

Posted (edited)

Goal ! Penalty kosylo 0-1 Town !!

Edited by Scot
1 person likes this