Based on gates i suspect. It’s a bonus for the likes of Torquay, aldershot in the top 7. As they are Receiving the same amount on their 2500 crowds as a Stockport or Notts county on their 4500 crowds. 
It’s the same with the 84K funding, we are the highest placed Club in attendance with 2100 last Season and we Will receive the same amount as Borehamwood and their 500 crowds.

15 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Based on gates i suspect. It’s a bonus for the likes of Torquay, aldershot in the top 7. As they are Receiving the same amount on their 2500 crowds as a Stockport or Notts county on their 4500 crowds. 
It’s the same with the 84K funding, we are the highest placed Club in attendance with 2100 last Season and we Will receive the same amount as Borehamwood and their 500 crowds.

Still, £84k per month is better than if it was just shared out equally across the whole NL. Is this for 3 months or longer?

Another example is that York averaged 200 more fans than Torquay and yet York will be receiving 60k less. The Conference asked each club to give detailed financial breakdowns. The clubs should have been banded in tiers of attendance Over the three leagues and money divided equally from those bands. This seems very slap stick to me.

Except most clubs in the National are full time and most clubs in the North or south are part time 

in the end it’s difficult to do something fairly ..think they tried 

hopefully this will help the whole league survive 

8 minutes ago, Nick said:

Except most clubs in the National are full time and most clubs in the North or south are part time 

in the end it’s difficult to do something fairly ..think they tried 

hopefully this will help the whole league survive 

I personally don’t think they tried very hard. Just my Opinion. 

• Like 1

Surely it was a pretty simple calculation of percentage of overall average attendance for each club for each league. Then split the amount for each league by that percentage. That would be a fair way of splitting it, rather than a 2 tier system. 

The National League is to distribute the government's £10m support package on an average attendance basis, meaning seven former Football League clubs will receive a larger sum.

Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Notts County, Stockport, Torquay, Wrexham and Yeovil will receive £95,000 a month, with the 16 other clubs receiving £84,000.

National League games are currently being played behind closed doors.

The first payments of National Lottery funds is scheduled for next week.

In National League North and South, the majority of clubs will get £30,000 a month, although Chester, Dulwich Hamlet, Hereford, Maidstone and York will receive £36,000 a month on the same distribution model basis

8 minutes ago, Flea said:

So £84,000 a month works out that they are "paying" Town for 4,200 Adults having paid £20 each to see a game. 

In all honesty, I think that is a good return. 

I don't know how much we make through the gate on an average month, but when you consider we would have tax, stewards, electric, and all sorts of other match day expenses, I doubt we would be banking much more than that. It is the equivalent of us having two games a month at our 2100 average last year - but with EVERY person there having paid for an adult ticket and not a child/concession one. 

Then if you consider we can make some money on streaming this year which will top up the loss, we may be looking at breaking even with money coming in. 

I don't like it, but lets not look a gift horse in the mouth. Its worth over £250K to us over 3 months. 

Totally agree!!! You cant please all the people all of the time, but you can please some of the people some of the time?

I imagine quite a few businesses and other organisations in the real world would have been happy with this level of assistance so it would be churlish to complain about it.

I'm not totally convinced the Government should be giving this level of assistance given the amount of money just swilling about in the game.

Still, at least we wont need to raise any funds ourselves!

If this is coming from the lottery, do we also still have the payments the league promised to clubs too, or have they taken this as a chance to not pay out on that? 

Originally there was meant to be a payment to all Conference clubs that came from the FL. 

If we are still in line for this payment as well as the lottery one, then we have some good money coming in that should offset loss of match day takings.

In many ways, the fact that we don't get money from food and drink, as well as not having ground upkeep costs, we may actually be better off than many clubs who will have budgeted for food money and will still need to pay to keep the ground fit for purpose. 

We keep a very prudent and tight ship when it comes to finance. This may turn out to be the saving grace here. Tightening of belts is needed and we still need to make every single penny count. It would be good to get a confirmation if we are still getting this payment from the league or not. 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 1

I'm very happy with that £84k per month for us.

And I won't be weeping any tears for York. They've been splashing too much cash around, and are in danger of becoming a mini Salford.

They effectively poached players from us in Brown and Duckworth by paying big wages for National North, and of course Redshaw won't be cheap.

Going further back, they nabbed their manager Steve Watson from Darlington mid season, and last year were shelling out for the likes of McNulty.

If this gives them a reality check, it will be no bad thing.

I see that York and Chester among others from the NL/N&S are unhappy, plus teams below the NL are now complaining - South Shields/Scarborough etc.

They are all asking a) how  did the NL work out how to give the money out and b) for clubs on the tier below who are restricted to crowds below their average attendance why are they not getting grants. 

On 10/21/2020 at 3:41 PM, oldskir said:

I'm very happy with that £84k per month for us.

And I won't be weeping any tears for York. They've been splashing too much cash around, and are in danger of becoming a mini Salford.

They effectively poached players from us in Brown and Duckworth by paying big wages for National North, and of course Redshaw won't be cheap.

Going further back, they nabbed their manager Steve Watson from Darlington mid season, and last year were shelling out for the likes of McNulty.

If this gives them a reality check, it will be no bad thing.

Watson came from Gateshead, Martin Grey was the manager who came from Darlington.

Let's be honest about it, given their respective injury records they did us a favour taking those 3!