• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I REALLY hope this game gets called off. Two reasons. 1. Will help some of our injured players get fit(Hyde,Williams) 2. It will really get on Hartlepools back up. Which would make me laugh

He hasn't been abusive at all, just a little silly, even self-deprecating. Football is about being partisan, we should feel able to enjoy a bit of light-hearted banter with opposition supporters. I fi

Easy to mistake snot rags for thermal covers , a bit similar to mistaking a monkey for a French Spy.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

Happy Days.....much preferred it to the big pool in the Town Centre

Is that the one up by college? Some people never believe that there was a baths up there, even though I thought it was quite well known in the area. Did canoeing and all sorts up there. In fact, it's where I learned that I was more of a lazy bastard than an athlete of any kind.

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Is that the one up by college? Some people never believe that there was a baths up there, even though I thought it was quite well known in the area. Did canoeing and all sorts up there. In fact, it's where I learned that I was more of a lazy bastard than an athlete of any kind.

If it's the Woodside I'm thinking of that is below Boothtown/near Bankfield Museum and Calderdale College is on Francis Street more Pellon way? 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

It was up Boothtown Road. The one you mean was next to Peoples Park, you had to go there to do your Elementary swimming badge, which included diving for the "Brick". All before they built the shiny one in Town.

As Stats says, it was a day out for us, we, younger brother and sister about 6-9 year olds,  used to walk from Furness Drive, do the swimming, go to Bankfield Museum to look at the Duke of Boots display and then call at my Big Sisters house for some dandelion and burdock and a bag of crisps before the trek back up Ovenden Way....not a bus was used at any point in the journey.

They also had slipper baths which were built for those who had no bathroom in their houses. The changing rooms with the Saloon Bar doors were brill.

There is a similar baths in Leeds, Bramley Baths, which is now listed building and a Community Hub.

28 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

For 20 years i taught canoeing at Park road. wonder if I taught you.

3 hours ago, Shaymen0 said:

I REALLY hope this game gets called off. Two reasons.

1. Will help some of our injured players get fit(Hyde,Williams)

2. It will really get on Hartlepools back up. Which would make me laugh a lot 

You know getting Hyde back doesn't mean we will win. It's just as likely to work against us than it is for us 

45 minutes ago, Bradley said:

For 20 years i taught canoeing at Park road. wonder if I taught you.

I don't remember who taught us if I'm honest, it was so long ago. My mate and I stopped going because they wanted to go down Elland canal basin and continue the lessons there. We used to muck about in the canal as kids and it was the last place we wanted to go back to!

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Think that one was called park view near holy trinity juniors

I was at Parkinson Lane Junior School in the sixties and we used to go up to Warley Road school baths after school once a week (they were very small). We also used to go to the baths at Ostler School (Battinson Road). I remember Mr Berry at Park Road and diving for the brick!  In the holidays we sometimes went to Woodside baths in Boothtown. Happy days!!

2 hours ago, shaykehands said:

Yeah.  Park Baths. 

I used to use Woodside pool on Friday evenings.  The odd taste in the water is now known with @eddieusing it after school.

That odd taste of water was so you could get used to drinking real ale and does anyone remember the balcony round the top with a hole in the floor above cubicle number 6 on the girls side .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A lot of the schools back in the 60's had baths. I went to Ackroyd Place and had my first swimming lessons there. Shame they never kept them but I suppose the upkeep was too much in the end.