PW said he is a long way from fitness do we fear he has now gone the same way as Danns, I unfortunately think he could have, same sort of age serious injury will he come back? An eye injury is a very serious one as every time you jog/run and move your head you put pressure on your eyes. to me this is why PW has brought Belehouan in. Your thoughts tin helmet in place and bullet proof glass all around.

war soldier GIF

4 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

PW said he is a long way from fitness do we fear he has now gone the same way as Danns, I unfortunately think he could have, same sort of age serious injury will he come back? An eye injury is a very serious one as every time you jog/run and move your head you put pressure on your eyes. to me this is why PW has brought Belehouan in. Your thoughts tin helmet in place and bullet proof glass all around.

war soldier GIF

That doesn't sound implausible, Steve. I wouldn't have thought he'll have his contract terminated, just that we will need more cover throughout what remains of the season. I think Clarke said after the play-offs that he was looking for one more season, so maybe this one will be his swansong. I still feel he has something to offer on the coaching side if there's room.

• Like 1

Not a good prognosis for Nathan, if it is a long term issue it may end his career at his age, hope this is not the case. A hundred percenter for us, an inspiration & great leader. Good luck in your recovery Clarkey

From a selfish team perspective we are well served in the CB position fortunately.

• Like 4

Clarke has been a great player for us in the last couple of seasons, a big part in an incredibly solid defence. If his playing time with us is up come the end of the season I hope we can keep him on as a coach, he would still be a useful part of the club. Am I right in thinking he has been taking various coaching qualifications?

35 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

That doesn't sound implausible, Steve. I wouldn't have thought he'll have his contract terminated, just that we will need more cover throughout what remains of the season. I think Clarke said after the play-offs that he was looking for one more season, so maybe this one will be his swansong. I still feel he has something to offer on the coaching side if there's room.

As do I.

9 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Clarke has been a great player for us in the last couple of seasons, a big part in an incredibly solid defence. If his playing time with us is up come the end of the season I hope we can keep him on as a coach, he would still be a useful part of the club. Am I right in thinking he has been taking various coaching qualifications?

I believe so.

I’d rather the club and Nathan not take any risks. An injury like an eye one could cause long term problems so Clarke needs to make sure everything is 100% right before he even considers playing again. If it stops him from playing again then its crap, but his long term recovery is more important than getting us through a few games at the end of this season.

Regardless, now is maybe the time to try see if he can be more involved in the coaching and management side. I do think with his style and experience we have someone in the making who is a very good asset to the club of worth. 

• Like 1

He’s a great player and has a lot to offer despite what people say. Zero clean sheets since he was out speaks for itself and if this injury does end his career it will a terrible shame. I’m sure there is a coaching role for him at the club somewhere though.

• Thanks 1

My sense is the eye injury is stopping him from training.. meaning he is steadily loosing fitness 

and while the scratch on his eye will heal he will then have to spend several weeks getting back to fitness .. result he is effectively out for much of the season. 

1 minute ago, oldskir said:

We've let more goals in, because, thank God, Wild has adopted a more attacking style of play.

Exactly 

rather win 5-2 than lose 1-0 

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

Well for the first 9 games we had a very good defensive record but virtually no goals and no points. I would rather be 6th in the table than 20th and watching entertaining football.

2 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The temperature gauge in my car is saying he's a liability and we are better without him in the team :doh:

My windscreen says otherwise!

42 minutes ago, oldskir said:

We've let more goals in, because, thank God, Wild has adopted a more attacking style of play.

He had some strikers to pick that’s the difference