Today’s Game Town v Torquay

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did say last season that I couldn`t understand the Wild love-in. Was clueless then (but inexperienced), and clueless now and will remain so until he learns to adapt. I know he`s loved by many as he

If the defence is to be continually under pressure they will crack eventually, the problem is further forward, midfieldn lose the ball too cheaply No coincidence there is no cohesion or link up play w

Disappointed Earing not starting

Green has been awful, should have let York keep him. Woods does nothing. Summerfield our best player. Clarke is past it now. Gevaro whatever his last name is isnt good enough. Has Jake Hyde had a shot since he signed for us? Signed Danns and that's 2 full games he has sat on the bench, why? .....

Just now, shaymandownsouff said:

Got to be time to go 4-3-3 after this one.

Clarke is just so bad on the ball - every time he gets it you know the opposition will have it in 3 seconds

Woods - too one footed. Offers nothing defensively or going forward

Hyde - looks like the version who was terrible for York, not the one who played well for Woking

I agree 4-3-3 has to be the way forward! 

We have 3 good wingers at the club who have ended up playing upfront. Tear, Nepo and Allen! Start using them correctly Wild! 

Why sign Danns if you aren’t even gonna play him let alone allow him to feature in either game 

Already writing Sutton on Saturday off, absolutely no chance we beat them away from home with the form that they've been in recently (you just know who's nailed on to score for them too...). If we don't beat Barnet in our next home game though then we are in serious trouble

Agree the system doesn’t work. If we effectively play with a five man defence then we won’t create anything with the team we have. Too many mistakes in defence. 
We get overrun in midfield as a result and teams dominate possession.

Why put Givaro on when he has done nothing since arriving. You’ve signed Danns  for what reason? Why not give him the last 10 mins poor poor decision.

Torquay took their chances and deservedly won.

PW needs to redefine what he means by the extra mile - in training? Because it ain’t in matches on current form. Get a striker who can score goals.

2 minutes ago, thetalktrainer said:

Who said these players were better than last seasons. Up to press they are below the required standard. Poor decisions, poor passing, poor basic skills. We never truely dominated like teams at home are expected to do. Appreciate a change of tactics might help. 

Man for man, this side is better. That’s why it’s so so so frustrating 

The potential is there, but it just isn’t happening

• Like 4
Just now, TJAshton said:

Clarke is too slow. Said this last season I don’t like him on the pitch. Bradbury and Byrne in CB for me with Maher and Williams next to them in a back 4

Maher - Byrne - Bradbury - Senior

Summerfield - Danns - Earing

Tear/King - Hyde - Allen

Think it’s harsh on Green, but you probably want Danns’ solidity. 

Just now, shaymandownsouff said:

Maher - Byrne - Bradbury - Senior

Summerfield - Danns - Earing

Tear/King - Hyde - Allen

Think it’s harsh on Green, but you probably want Danns’ solidity. 

Yes. I’m interested to see what Danns brings. 

Why sign him then don’t feature him in either game. Stupid