It's not like me to moan and I'm sorry if someone's mentioned this before and I missed it, but Inplayer is not very good is it. The commentators Kirky and his mate are fine no problem. It's the camera work. I think they are too far away, they never zoom in. They are too fond of Sam Johnson. I've watched all the streams and the best one without doubt was the South Shields match. They presented it well, action replays at half time etc. Let's hope things improve.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, born to moan said:

It's not like me to moan and I'm sorry if someone's mentioned this before and I missed it, but Inplayer is not very good is it. The commentators Kirky and his mate are fine no problem. It's the camera work. I think they are too far away, they never zoom in. They are too fond of Sam Johnson. I've watched all the streams and the best one without doubt was the South Shields match. They presented it well, action replays at half time etc. Let's hope things improve.

You maybe right but you are still a moaning old bugger.

• Haha 1

If you want to watch from Beacon Hill, like viewing a 2 minute solo of Sam Johnson when the action's at the other end, and prefer Daleks commentating, then this system is perfect.

We watched one game on an 8 inch tablet in the pub. Couldn't figure out what was happening at all, and my 17 inch computer screen isn't much better. Suggest they buy us all a 200 inch screen, issue us all with binoculars, or let a human being operate the camera.

• Like 1

I feel its fine considering that we are in the fifth tier of English football and we are mediocre at best. The streaming standard is well above our football standard. What do you expect with us at the helm? 

South Shields put on a good show with interviews, replays, adverts etc. If there's one thing we could improve it would be showing replays at half time and full time.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

I feel its fine considering that we are in the fifth tier of English football and we are mediocre at best. The streaming standard is well above our football standard. What do you expect with us at the helm? 

South Shields put on a good show with interviews, replays, adverts etc. If there's one thing we could improve it would be showing replays at half time and full time.

Considering it is in lieu of season ticket attendance it is pretty basic, quality OK but due to distance not very involving.

18 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Considering it is in lieu of season ticket attendance it is pretty basic, quality OK but due to distance not very involving.

It's not really that bad is it? Its just like watching it from a static seat in the centre of the east stand, without the morgue atmosphere.

It's not worth the price of attendance, granted, but you're helping to keep the club afloat. Well done. 

I believe the camera is automatic and tracks the match ball. When it loses sight of the match ball it looks for Sam Johnson instead, assuming he has hidden it somewhere.

I am available to attend all home matches and I promise to point the camera at the match ball when it is in play, if I have to go for a wee I promise to be as quick as I can.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

It's not really that bad is it? Its just like watching it from a static seat in the centre of the east stand, without the morgue atmosphere.

It's not worth the price of attendance, granted, but you're helping to keep the club afloat. Well done. 

Happy enough to help the club but don't consider the experience is anything like watching from the centre of East stand, the viewpoint is similar to my seated one but as I say with no flexibility very uninvolving, not something that can be improved on unfortunately & better than no option at all. Good bit is being warm & comfortable with refreshments at will.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Happy enough to help the club but don't consider the experience is anything like watching from the centre of East stand, the viewpoint is similar to my seated one but as I say with no flexibility very uninvolving, not something that can be improved on unfortunately & better than no option at all. Good bit is being warm & comfortable with refreshments at will.

Yes can't disagree with the entertainment experience, but if we we were banging goals in I don't think we'd mention it. I just hope we hammer Torquay to test my theory out.

20 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Yes can't disagree with the entertainment experience, but if we we were banging goals in I don't think we'd mention it. I just hope we hammer Torquay to test my theory out.

My thoughts too, if we're were winning don't think the discussion would be taking place.

9 hours ago, born to moan said:

It would be interesting to know viewing figures throughout our league & see how other clubs have presented their match day experience. Perhaps knowing how other clubs are trying to improve the service may aid our media team in improving our service.

9 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

It would be interesting to know viewing figures throughout our league & see how other clubs have presented their match day experience. Perhaps knowing how other clubs are trying to improve the service may aid our media team in improving our service.

Probably a better experience if commentators didn't kick the microphones around the Shay:D

59 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

£20K seems a lot of money for the system but I have no idea what is involved in running it. Even more so if they receive a percentage of sales as well.

Highlights at half time and immediately after the game would be good.

Are you saying we've paid good money for this much reduced viewing experience? I just assumed we were trying something out! Unfortunately, the time limit for returning this thing will presumably have passed by now.

Edited by kit

I’ve watched every Town game this season and our offering is comfortably the best I’ve seen. Personally I much prefer our more zoomed out picture, but in HD, than teams like Woking filming it on a Nokia 3310 where you can count the pixels.

You think this is bad, try watching iFollow that the football league teams have.