We will be lucky if played

PW´s possible team

Sam

Byrne-Maher-Bradbury

King-Williams

Summerfield-Wood-Earing

Mansell-Green

Subs Belehouan-Senior-Allen-Tear-Harrison Davidson-Hale -Possibly 2 youngsters.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many on here actually watched last nights game.  The state of the pitch is a great leveller how do you think we beat Manchester City. Last night we actually played some decent football  consi

Disappointing result last night but I think there have been some over reactions. At times I thought we played some decent stuff, scored a good goal and could have had 3 or more with better finishing a

Loved this result, well done Southport, but it was to be expected when coming up against the minnows of halifax. The bottom line is, halifax were terrified of Southport even before a ball was kic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Hope for an early rearrangement to Wednesday so we aren't pissing Southport about and have BPA available on stand by for a last minute switch of venue . The problem with heavy rain is the lateness of postponement if the ref doesn't fancy it

What´s the weather like now WB?

3 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

We will be lucky if played

PW´s possible team

Sam

Byrne-Maher-Bradbury

King-Williams

Summerfield-Wood-Earing

Mansell-Green

Subs Belehouan-Senior-Allen-Tear-Harrison Davidson-Hale -Possibly 2 youngsters.

I dont think the game will get played, but if it does go ahead then I dont really disagree with you selection except to say I think the new lad Tahvon Campbell will start and the other MAJOR change I would make would be to bring Davidson Hale in and put Sam on the bench. We have to see what this lad can do, and I'd rather see him now than in a crucial league match where we have no knowledge of whether we can confidentley rely on him, and I feel that PW really needs to be knowing that as well otherwise as I keep rattling on about, what is the point of him sitting on the bench game after game?? Also, might not be to bad to put some pressure on Sam, in a good way of course.

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

I dont think the game will get played, but if it does go ahead then I dont really disagree with you selection except to say I think the new lad Tahvon Campbell will start and the other MAJOR change I would make would be to bring Davidson Hale in and put Sam on the bench. We have to see what this lad can do, and I'd rather see him now than in a crucial league match where we have no knowledge of whether we can confidentley rely on him, and I feel that PW really needs to be knowing that as well otherwise as I keep rattling on about, what is the point of him sitting on the bench game after game?? Also, might not be to bad to put some pressure on Sam, in a good way of course.

Is the new lad cup tied?

19 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

New lad is cup tied and I personally would not have a sub keeper but I know it´s useless naming a team without him as PW will put him on the bench although I hear he is not good enough.

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

New lad is cup tied and I personally would not have a sub keeper but I know it´s useless naming a team without him as PW will put him on the bench although I hear he is not good enough.

Well you know my thoughts on the sub keeper situation so if what you say is the case, then what is the point in retaining the lads services?? He may not be on big money (by our standards), but every penny counts. The young lad we had last season, Appleyard gave a decent account of himself in the two WRCC games but would I have put him into a league match, not a chance. This having a 2nd keeper just because is a complete waste of time. And then to look on the club website and see that we have a new Goalkeeping coach, what the hell for??

2 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Well you know my thoughts on the sub keeper situation so if what you say is the case, then what is the point in retaining the lads services?? He may not be on big money (by our standards), but every penny counts. The young lad we had last season, Appleyard gave a decent account of himself in the two WRCC games but would I have put him into a league match, not a chance. This having a 2nd keeper just because is a complete waste of time. And then to look on the club website and see that we have a new Goalkeeping coach, what the hell for??

Been my opinion for years & years & years. waste of money.

No mention of a pitch inspection on our or their web site.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Someones written on here somewhere that it would be a very late inspection, dont know how thats worked out?

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

If the rain is that bad pitch inspection should be before Southport travel so say 2/3pm.

They'll be doing everything in their power to get this one on as it'll hit the club in the pocket if they don't 

• Like 1

I think it has a knock on effect for both teams. We want to concentrate on the league, with games Sat/Tues/Sat coming up and the same for Southport who have a backlog and have already had to rearrange games for CV-19.

5 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Prize money 5250 plus minimum of next round.

If we get to round 5 then its £6k for the winner and £1750 for losing. So potentially £7k to £11,250 to play for.

Forgot to add in streaming revenue, possibly another £2-3k

Edited by ITMAN
extra info
45 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

There is now 

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

But didn't we have an understudy to Alex Smith back in the day?.....wasn't it Barry White who warmed the bench for years? Turned out to be a half decent singer too lol.

Edited by woody