Just now, Greggs said:

The regular inspections say to me the pitch is struggling. 

Not to mention this will be the 2nd game in 2 weeks a game has been postponed after everyone has already arrived. 

Or the regular inspections say that they want to do everything they can just in case something changes. If they just did an inspection at 1pm and left it at that for it to be called off they'd get criticised. They can't win either way. Anyway, what are they supposed to do if the pitch is playable at the time of inspection? That's all it can be judged on. They can't make a call depending on what may or may not happen. All they can do is say it's suitable at the time.

• Like 2
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many on here actually watched last nights game.  The state of the pitch is a great leveller how do you think we beat Manchester City. Last night we actually played some decent football  consi

Disappointing result last night but I think there have been some over reactions. At times I thought we played some decent stuff, scored a good goal and could have had 3 or more with better finishing a

Loved this result, well done Southport, but it was to be expected when coming up against the minnows of halifax. The bottom line is, halifax were terrified of Southport even before a ball was kic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Greggs said:

The regular inspections say to me the pitch is struggling. 

Not to mention this will be the 2nd game in 2 weeks a game has been postponed after everyone has already arrived. 

If the match referee passes it at 5:20 and something changes later then the club can not be blamed

• Like 3
1 minute ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

At this rate the website will crash with everyone trying to purchase streaming at the same time

Surely people will be smart enough to wait until close to kick off

4 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

If the match referee passes it at 5:20 and something changes later then the club can not be blamed

TBF I am struggling to see how the club could be blamed through any of this in the past 24/48 hours. They have done everything possible and in their power to get this game on, or to have back ups and back ups to back ups to get it played ASAP. 

• Like 1
Just now, Greggs said:

Would this game be on if it was a normal league game? Both clubs under pressure to get this game played or lose out on some much needed funds 

Puts Saturday s game in doubt....but heyho..... Come on Town....