• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Flea - all the years I have watched us that has been the case, odd season excepted,  and I first saw them in '68. We can sink to anyones level without drawing breath. But thats why we believe and supp

Sadly proved wrong. What a performance what a manager!!! Against the odds and they do it!!!

What Hyde also brings is his experience. I loved watching him instructing the younger players what to do, where to go in the last 10 mins. We had a free kick on the edge of Torquay's box with a couple

Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

Sadly proved wrong. What a performance what a manager!!! Against the odds and they do it!!!

You’re one of the biggest doubters of Wild and Jeff king etc.

Jeff king for me has been our player of the season followed by summerfield who have both been outstanding. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

You’re one of the biggest doubters of Wild and Jeff king etc.

Jeff king for me has been our player of the season followed by summerfield who have both been outstanding. 

Doubted Pete at one stage last season and that was quickly dispelled, never doubted King mate. Stood out on the pre season at Oldham when I first saw him

Don't write us off yet I'm not I believe in pw..we have had loads of injuries and still loads a games left to play we can still get to playoffs easily..for all those who played football and managed should know that you can lose to the bottom of the league and then beat the top of the league..that's football

I am a doubter because never in a million trillion years can a side be so shite and then so good in the space of 4 days , I said after Tuesday than we will take inconsistency to a level never been invented and beat Torquay , well there you go I was right.

That’s what being a football fans all about , lose to the bottom of the league sack the manager , win at top of the league extend his contract , next season will be the one he really makes his mark I reckon 

4 minutes ago, Jmc said:

That’s what being a football fans all about , lose to the bottom of the league sack the manager , win at top of the league extend his contract , next season will be the one he really makes his mark I reckon 

DB has to get him under contract, clubs will be watching 

During the second half when they went 2-1 up , commentators were going on about Gary Johnson being in management since 1986 and I couldn't help think about how we have gone down the young , inexperienced route and would we be better with a manager with more experience and more contacts in the game , money dictates the likes of Ronnie Moore have been mentioned when the job becomes available but we have gone for cheaper options like Fullerton and now Wild .

Then at Full time I thought what a great young , hungry manager who lives and breathes football we have .

Pete Wild has and will be a perfect fit for this club. A young studious ambitious manager and for once, this one knows what he’s doing. Low budget and constantly batting above our average. The only think that’s held us back this year is injuries.

• Like 1

Definitely looking at some players from NLN who might be interested in playing out the season with us. There's a possibility of getting them on a short term deal, maybe a loan, while their league isn't playing. Clubs may not be willing to let them go permanently, but if we cover the wages then it may be preferable to putting them on furlough.

This team is so frustrating. One game we are fantastic, the next we are shambolic. 

I was expecting a bit of a tanking tonight in truth, even more so when we saw how few players we had - and the bench was of great concern. However that was as solid a performance (Away to the league leaders lets not forget) that you will see. 

I feel Torquay were very lucky to have two by the end of the game. Bar the pens they were no threat what so ever. 

Chalk and cheese compared to Tuesday night when it looked like (other than King) no one had played with each other before or knew what to do. It is frustrating as if we could cut those sorts of performances out we would be challenging for the title. Imagine if we had won the easy game in midweek - we would be sitting pretty right about now.