3 hours ago, Hoddie said:

There have been times this season when we have been justified in doubting the manager. One great result does not forgive all the crap performances we've witnessed.

True. One noted scribe on here had the team that lost at Barnet in the 'worst players to have played for the club' thread, now claims he never doubted Wild!

• Haha 1
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Flea - all the years I have watched us that has been the case, odd season excepted,  and I first saw them in '68. We can sink to anyones level without drawing breath. But thats why we believe and supp

Sadly proved wrong. What a performance what a manager!!! Against the odds and they do it!!!

What Hyde also brings is his experience. I loved watching him instructing the younger players what to do, where to go in the last 10 mins. We had a free kick on the edge of Torquay's box with a couple

3 hours ago, Hoddie said:

There have been times this season when we have been justified in doubting the manager. One great result does not forgive all the crap performances we've witnessed.

Very true! It is never as black or white as you think. Some must be on a right roller coaster thinking we are the worst team ever one week and thinking we have arrived' the next. 'PW overall is doing ok in my book given the injuries we have had this season, but for some to be implying that he will be in high demand by other clubs I just don't see it yet myself. Maybe in a year or two if he achieves something but so far he has an ok record in management, nothing more. Do I think he is doing a decent job yes, and it does have to be said this season he certainly has had his hands tied in the injuries we have had up front. 

1 minute ago, Shaamen said:

Very true! It is never as black or white as you think. Some must be on a right roller coaster thinking we are the worst team ever one week and thinking we have arrived' the next. 'PW overall is doing ok in my book given the injuries we have had this season, but for some to be implying that he will be in high demand by other clubs I just don't see it yet myself. Maybe in a year or two if he achieves something but so far he has an ok record in management, nothing more. Do I think he is doing a decent job yes, and it does have to be said this season he certainly has had his hands tied in the injuries we have had up front. 

I still think his signing are a bit suspect the stand out one Danns I was just gob smacked along with several others.

In terms of our budget and luck with injuries, Pete Wild has done a very good job since the day he set foot in the door and has established a club seen as one to be challenging at the tight end of the table not the wrong one. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I still think his signing are a bit suspect the stand out one Danns I was just gob smacked along with several others.

Yeah, but hang on Steve!!!! On paper Danns was a good signing, everyone on here that had heard of him were pretty much delighted when he signed. Sadly it just didnt work out, and its down to this stupid contractual stuff that we got lumbered with him for as long as we did. I bet there was nobody more disappointed than PW. But I can think of several recent loans or temp signings that were just as bad if not worse!!!

17 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Yeah, but hang on Steve!!!! On paper Danns was a good signing, everyone on here that had heard of him were pretty much delighted when he signed. Sadly it just didnt work out, and its down to this stupid contractual stuff that we got lumbered with him for as long as we did. I bet there was nobody more disappointed than PW. But I can think of several recent loans or temp signings that were just as bad if not worse!!!

Got to agree with Steve on this one. It wasn’t hindsight to see that the squad didn’t need a fourth holding midfielder, the reason given for letting him go.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

I slated the signing on the day we signed him age recovering from Covid a recipe for disaster. He´s not the only one dare I mention Lazarus. I am absolutely against signing old injured players, look into Redshaw last season value for money certainly not. We have a history from which you would think we would learn.

6 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Every manager signs a few duds. Danny’s looked like he was going to be the level headed, experienced player we needed but it didn’t pan out that way. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Every manager signs a few duds. Danny’s looked like he was going to be the level headed, experienced player we needed but it didn’t pan out that way. 

Riccardo the guy was 38 playing in the hardest position in a team recovering from covid along with Lazarus, Stenson, and whoever else injured, plus the last thing we needed at that point in time was  a MF player we needed a striker and still do.

Opinions make the world go round. 

Wild will never get it right all the time, who does? 

I had us down to lose but doesnt mean i didnt support them or encourage. If it was a bet i would have put my money on Torquay with the law of probability, Simple as. 

I still wanted them to win and i didnt tweet or give them grief about it on social media or here. 

Hindsight is a great thing and nobody likes a smarty pants. 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Opinions make the world go round. 

Wild will never get it right all the time, who does? 

I had us down to lose but doesnt mean i didnt support them or encourage. If it was a bet i would have put my money on Torquay with the law of probability, Simple as. 

I still wanted them to win and i didnt tweet or give them grief about it on social media or here. 

Hindsight is a great thing and nobody likes a smarty pants. 

Not hindsight Icke just looked at age , illness, position he played and our history with such players, I have never backed against our team and only ever called for 1 manager to be sack as it was obvious he was out of his depth.

• Like 1
Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Not hindsight Icke just looked at age , illness, position he played and our history with such players, I have never backed against our team and only ever called for 1 manager to be sack as it was obvious he was out of his depth.

I was referring to us beating Torquay. Not Danns! Ha. 

I doubted us, but it was with good reason. I will exoext a win where we dont. That's just footy. 

If we all got it right we would be very rich either betting ir in the actual job! 

• Like 1

Thing is Pete has a low budget and is trying to recruit quality players. Thus means your looking at players usually tryi ng to get back in the game after being  out for what ever reason. Its paid off with Jeff King Danny Williams and Martin Woods but not with Danns and Noble Lazarus you win some you lose some.

27 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

Thing is Pete has a low budget and is trying to recruit quality players. Thus means your looking at players usually tryi ng to get back in the game after being  out for what ever reason. Its paid off with Jeff King Danny Williams and Martin Woods but not with Danns and Noble Lazarus you win some you lose some.

So you would sign Danns 38,illness, midfield player  wow

56 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

Thought Jeff King & Danny Williams were trialling at the club before PW took over.

3 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Key to the rest of the season is Jake Hyde.

Get him fit and scoring goals we could have a lot of fun. We create chances, we are currently 2nd highest scorers, and we have a proven goal scorer with half the season left who in effect hasn’t had a decent run for us so far.

Been saying that now for half the season.  Hyde Stenson the knackered twins

10 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Clarke invited them back after JF told them there was no deal, I was told 

I new they were there before PW and how someone can put them in the same sentence as Danns being risky players to sign I´ll never know.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote