Telford have terminated James Hardys contract to allow him to join a national league club. 

He’s been with us before and he was a good player and a brilliant player at Fylde. 

Maybe he’s coming to us 

• Like 3
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would suggest we stick with what we have until such time our board decide they want or need to sell. The years they have been at the helm are the most financially stable the club have known.

Telford have terminated James Hardys contract to allow him to join a national league club.  He’s been with us before and he was a good player and a brilliant player at Fylde.  Maybe he’s com

He was at Telford, they were 14th in the league below us, if we want to get in the play offs we need better than James Hardy. Thankfully our supporters are not in charge of player recruitment giv

13 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Telford have terminated James Hardys contract to allow him to join a national league club. 

He’s been with us before and he was a good player and a brilliant player at Fylde. 

Maybe he’s coming to us 

Bound to be Chesterfield 🙂

9 minutes ago, SHAY man 2 said:

Hopefully, can't see him going to Chesterfield, although God knows 

Why not think they are going for the ton re their squad & enter the Guinness book of records for furloughed players.

He was clearly a decent player for us but not sure he's what we need right now. We've got Earing in that role, do we really need another attacking midfielder? He might be a good option to rotate Earing with during the run in. Earing will struggle to play week in week out and we don't really have another option in that role with Green currently required in the deeper role during Summerfield and Woods absence.

I'd say we need a deep lying playmaker in the mould of Summerfield more than anything at this moment in time. Green and to a lesser extent Woods are grafters but don't really play good passes that cut through other teams. We've really missed Summerfields composure imo. Despite the win today, there were times we could have just done with keeping possession rather than punting it aimlessley upfield

Edited by AJS
  • Like 1

Hardy would be a good fit. Playmaker who can put a shift in. He made a huge difference when he played for us before and he will have better more skilful players around him which would help his game enormously. Would also take pressure off Earring and also give him competition for his spot which I think he needs.

1 minute ago, shaymenRup said:

Hardy would be a good fit. Playmaker who can put a shift in. He made a huge difference when he played for us before and he will have better more skilful players around him which would help his game enormously. Would also take pressure off Earring and also give him competition for his spot which I think he needs.

Thats not the area of the midfield that needs an addition. In my opinion we need a box to box midfielder that can dictate games. That would then leave Earing and Green to fight it out for the No.10 spot, both bring different qualities to that role 

Neither Green or Woods are particularly creative. Albeit I agree Green can play well in the role behind the frontman/men .

He might be small, but I wouldn’t class him as lightweight. Not the sort of player we should ignore if available and within our budget. He can certainly replicate Summerfields cross field passing, but maybe not his industry.

2 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

He may have a job and doesn't want full time football

He might but he's been full time once before and I'd assume given his age its something he would want to get back to in the future 

Edited by Greggs

Thought he did well for us & would have been happy if we had signed him at the time, now not sure he would be the player we need. Plus he has not pulled any trees up in the last couple of seasons, possible National North his level.

15 minutes ago, Greggs said:

He might but he's been full time once before and I'd assume given his age its something he would want to get back to in the future 

Or maybe makes more money part time