51 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Whilst I can understand the argument that it's easier and cheaper to get it onto merchandise, I'd love to go back to the proper town crest or even that 1970s/80s round badge would do me. 

I absolutely agree, I am actually a fan of that round one it's a bit different and unique if nothing else. Even if a new badge just incorporated aspects of the old crest I'd be much happier.

Edited by sunny d
accidentally pressed enter too quick
  • Like 1

For me having the Town coat of arms incorporated into the badge creates a sense of identity that links us indelibly to the actual Town and all of the inhabitants. After all we are the premier sporting ambassadors for the town of Halifax across the world. We are even famous in Brazil.:D 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Whilst I can understand the argument that it's easier and cheaper to get it onto merchandise, I'd love to go back to the proper town crest or even that 1970s/80s round badge would do me. 

I remember my time at the club and one year when sorting out the kit, it cost £2...yes only £2 to have the crest put on an item of clothing. Even if the current logo costs just £1 to have it embroidered, I dont buy this as a justifiable reason.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Bubba said:

I remember my time at the club and one year when sorting out the kit, it cost £2...yes only £2 to have the crest put on an item of clothing. Even if the current logo costs just £1 to have it embroidered, I dont buy this as a justifiable reason.

It's about control, not cost. That much is obvious.

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

:D

Liar.:D

It's better than the poxy one they initially used for FCHT. But yes, it is an affront to the thousands of supporters, players and club officials who built the club up from scratch, and kept it going in the face of astronomical odds. It would not kill DB to bring back the old crest but we all know it simply won't happen. The thought of a supporter using the club's crest without the direct permission of DB probably keeps him awake at night.

10 minutes ago, sunny d said:

Surely as fans we have some kind of leverage, if a large enough proportion wanted change then it could be a fantastic way of making the club feel like it’s really ours again. Perhaps it’s just a pipe dream.

For those that have replica kit etc. is it not possible to have a coat of arms badge made & apply accordingly, if enough interested I'm sure someone will manufacture a batch. I'd have one to stick on my wynsiette pyjamas.

4 hours ago, Bubba said:

But Bob Walker (I think it was) claimed it was costing too much to manufacture and came up with some 'classy' alternatives which looked to have been thought up by infants in a spare two minutes before home time.

• Like 1

Not upto date on everything badge history related but can anyone explain why we have 5 stars on the current badge? I thought the present day use of stars in a clubs insignia was determined by the number of titles they had won, i.e 5 PL titles and you have 5 stars on your badge.

Worst Crest/Kit Change This Season? – BPL Soccer News 

4 hours ago, Roy Race said:

For those that have replica kit etc. is it not possible to have a coat of arms badge made & apply accordingly, if enough interested I'm sure someone will manufacture a batch. I'd have one to stick on my wynsiette pyjamas.

Maybe done as a way to show that there is a demand for this. If enough fans did it then maybe the powers that be might take notice. Maybe it could be used as a form of retro shirt/kit harking back to our glory years....